Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] Twilight Puzzle  (Read 11970 times)

Re: [Demo] Twilight Puzzle
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 11:27:30 pm »
Looks good. Can't wait to play it. I still think you should make some kind of overworld from where you can access the various minigames.

BTW: did you also fix some background music and sound effects for the minigames already existing. Maybe it's better you finish those first before going to another.
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 06:50:17 am »
Music:
I dont really know what to add in the shooting gallery.
The shooting gallery musics in the zelda games is wierd o.o sounds like a circus :S
And i cant find the music for the menu in OoT. But im going to fix for guardian puzzle but i dont think anyone will play Guardian Puzzle (GP) when it got some more minigames :p

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 03:51:55 pm »
Make an overworld styled village or something. Play certain games to get points to access other games. I'm picturing a kind of "Battle Frontier" styled area that has almost everything you'd do in a regular Zelda game, minus the large quest.

>Boss Frenzy (Fight random bosses from various Zelda games)
>Survival Arena (Defeat an onslaught of enemies and live as long as possible)
>Guardian Puzzle (Test your logic and skill of movement)
>Sacred Meadow Maze (Don't get lost!)
>Scavenger Hunt (Find all the things on the list!)
>Hammer Jam (Whack-a-mole style game)
>Clux-De-Lux (Capture the cuccos!)
>Dungeon Masters (Make your way through a difficult dungeon in a limited amount of time!)

And separate from the games area...

>Info House (Info about the games arena)
>Trade Booth (Trade your points for stuff, like unlocking other games)

There's plenty of stuff you can add on, too.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 04:06:15 pm »
And call it something like Tingles Fun Time Island. Don't forget the various races, horse and Goron.

But LTGH, music is important. Without music and soundeffects a game is nowhere near fun. Oh and I like the circus music belonging to the shooting gallery  XD
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 07:34:24 pm »
I dont like the shooting gallery music becouse it doesnt sounds like a shooting gallery :S
I might just take a normal house soundtrack. :P And i will add effects.
BTW, The maze is done, now i just need to code everything so that the maze is playable :P
I think i can add a city but what about the menus i made? xD Took ages to make them :p

[Spoiler=WARNING! YOU WILL SEE THE ENTIRE MAZE BY CLICKING HERE]
The Maze - I edited a few tiles like the door, stair & bridge. I also made a water tile.

Its not that big but well, thats all for now and MAYBE i will make a second level. :o
[/Spoiler]
EDIT: Now uploaded with better quality (png insted of jpg)

>Boss Frenzy (Fight random bosses from various Zelda games)
To hard for me to program, im still learning. Have been using GM for about a week :O

>Survival Arena (Defeat an onslaught of enemies and live as long as possible)
I dont know :/ Maybe. It just sounds kind of boring.

>Guardian Puzzle (Test your logic and skill of movement)
Already ingame, but you know that :P

>Sacred Meadow Maze (Don't get lost!)
Already working on a maze, i think thats what your talking about. But its kinda impossible to get lost in it. The point is to complete it as fast as possible.

>Scavenger Hunt (Find all the things on the list!)
You mean like a maze with items hidden on serveral places? That would be to much like a normal maze.

>Hammer Jam (Whack-a-mole style game)
That will be including after adding music to the game and after im done with the maze.

>Clux-De-Lux (Capture the cuccos!)
lol, maybe.

>Dungeon Masters (Make your way through a difficult dungeon in a limited amount of time!)
Might be boring since im still not skilled enough to create awesome stuff like dungeon.

*New Version*
Twilight Puzzle - Alpha (Now with sound)

I attached the link i will use for the maze. As you can see, i just recoloured minish cap link.  ;) I will soon upload, rolling, jumping & attacking link.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:26:56 pm by LTGH »
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 10:09:06 pm »
New version released. (Look at post above)

Im trying to add a score system to my shooting gallery but i cant get the damn text to appear.
Code: Text
  1. global.Scorefont=font_add_sprite(sprFontNum,ord('0'),1,1)
  2. global.Rupees=10

Code: Text
  1. draw_set_font(global.Scorefont)
  2. draw_set_color(c_white)
  4. draw_text(32,12,global.Rupees)
  5. draw_sprite(sprBigRupee,0,8,8,)
Anyone know why it wont appear?
The code contain no errors.

