Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Items TMC style  (Read 48840 times)

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: Zelda Items TMC style
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 08:13:36 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Expect an update very soon: I've replaced some sprites with more Minish Cap-y ones, plus I'm working on the 'separated-by-folders' version. That, and rearranging the sprites into a reasonable order.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: Zelda Series Items TMC style
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 08:03:52 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
UPDATE:
I've uploaded 3 of the games's sheets onto the site, ready for this new ZIP format. You like?
I promise, after I finish the ZIP-formatting, that I'll clean up the HUGE sheet. Enjoy. I got 12 more games to go, then a TXT file to summarize them all. This is why I need those screenshots that I requested, to announce those games as their Minish Cap counterparts. Wanna help? I got more requestables posted there.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 10:52:21 pm »
you have no idea how much I love your work! I saved the file to get a better look at them all up close, and I have to say, the pixel detail is really outstanding!

Some constructive criticism for your Skyward Sword items (I think so anyway, I tend to be bad with words and end up sounding rude)
The Amber and Dusk Relics for Skyward Sword look a little bit awkward. But I'm not sure how you could make them look better...
I'm guessing that orange plant thing under one of the bottled fairies is an attempt at a tumbleweed, why didn't you use the same base as you did for the evil crystal (which is perfect btw)? I can see it taking a lot of work, and loads of trial and error to make it perfect, but it probably would look a whole lot better.
The bomb flowers would probably look better if you tried to make them look more flower-like as they do in the game, but I don't really know...
The Gust Bellows'..um..reverse vaccuum..thing? Wind blower thing? THE TUBE THAT THE WIND COMES OUT OF!! (how do you explain that thing?) ....it should be a bit longer i guess...I don't really know...
The third to last item, I'm guessing that's a graditude crystal? Some of these are taking me a bit to figure out. So I'll just say that you should try to make it a bit more reconizable as what it's supposed to be and a few others as well.
Let's see, you forgot the Light fruit that helps you see the Sacred Tears in the Silent Realm. Koloktus, the boss of Ancient Cistern, his sword can be picked up and used against him.

I hope this helps!

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2012, 02:11:54 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Thanks for the critiques, Arrow! No, those points don't sound rude to me, and I get what you're saying. I got an official MC-style Bomb Flower already replacing the OoS-style Bomb Flower on the sheet ready. The Gust Bellows (Gust Jar remake, really...) can't really be improved much more without making the whole sprite non-TMC-style, but there could be a way... The "hose" would end up being only one or two pixels longer, really. The Light Fruit is in there. Right next to the green Tears of light, near the Dungeon Map and the Vessel of Light sprites. And no, the orange thing is the Life tree Seedling. I used the Jabber nut sprite as the base. The Tumble weed is in Row 7, Column 7. I gotta rework that, so it's not a final Tumbleweed (Kinda hard to sprite a bass of random twigs). The Massive Sword is there, too, but it doesn't look like the in-game item. I don't have Skyward Sword, so I don't know too much about how the individual items work. (I recently finished beating Twilight Princess, and got it Christmas 2011, so I had to update that section heavily...) I'll take a look at those and a few other things and try to make some improvements...
Keep also in mind that I'm coming out with a 7.1 soon, so I'll take any and all suggestions and critiques now. Thanks!

P.S.: How would you improve on the Gratitude Crystal sprite (Column 1, row 4 down)?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:48:34 am by Miles07 »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2012, 05:49:53 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Just be glad that I'm at home right now, able to sprite.

Updates:
Majora's Mask - Giant's Mask
Skyward Sword - Massive Sword, Amber Relic, Dusk Relic, Gust Bellows, Tumbleweed, Life Tree Fruit

I'll always post the big sheet for the development phase. The official "committed" version will be posted here. Enjoy. C+C, if you please.

