Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is ZFGC becoming DSR?  (Read 9364 times)

Why is ZFGC becoming DSR?
« on: August 12, 2008, 03:46:55 pm »
I don't understand. Didn't DSR/GA teach us anything? Why are we going back to the formula that obviously failed and eventually led to the recreation of the original ZFGC (the way it was before the site).

Ryan

The only Canadian?
Re: Why is ZFGC becoming DSR?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 03:54:02 pm »
I don't get it.
DSR was pretty active still before it was DSWii.
I don't see how ZFGC is going towards their direction tho, DSR was about news.
ZFGC is just about resources.
>_>

Besides, I like where ZFGC is going at the moment.
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 03:56:26 pm »
  • Minalien
Because it was totally the fact that we were going to add news articles and a website to ZFGC that caused the problems, right?
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 11:07:39 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
ZFGC's merge with DSR always makes me laugh because we pretty much killed that forum and took any good members they had like Kyubi, Dracon, etc.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:12:26 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
>_< god damn just deal with it; you're not forced to use the features of the main site. If you're just a forum junkie, then stay on the forum and do what you did before the new features came in. No harm done >_<;;

ffs folks, I swear you all like to make a big deal out of the smallest things.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:43:08 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
>_< god damn just deal with it; you're not forced to use the features of the main site. If you're just a forum junkie, then stay on the forum and do what you did before the new features came in. No harm done >_<;;

Whataboutspamplz???  D:
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 11:45:33 pm »

Whataboutspamplz???  D:
IT EXISTS! YOU JUST HAVE TO WORK FOR IT! NO FREEBIES HERE D:.
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 11:47:41 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I don't get why people come to ZFGC with spam being the main reason.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 11:53:04 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Whataboutspamplz???  D:

Submit some of your ZC work and it'll give you access :P

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 11:57:22 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
*facepalm*

This is ZFGC with 20% more sugar added! >.>

I would say Soulrivers that you'd have a valid point but in this instance the original ZFGC is still here and I have to say infini has done one hell of a job with a site that allows the original intent of our forums from waaaaay back when come through. DSR/GA DID teach us something: to not overhaul what we have but to instead improve upon it which has been done with what I say is great success. I also think people forget that ZFGC was founded on fan games and a love of Zelda... not spam. Everyone just has to get over that.

To be blunt: If you're here for spam, just go away.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 12:13:19 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
To be blunt: If you're here for spam, just go away.
QFT!
I was here right at the beginning of ZFGC, and it's been depressing to see Spam overtake the board. Infini's new solution works. If you really want to enter spam, submit resources. If you don't submit resources, then I guess you don't want to enter spam then do you. If you're here for spam, leave. Now. If you're here for community discussion and other stuff, please stay.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 12:19:59 am »
I don't think I've ever even _seen_ the spam board. Not that I mind. There's plenty of other random image boards for that sort of nonsense. Discussion is what intrigues me.
  • My Myspace?
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 12:28:35 am »
Why do you all assume that I only go to Spam? For your information, I've never ever posted in there, and I don't intend to start either. For that matter, shouldn't admins be authorities, not tell me to get the !@#$% out if I only come here for Spam? Anyway.

My point was that when DSR/GA became too focused on parts that did not relate to the original content at all, it just spiraled out of control, and eventually crashlanded. The survivors of the wreckage returned to form the ZFGC we have today.

I guess I came off wrong in the OP. What I meant was that we shouldn't strive away too much from the reason why we come here - the community. I honestly don't think many members are interested in gaming news, they can get that elsewhere.
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 12:30:57 am »
Why do you all assume that I only go to Spam? For your information, I've never ever posted in there, and I don't intend to start either. For that matter, shouldn't admins be authorities, not tell me to get the !@#$% out if I only come here for Spam? Anyway.

My point was that when DSR/GA became too focused on parts that did not relate to the original content at all, it just spiraled out of control, and eventually crashlanded. The survivors of the wreckage returned to form the ZFGC we have today.

I guess I came off wrong in the OP. What I meant was that we shouldn't strive away too much from the reason why we come here - the community. I honestly don't think many members are interested in gaming news, they can get that elsewhere.

One of the major reasons GA failed was because the Admins really didn't do much with it, they took on more then they could handle.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 12:32:17 am »
Well I'm no admin, and these comments weren't directed at you specifically (I think) but I know that the community is still in major focus. Other stuff is being added on though, and personally I like it. The new Resource system is actually being used, and the chat is more active than ever it seems. The boards are a major part of this forum, and they are in the biggest focus, I'm sure. But the news thing is a good idea (and it might help me become a journalist, who knows) so it's all good.

• Mirby Studios

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 12:32:31 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

ZFGC's original content was fan game development. So... I don't understand what you're trying to say <_<;;
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 12:34:10 am »

ZFGC's original content was fan game development. So... I don't understand what you're trying to say <_<;;

Did you read the last paragraph? I basically said DON'T LET IT BECOME DSR. In red for you.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 12:43:32 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Well no, you're basically saying that ZFGC is going away from the community and becoming a development site...

Well, ZFGC STARTED as a development site. A community where users can make zelda fangames and share resources and stuff.

This is middle ground. Development and community. *shrugs*

Mountains out of molehills.
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 12:51:07 am »
Well no, you're basically saying that ZFGC is going away from the community and becoming a development site...

Well, ZFGC STARTED as a development site. A community where users can make zelda fangames and share resources and stuff.

This is middle ground. Development and community. *shrugs*

Mountains out of molehills.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I never said that it was becoming a development site. I said people come here mostly because of the community, not for the gaming news. Is there a reason to keep them? I don't think so.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 12:52:05 am »
Well we can have both you know... you don't have to read the gaming news...

• Mirby Studios
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 75 queries.

anything