Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda announcement at GDC tomorrow?  (Read 3444 times)

Zelda announcement at GDC tomorrow?
« on: February 22, 2008, 12:39:15 am »
  • I don't have a life 'cause who wants one?
Okay I need answers. I'm always behind on things but i was just told about the zelda2008 website yesterday. I googled it and found a date in the description: 2/22/08. Is this real? Or is whoever owns the website trying to build hype?  :huh: Discuss.
Signatures are a waste of space............... :)
Re: Zelda announcement at GDC tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 12:40:33 am »
zelda2008 I believe is a hoax site, if memory serves.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 12:42:18 am »
that figures. A fan can dream can't he? XD

alirazaq

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 12:47:38 am »
The newest Zelda game is going to be released for Nintendo's next console around 2011. Miyamoto said so in a interview, he said the newest Zelda game would be nothing like Twilight Princess and would change the way think about Zelda completely. He also mentioned Nintendo's next console and that the new Zelda game would be released for it.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 12:51:02 am »
Really????? I thought nintendo was hard at work on a zelda exclusively for the Wii? Did I just imagine this?

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 12:59:15 am »
Really????? I thought nintendo was hard at work on a zelda exclusively for the Wii? Did I just imagine this?

There probably was one annouced like you said, but we're just accounting for the number of delays the game will have.

ba-dum tsch!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 01:03:36 am »

There probably was one annouced like you said, but we're just accounting for the number of delays the game will have.

ba-dum tsch!

True. It seemed like forever before Twilight Princess was released, and then it became a Wii game, which made me mad because they said it was going to be a Gamecube exclusive. >:(

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 01:19:51 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
The next Zelda to be released on Nintendo's next console? Sorry, but I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that. Maybe I'm just not that imaginative of a person, but I really don't see how Nintendo can come up with something as innovative as the Wii. Unless it retains all of the abilities of the Wii but actually has the hardware to compete with the other consoles (PS4 and Xbox 720, if the trend continues), I don't see it happening. We'll just wait and see.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 01:29:00 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
After the horrid game TP, I hope ninty just stops making Zelda games :/

Capcom or nothing ninty.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 01:33:12 am »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
The newest Zelda game is going to be released for Nintendo's next console around 2011. Miyamoto said so in a interview, he said the newest Zelda game would be nothing like Twilight Princess and would change the way think about Zelda completely. He also mentioned Nintendo's next console and that the new Zelda game would be released for it.
90% of your post is pure fabrication. Only the part that Twilight Princess is, to paraphrase: The last Zelda as we know it.

I </3 Sol

alirazaq

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 01:37:31 am »

ba-dum tsch!
Twilight Princess was announced in 2003-2004 and was released in 2006. That is only 2-3 years of development. That was similar the amount of time taken to make Wind Waker as it was announced in 1999 and released in 2001. Of course there was epic change in 2000 when it went from regular to cel shade however they had already had a lot of work done on the engine.

So it takes about 2-3 years to make a Zelda Game. The new one is going to be made on a completely new engine from scratch, and will probably not be started till Nintendo officially knows what their next system will be like. Gamecube lasted 2001-2006 so Wii will probably last an equal date meaning it will be replaced with Nintendo's new system in 2011 or 2012. Likewise Zelda will be released as a launch title.
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 01:40:16 am »
Yeah, half of me thinks the new Zelda, when revealed, is going to be delayed ALOT and the other half believes the new Zelda will come out this year and on the Wii. Well, whatever happens tomorrow one thing I know is this, I want information on the new Zelda!  XD
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 01:42:04 am »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread

ba-dum tsch!
Twilight Princess was announced in 2003-2004 and was released in 2006. That is only 2-3 years of development. That was similar the amount of time taken to make Wind Waker as it was announced in 1999 and released in 2001. Of course there was epic change in 2000 when it went from regular to cel shade however they had already had a lot of work done on the engine.

So it takes about 2-3 years to make a Zelda Game. The new one is going to be made on a completely new engine from scratch, and will probably not be started till Nintendo officially knows what their next system will be like. Gamecube lasted 2001-2006 so Wii will probably last an equal date meaning it will be replaced with Nintendo's new system in 2011 or 2012. Likewise Zelda will be released as a launch title.
Er, Wind Waker was announced in '99? I thought Majora's Mask was. Then it was launched in 2000. Why would they skip a Wii Zelda? You're not making any sense at all.

Of course there was epic change in 2000 when it went from regular to cel shade however they had already had a lot of work done on the engine.

Yet, Wind Waker development didn't begin until after Mario Sunshine was released, seeing as it builds on that engine. :(.

Geez you guys.

BLERGH

I </3 Sol
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 01:47:49 am »

ba-dum tsch!

Er, Wind Waker was announced in '99? I thought Majora's Mask was. Then it was launched in 2000. Why would they skip a Wii Zelda? You're not making any sense at all.