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2012, 08:41:09 pm »
That's the tumbleweed? I thought it was the eldin ore! Which I would've criticize on, if it weren't for the fact that tiny brown patch that's there looks like it be hard to make...hm..But that wouldve been pointless since that's not the ore! Epic confusion! Btw, did you even make the Eldin Ore? I don't see it on there.

The Gust Bellows looks much better as do the Amber and Dusk Relics. Nice job on the Light Fruit and the Massive Sword too!

I'm not a spriter, so I couldn't tell you how to make the Graditude Crystal better, however, I can supply a picture (though you probably already have one) that you could use to try and make it look better.

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2012, 09:02:26 am »
MIles, of the Skyward Sword additions I have only one question. Why do the purple shields have horns to the side? Because in Skyward Sword they don't have those. Here is an image of all the shields in the game:

As you can see, the purple shields and the Hylian shield have a point on the top. The hylian shield looks also the same as the purple shield, with the exception of the print and it is a bit wider.
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2012, 06:22:43 pm »
Why do the purple shields have horns to the side? Because in Skyward Sword they don't have those.

He was using MC base sprite of the Mirror Shield for them. I've been studying what bases he's been using for a lot of these. I have no life, so I occupy my time with meaningless crap like staring at sprites for over 3 hours. Out of shear boredom. Complete. And utter. Boredom. No life!! So Sad!!

To Miles: I've noticed you haven't added the golden insects in from TP. Been wanting to say something, but didn't know how to put it into proper words with everything I wanted to say (which is a lot). Well anyway, I think I can understand why, as you'd have to make the bases for most of them. Actually the only one you wouldn't have to make a base for is the Butterfly as the Minish Cap has the Joy Butterfly.
Of course Skyward Sword also has bugs to catch. Though this time the Hornet would also have a base since you could use the bee for said base.

Here's the figurine form of the Joy Butterfly.

Link holding the Butterfly

And the joy butterfly itself

Google was being stupid and wouldn't let me find the sprite sheet for the Butterfly. I'll keep searching though. I only looked for about 2 minutes anyway. Wanted to get this posted quickly.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:24:49 pm by arrowriver »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2012, 04:38:34 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I didn't want to make the bugs, because I thought somebody else was going to do them. Also, yes it would seem weird for me to do them, because I would've made the bugs "item"-sized and not realistic-sized. As in, the bugs would be 16x16 pixels big, not a lot smaller, as would seem more reasonable (1x1, 2x2, 3x3 pixels max). That, AND I would have to make the bases for all of them from scratch (except for the bee and the butterfly).

As for the shields, I used the original sprite bases as well as I could. I know that that makes the Wooden and the iron Shields for Skyward Sword seem larger than the Sacred Shield. If you would prefer, I'll try to make them fit more using the shield bases (Wooden Shield would use the TMC Small Shield base, Iron Shield the FS1 Shield base)..?
I try to go for either a TMC-styled item, OR the next-best option: a stylized version of an official art piece of that item. I would rather use official sprites as references, but official art is also handy (I am seriously considering making a section for all the weaponry depicted in the aLttP SNES Nintendo Power Player's Guide - that stuff looks WAAY too good to not sprite!), so best send me in-game sprites or official art in order to help me sprite it better.

The Eldin Ore is on the sheet, right next to the Golden Skull. The Tumbleweed is two to the right of the Eldin Ore.

About the Joy Butterfly: I had actually once used the Joy Butterfly as the base for the Joy Pendant (TWW), but it failed horribly. I just used the resized picture of a real Joy Pendant for the base.
As for the Gratitude Crystal, it looks the exact same as the Spirit Tracks Star Fragment (but just a different color), so I used the same sprite base. I really can't find anything that would offer a better base for it, and nothing TMC-style.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:05:05 am by Miles07 »

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2012, 05:50:08 pm »
I would like to see them as item sized. Though, I also really don't like people being put through things they don't want to do...hm...what to do..what to do...screw it, do what you want.
Also, for the shield, I think you already made a good base for the Sacred Shield in the Twilight Princess Section. Right above the Fused Shadows, the 2nd Shield seems to make a good fit.