I just found out that i was brain less when i made the menu so all parts of the menu is different rooms, i dont know why i made it that way so i will fix that and that will remove the "Menu song restart" issue that appears when you go backwards in the menu.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 10:51:07 am by LTGH »
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2009, 01:39:36 pm »
  • :3
I socked myself.... I actually didnt dislike the alpha :) keep on the good work
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 02:00:46 pm »
Thank you :)
I think im gonna release a version with high score today or tommorow.
That means that i have solved the Draw problem. All i need to do is adding a scoreboard :)
I will use a big rupee from FS as score icon and the rupee text font from PH as font.

I will use ZeldaTheSwordsman Bow + Arrow sprite for the arrows left counter so credits goes to him.
Would be good if someone could give me a good looking arrow sprite, not to small.

Let me proudly present you THE GAMING ISLAND! It is attached to this post.
People asked me to make a town from which you acces the minigames and here it is. Its just one part of the island.

This is based on ZelonionTown_v3 as you can see. The only things i keeped as it was, is the water & the water cliffs.  everything else is tottaly remade or edited.
Credits goes to
Hoffy
Calvein (Pine Trees)
.TakaM (Town Walls, Fort)
Aab (Tileset)
LTGH (Stone Stair, doors, West Gate, Workshop)

Everythings Usage:

South West house (small)
is where you go and check your records, will be pretty small, look like a library of some kind and a guy who you can talk with and ask for your records.

South West house (big)
Here you will be able to buy tickets to unlock new minigames with rupees that you win in the actual games, you will get your first one for free. Most of the games will not require you to turn in your ticket so you will be able to play them an infinite amout of time when others will require you to buy new tickets everytime you want to play it.

North West house (Blue)
The Shooting Gallery, inside it will be like a bar table where there is a guy on the other side, walk with him and you will show him your shooting gallery ticket and he will let you in for free.

North West house (Red)
That is suppost to be a secret but well, i tell you as much as possible.
It will be a locked house which you can not acces since the door is locked.
Now the question is "How do you get it?" Its very simple, just think for a moment.
Whats inside, im not going to tell anyone yet.

North East house
In the house you will talk with a guy, and he will take you to the forrest and ask you to help him killing creatures that pops up from the ground using a hammer.

East house
Thats where you start your adventure, you will not be able to enter the house, you will get the message "Your not allowed to enter this house when there's no boat here."

South East Stairs
Leads to an underground passage but i will not tell you what it is for yet.

Statue
This is where the guardian puzzle takes place, you will come to a dungeon looking room and from there you will play the guardian puzzle. This game requires no tickets at all but you get no reward either. The reason of this is becouse when a player solves the puzzle one time, they can do it over and over and complete it in under 10 seconds only 13 steps.

North Passage
Shows you the path to the Maze, wouldent it be wierd if the maze was in a house in the middle of a town since its huge and its outside?
Thats why i decided to have the maze on its own section of the island.

South Passage
Closed for secret reasons.

West Passage
Path closed. Will be opened as soon as the new area of The Gaming Island is done. May take a while.
Thanks! ~Tingle

North West Entrance to the wooden wall
Your only allowed to enter if you are a guard of The Gaming Island.
As far as i know, you can not be a guard of The Gaming Island.

I think i mentioned everything. :o
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:08:38 pm by LTGH »
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2009, 12:31:45 pm »
The town looks great, but won't it clash with the style of the maze. Your shooting gallery looks fine with this town though.

Maybe it's time to change the name of this topic to Zelda: Gaming Island or something?
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2009, 12:52:39 pm »
The games name is still Twilight Puzzle but i think im going to change it soon.
The thing is that "The Gaming Island" is just the name of the Island, im still not sure if im going to name the game the same.
And as for the maze, thats why its separated from this part of the island. Now im going to talk realistic. The island was created by the earth itself when the maze is created by people which makes it look different.
Or we can just say that its a beautiful backyard. :P

*The Gaming Island Preview 1*
Twilight Puzzle (The Gaming Island Preview)

Gaming House entrance room is done people.
Its attached below, tell me what you think :]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 04:44:52 pm by LTGH »
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 04:45:56 pm »
MAIN POST UPDATED!
Check it out, it contains all information you need, i think.
Tell me if i forgot to add something.
Thanks!

