Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blades will bleed..  (Read 4526 times)

Re: Blades will bleed..
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2008, 11:30:54 pm »
  • *whistle*
Also full of featureless, boring sea. Which, ironically, Ganondorf refers to himself.

It's a story telling device! It's intentionally boring so you're as !@#$% bored as Link is sailling around the bloody thing.
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2008, 12:16:19 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Iv loved allt he Zelda games except AoL, which was ok, but nothing special.
I love TP, its my favourite Wii game to date, and either Tp or WW is my fav gamecube game.
I loved the story, and thought the graphics were amazing when considerd its truly a gamecube game, and anyway the art direction was amazing making up for the lack of 360/PS3 graphical capabilities.
My one major major beef with the game is that nothing happens between Link and Ilia, even though its hinted at all the way through.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

gm112

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2008, 12:23:16 am »
... you just said that TP is worse than LoZ, AoL and LttP. Hell, FS and FSA as well. That's shocking.

Yes. LoZ is GREAT. AlttP and AoL are okay, the Four Swords games are fun.

LoZ is very very very dated. Hasn't aged well. AoL was never any good (horrible, despicable, unplayable game), and aLttP used to be a great game, and is now only a good game.

The FS games are only good with the appropriate number of friends (i.e. four). Otherwise, they're dull, linear and uninteresting, especially after the fist play-through.

I will grant you that OoT, MM and MC are better games than TP, and WW is on roughly equal footing, but of the remaining EIGHT GAMES, TP is clearly superior.

The Wind Waker is a MILLION TIMES BETTER than TP.

I'm sorry, were we playing the same game? The one where I put down the controller and switched off the TV for ten minutes at a time, because half the game involved sailing in a straight line with absolutely nothing to do at all?

I mean, sure, apart from that huge glaring problem with the game, and its massive lack of content or features to extent play time, yes, it was a very good game, but not better than the equivalent parts of TP.

Dammit, Swiftu, you had me expecting that this thread was about some new and awesome RPG with massive bosses and boobs and swords that bled because they weren't manly enough.

I am saddened. But yeah, TP was a dissapointment. Was it a bad game? No, it just didn't live up to the hype.

Everyone blames the hype...  Twilight Princess didn't live up to the series. It's was the worst Zelda game up to that point. (I never played Phantom Hourglass, so I can't say if TP is the worst game in the series.)

... you just said that TP is worse than LoZ, AoL and LttP. Hell, FS and FSA as well. That's shocking.

I will grant you that OoT, MM and MC are better games than TP, and WW is on roughly equal footing, but of the remaining EIGHT GAMES, TP is clearly superior.
LttP is certainly better than TP.  I'm not even a LttP fan, but you can't deny that-- TP sucked, and LttP was a much better game.

(windwaker for the win :D)

My god no. o.O

LttP had no plot, no emotional connection with the player, no intrigue, no sophistication, and very little direction. The only thing it really had going for it was it was advanced for its time (technically), and was (and remains) quite clever, but that's about it. It really hasn't aged very well at all.

No plot?! Have you PLAYED lttp through??????????

The game's name is "Triforce of the Gods"; it introduced the 3 piece triforce, explained WHY they exist, and what they do, and the reason everyone wants it. Speak to me of no plot when you've played the game properly. <_<

Though I do agree, theres little direction. The storyline doesnt come as you progress the game; it's an NPC thing ;s

I guess there was a bit of plot before the first major dungeon? And then again just before I beat Aganhim the first time? For the remaining NINE dungeons, there was no plot. It was just "Go find some maidens, kill some !@#$%, then come back here so you can kill Aganhim again. Oh and Ganon. Yeah, see you later."

I have never in my life played a Zelda game with a decent story.  Usually story is my #1 priority, but in this case; !@#$% story.  The zelda games have always been about gameplay (combat + puzzles) and atmosphere.  TP?  Horrible horrible atmosphere, and boring  dungeons.  and !@#$% graphics.  WW?  bursting with atmosphere, and some pretty good dungeons. 
Add in that Zelda games are not meant to follow one after another(even though some do, but still). I mean, Zelda games are made to where you can play any of them and figure out what is going on.
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2008, 12:32:06 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Oh my god you people have bad taste. Sure Twilight Princess didn't live up to the hype, but I think it is better than Ocarina of Time. Personally, I like Ocarina of Time better but Twilight Princess has better graphics, story, sound, and gameplay. Ocarina of Time is just more entwined with my childhood. Well...actually Ocarina of Time was a tad more..."epic"?
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2008, 12:35:18 am »
  • :D
I like Ocarina of Time better but Twilight Princess has better graphics, story, sound, and gameplay.
I agree, it has better graphics.  But they still suck.