Of course there was epic change in 2000 when it went from regular to cel shade however they had already had a lot of work done on the engine.

Yet, Wind Waker development didn't begin until after Mario Sunshine was released, seeing as it builds on that engine. :(.

Geez you guys.

BLERGH

BLERGH HARGAN DEMKRAN
XD
But seriously what happened? All I wanted was opinions on what I saw and therioes on what will happen tomorrow. O well, guess this is related to my topic, kinda of. XD
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 02:11:32 am »
I'm about 99% certain that the site is a hoax or a misleading fan-site.  The domain name is registered through GoDaddy for one, (which definitely seems unlikely for an official site), and Nintendo isn't scheduled for a Keynote speech at GDC this year.  The big three typically only make announcements like that during their keynote, especially one as major as that.

As far as the rest of the discussion in this topic regarding a Wii-specific Zelda game, I'm pretty sure there's something happening with that at least in the planning stages.  I'm too lazy to check for sources right now, but I think about a half-year ago there were a few interviews that mention a Wii-specific Zelda on the drawing boards that would redefine the way we play the games.

Nintendo obviously needs some more heavy-hitter games on the Wii to appeal to the "hardcore" gamers.  Galaxy is still pretty new, Retro Studios has moved on from Metroid, Brawl and Mario Kart are coming out soon, and Nintendo has never been known for introducing new IPs on a frequent basis.  It's only logical that they're working on a new Zelda in some form, especially considering that TP wasn't even intended as a Wii game until the very end of development.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if they announced a new title at E3 or SpaceWorld.

If we don't hear about it this year we will in 2009, but that's pushing it.  If nothing else, I'm pretty confident that Nintendo will announce and show off a current-gen Kid Icarus title, (with his inclusion in Brawl as well as the current level of demand because of it).
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 02:17:21 am »
Thanks for clearing that up dude. Still, I wish Nintendo would say something. :'(
On the matter of the site, I think it is safe to say that the site may be for a fan game or fan film.
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 02:27:43 am »
Thanks for clearing that up dude. Still, I wish Nintendo would say something. :'(
On the matter of the site, I think it is safe to say that the site may be for a fan game or fan film.

No problem, I'm glad I could help. You're probably right about it being for a fan project...my money is on a fan-film. 

Anyway, I see you're new.  Welcome, hopefully you'll have a good time here.  BTW, how did you stumble across the site, (I'm always curious about that when new members sign up)?
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]

alirazaq

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 02:34:21 am »
Majoras Mask came out in '00; it is also when development of the "next zelda" game started. Remember the Zelda 2000 tech demo? Well a while after that the game took a huge turn and the outcome was Wind Waker. Wind Waker was finished in 2002. Took about 2 years.
Super Mario Sunshine July 19, 2002
Zelda Wind Waker December 13, 2002

Those are JAP release dates, so yeah I highly doubt that it was based of sunshines engine
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 03:45:30 am »
The next Zelda to be released on Nintendo's next console? Sorry, but I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that. Maybe I'm just not that imaginative of a person, but I really don't see how Nintendo can come up with something as innovative as the Wii. Unless it retains all of the abilities of the Wii but actually has the hardware to compete with the other consoles (PS4 and Xbox 720, if the trend continues), I don't see it happening. We'll just wait and see.

sorry, Source, Nintendo isn't stupid. Sure, they've brought gaming in a new direction with the Wii, but do honestly think it would be a smart business move to stop there?

First of all: the Wii is a flawed console. It's got a lot of a great ideas and succeeds in some ways, but in fails in just as many. You'll notice that the majority of the games developed for the "hardcore" gaming audience only make minimal use of the motion controls. That's because, although it sounds good on paper, the limitations of technology make a lot of the motion controls amount to nothing waggle. The controls work best in minigames and shooters, and otherwise see very little use (in games developed by people who know what they're doing). If Nintendo doesn't expand upon what they started and perfect it, they'll easily fall far behind in sales and loose a lot of important fans.

Second of all: If Nintendo didn't release a new console with improved hardware (or motion controls), they'd easily lose extreme amounts of money. By releasing a new console every 5 years, Nintendo can keep up with its competitors and make extreme profits through the sales boom provided by the new console. The older a console gets, the less it sales. It's simple as that.

Also, Ali: I feel it's important to look up facts upon these bits of information before making inferences. Not to mention that more people will believe you if you cite sources. I personally think that the statements you're making are most likely false. Just one small point to keep in mind: games are usually a good ways into development before they're announced. The developers will have probably spent several months on pre-production and sometimes have even begun production before announcing a new title.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 03:48:47 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Super Mario Sunshine July 19, 2002
Zelda Wind Waker December 13, 2002

Those are JAP release dates, so yeah I highly doubt that it was based of sunshines engine

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. I think the OoT engine was based on SM64, then WW was based on OoT.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.355 seconds with 75 queries.