Edit: I uploaded the wrong version for the gaming island! it seems like everything is gone so i have to do the entire welcome dialogue again, i might upload it later today if i get it done.

Edit 2: Is there a way to somehow create a .gmk file out of the .exe file? Cus the version i uploaded is the right one but it starts with the wrong room and that way you wont have acces to the gaming island :<

Edit 3: I uploaded a temporary version of the gaming island.
http://filebeam.com/03f211d8b1f3d5cef173f1efc16a9272
as i just said, its TEMPORARY since i lost about 6 hours of work.
You can not enter the shooting gallery, you cant read the signs & the "Welcome to The Gaming Island" dialogue which contained over 10 rows of text & information is gone, but i might get it back if someone can answer my "Edit 2" question. Also, the camera starts at the wrong spot, another thing that got removed.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 07:48:00 pm by LTGH »

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 08:44:11 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
And as for the maze, thats why its separated from this part of the island. Now im going to talk realistic. The island was created by the earth itself when the maze is created by people which makes it look different.
Or we can just say that its a beautiful backyard. :P

There's a difference between beautiful backyard and style clash though >.>. MC and Lttp REALLY are not meant to be together no matter how much you recolor (now full out editing however is a different story as simply giving sprites outlines and changing the eyes can make an MC sprite Lttp-ish the same can't really be said too much for tile sets). Saying it was created by people is a cop out imo... at least the pallets should be the same if anything.

You have a great concept going that is, for once in this community, realistic, but great concepts can be lost to graphical poo (not saying yours is, I just wanted to use the word "poo" in a post  XD)
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 08:52:15 pm »
Okey, okey. Option 3, you take a boat on the north part of the island to another island which has a tottaly different style, that could actually make sense.
A real island and a "fake" island most likely wont have the same style.
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 10:55:54 pm »
It still clashes. Two different styles aren't meant to be used together. But keep up the good work.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2009, 12:18:44 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Okey, okey. Option 3, you take a boat on the north part of the island to another island which has a tottaly different style, that could actually make sense.
A real island and a "fake" island most likely wont have the same style.

This:
It still clashes. Two different styles aren't meant to be used together. But keep up the good work.

We understand you want like a "different realm" feel to the area but that's not done by changing to a completely different graphical style. Take Twilight Princess for example. To make the twilight realms they used an over saturated color scheme but the same graphical style (realistic). What your essentially doing is the equivalent of mixing Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 06:52:14 am »
I guess its just me but i think its fine with that.
Its not a big deal and when its on different places, you wont think of it that much.
Its wierd if i use both the graphical styles at the same place, but when its in tottaly different places it wont destroy so much.
And the graphical style i used for the maze fit in with the maze perfect. It would be almost impossible to make a maze that looks as good as it does now with another graphical style. :/
Sorry, but i dont think im going to change that.
But next time im going to remember to keep the LttP feeling, after all LttP is the best 2D game i have ever played.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2009, 12:39:07 pm »
LttP Lost Woods: Cruise control for maze. Why don't you just use that? I can get you some overlays that make it even more mystique like fog, wind, snow, etc...
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2009, 01:01:16 pm »
I might add fog on it since my plan is that have that maze as a separate island.
Thnx Joed! !:D

*The Gaming Island Preview ½*
Twilight Puzzle (The Gaming Island Preview ½)
I have remade almost everything all the information that got lost yesterday.
Now you can enter the shooting gallery house, you can talk with the guy inside, you can even play the shooting gallery, and hes dialogue is done.
Im still not done with some of the stuff thats why its called (Preview ½), becouse its half done.
For the next version i will add the guardian puzzle, i will redo the entire style of the guardian puzzle into cave. You will get a full welcome dialogue and possibly be able to read the signs. Im also hoping to release a new logo for the game and a new name for it ;-)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:48:01 pm by LTGH »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 71 queries.