The story in TP was !@#$%, the world was a lame rehash of an old one, nothing about it interested me. 
The sound in TP, while better audio quality technically, wasn't very good.  The soundtrack?  One of the most dissapointing in Zelda history.  The only good songs were remixes of OoT songs.
Gameplay?  Please.  The dungeons were boring, and the game was way too easy.
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2008, 01:46:27 am »
  • I don't have a life 'cause who wants one?
Sure Twilight Princess didn't live up to the hype, but I think it is better than Ocarina of Time. Personally, I like Ocarina of Time better but Twilight Princess has better graphics, story, sound, and gameplay.
Um, dude...................... that didn't make sense. But I think I know what you are saying. :D
Signatures are a waste of space............... :)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2008, 06:07:07 am »
  • Silly cat!
Sure Twilight Princess didn't live up to the hype, but I think it is better than Ocarina of Time. Personally, I like Ocarina of Time better but Twilight Princess has better graphics, story, sound, and gameplay.
Um, dude...................... that didn't make sense. But I think I know what you are saying. :D
No, he made sense. There's a large difference between thinking something is better through your opinion and liking something more than something else.

As for the ongoing argument, Wind Waker is best Zelda game, period. Majora's Mask is second best.

But they're all good games, and especially if you played games when ALttP was released, it's easy to think it's the best in the series.

Hoffy.
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2008, 06:30:18 am »
Who thinks TP is bad or doesn't live up to the hype? I think it is better than Ocarina of Time. The only Zelda I think is better than TP is Majora's Mask. Probably if I had to rate the top 5, with 1 being the best:

1. Majora's Mask
2. Twilight Princess
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Minish Cap
5. A Link to the Past
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2008, 11:33:12 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
The thing I loved about TP was the fun, fun, moves that you could do with the sword. I loved taking on Knucles/Dark nuts and Gannondorf human form. It was heaps of fun trying to kill them the fastest way. I also like shooting the lizafoes off the stairs in hyrule castle.
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2008, 11:40:17 am »
Who thinks TP is bad or doesn't live up to the hype? I think it is better than Ocarina of Time. The only Zelda I think is better than TP is Majora's Mask. Probably if I had to rate the top 5, with 1 being the best:

1. Majora's Mask
2. Twilight Princess
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Minish Cap
5. A Link to the Past
I think TP is flat out bad, I just find everything in the game quite worthless.
the only part of twilight princess I like is Lake Hylia, not sure what it is but I can spend hours running round there.

Seriously, all the dungeons felt like tutorials, the entire overworld felt worthless, story did nothing for me, way too many stupid weapons, epona was like a plot device that should've disappeared but didn't, I could keep going and going.. I just don't think there was much that was any good in TP.
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2008, 11:57:20 am »
Twilight Princess was awesome.
I second that!

Somehow we knew you would say that

Proud to be a Nintendo Fanboy

*cough* :P
LOL, my opinion about Nintendo games does not get affected by the fact that I'm a Nintendo fanboy!

Because if a Nintendo game sucks ass in my opinion(Like Zelda 2) then I will just say that.

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2008, 01:02:50 pm »
LOL, my opinion about Nintendo games does not get affected by the fact that I'm a Nintendo fanboy!
I just, I.. someone stick that quote on their fridge
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2008, 06:20:33 pm »
I did enjoy TP, not going to lie, but it still was disappointing.  While the overwhelming hype didn't help, it was mainly over factors that that kept it from being great.  Hyrule Field was a joke -- sure it was big, but it was empty with no surprises and helped making it a pain in the ass to get from one place to another.  The last two dungeons were completely half-assed, and then the whole "LOL PLOT-TWIST! GANON CONTROLLED ZANT, LOL!" thing. (That was so obvious and stupid that I didn't even bother with marking it as a spoiler.)  Castle Town failed in so many ways that I won't bother mentioning, and it was annoying that you couldn't go into the majority of the buildings no matter what town you were in.  NPC interaction was almost non-existent for most parts of the game.

There are more things than what I mentioned that I would have liked to have seen done differently, but I think you get the point.  Like I said before, I did like the game, but it could have been much better.

Favorite Zelda games, (in no particular order):

LA
LttP
MM
WW
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2008, 07:51:32 pm »
Dammit, Swiftu, you had me expecting that this thread was about some new and awesome RPG with massive bosses and boobs and swords that bled because they weren't manly enough.
For a minute there, I thought you almost forgot about Telma. She stole everyone elses boobs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 66 queries.

anything