Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deus Ex (PC)  (Read 1574 times)

TP

Deus Ex (PC)
« on: April 25, 2006, 01:29:54 am »
Considered to be one of the greatest games of all time, Deus Ex is a first person shooter with little to no limitations.

The year is 2052 and the world is a dangerous and chaotic place. Terrorists operate openly, killing thousands; drugs, disease, and pollution kill even more. The world's economics are close to collapse and the gap between the insanely wealthy and the desperately poor has grown to the size of the Grand Canyon. Worst of all, an ages old conspiracy bent on world domination has decided that the time is right to emerge from the shadows and take control. No one believes they exist. No one but you. In this thrilling roleplaying adventure you play the part of a powerful, nanotechnologically augmented anti-terrorist agent. It's up to you to stop the conspirators from achieving their goals. But this world is full of lies and betrayal, a world where nothing is as it seems and entire nations can seemingly be turned against you at the push of a button. To succeed, you must travel the globe in a quest for knowledge, develop your character's strengths as you see fit, build a network of allies to assist you, determine when stealth and strategy are more important than action. And each time you think you've got the mystery solved, the game figured out, there's another, deeper mystery to be unraveled. You will never know who to trust, who your friends are, who's in the conspiracy and who's innocent. Maybe no one is.....

You are an agent for UNATCO, the United Nations Anti Terrorist Colation. You play as JC Denton, one of the two first nano-augmented agents in UNATCO. The NSF (National Seccesionist Forces) are a group of terrorists whom you are trying to stop. You travel around the world, trying to stop them.

So, do you like this game? What are your opinions on it? Discuss it here!

I've only ever played the demo.
Re: Deus Ex (PC)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 04:12:25 am »
  • Maybe I'll just sit here and bleed at you.
I only have Invisible War, the sequel.  What I can say about Invisible War is that it's an incredible game, but has serious problems when it comes to even getting a level to load without crashing to desktop (luckily, a fanmade patch was released for this, although tedious to find), and especially with slowdown.  It's my opinion that they didn't seem to give any regard to optimizing graphics, as Half Life 2 and other games with better graphics run faster on my pc than it does (and there are apparently huge problems with it crashing on a few xboxes as well).  As far as gameplay however, it's extremely fun.  People have told me the original doesn't have so many problems running, so I hope to find and play it someday.
  • Chaos Colosseum
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 09:18:17 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Gilded, I reccomend you to buy or "find" the first Deus Ex :P, sure, Invisible War is fun, but Deus Ex is just, great, IW is sorta dumbed down >_>, they even deleted the experience points D:

I </3 Sol
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 10:31:58 pm »
Best game ever, i played it a lot as a kid, and i was really hyped when IW was announced, but it pissed me off badly that there was no editor included <_<. DX was what first got me to start game development when i found its editor.
I have to say though that the orignal was a lot better than the second, they spent far to much time on the second doing unimportant things like graphics (which were slow as !@#$% to boot!)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 10:33:54 pm by Helios »

TP

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 11:17:51 am »
I am so happy. I just bought Deus Ex, Game of the Year edition NEW (YEP, NEW!!!) from Amazon.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 01:01:22 pm »
I've also the Game of the Year edition its a good game but to consider it one of the greatest games off all time is not right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 49 queries.

anything