*speaking fast* That does not look like the Eldin Ore! O_o *end speaking fast* But then again...I've never played the Oracle Series. And I've noticed that's the same sprite as the Green thing in that section...which now I finally have a guess at what it is! Another type of Ore!! Perhaps you should put what each attempt is under the pic so that people don't have to guess so much. Just outta convenience. That's your choice though

*looking back and forth at the Spirit Tracks section for the Start Fragment* .........I don't see it...*looks again* I must be blind....*looks at purple thing* Is it that purple thing next to the Map and the Tear of Light?
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2012, 07:33:02 pm »
Arrow: the grabitude cracle can be found on the left side of the sheet next to the mitts. I think.

As for the sacred shield. I could see that the mirror shield was used as a base, which is fine. However in my opinion I think you should cut the harns to the side of the sprite. The other shields look fine to me.
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 09:13:07 pm »

Arrow: the grabitude cracle can be found on the left side of the sheet next to the mitts. I think.

I was talking about the Star Fragment in the Spirit Tracks Section actually.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 06:01:56 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Star Fragment: Row 3, column 4. I guess I'll rework that, too. *copies Gratitude Crystal art*

Also: it didn't take long to get those ALTTP extra art pieces done. I also am planning on adding in a lot of enemies' weapons, unless it would be better on another sheet. There are some great FS1 sprites like cool new shields and swords that would look great if Link were using them. I'll maybe make a Link sprite sheet using them, who knows.

UPDATE:

Changes:
Zelda 1: Mighty Boomerang got a facelift ( = Oracle Magic Boomerang)
ALTTP: Added 100-Rupee and 300-Rupee (as per official art)
OoT: Deku Nut got an upgrade, both pickup and inventory forms (also MM); also Bomb Flower (overall)
Oracles: Strange Flute Partner icons got upgraded (sorry, Dimitri! I butchered it!)
FS1: Broken Seal Four Sword now a TMC Four Sword; also a TMC Four Sword for Four Sword icon
FSA: Four Sword Trophy now has 3 frames for Fully Powered animation
ST: Star Fragment ( = SwS Gratitude Crystal) using FSA sprite bases instead of LADX base; also Sacred Shield &c horns removed. Better now?

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 07:17:03 pm »
you know, I like the art for the star fragment a lot better. And your telling me...THAT STUPID PLANT WAS THE STAR FRAGMENT!?! AND that plant in the Skyward Sword Section was the Graditude Crystal!?! THEN WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING IN COLUMN 6 ROW 9?!!? A BOSS KEY?! Damnit...I apparently don't know what's what on your sheet.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2012, 02:38:05 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Columns 6 Row 9? Bounds error. Skyward Sword section has 7 rows and 34 columns.
I don't like the way the Sacred Shields look now. I got an idea... BRB.

EDIT: I have returned. Update:

Updated:
Skyward Sword: Jelly Blob, Tumbleweed, Sacred Shield &c, Stamina Fruit.

If there's anything else I need to change, now is the time to say. I'll commit the changes to the site as soon as I get the go-ahead from your critiquers (critics).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:41:29 am by Miles07 »

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2012, 01:47:40 am »
I got it backwards didn't I? Eh, happens. Column 9 Row 6 then.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2012, 06:07:13 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Measuring from top-left corner: Col 9, Row 6: Rupee Medal.
Underneath the Red Tear of Light, above the Ancient Flower, right of the Large Quiver, left of the Life Medal. I used the official art for that, so it's not wrong at all.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:10:37 am by Miles07 »

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2012, 10:13:14 pm »
I just thought of something...have you ever thought about making Ghirahim's Sword Form?
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2012, 03:21:48 pm »
You know, I'm having fun editing your items using PAINT (crappiest thing there is). Not gonna post my edits online, whenever I do post something after using paint, it ends up scrambled and crappy looking. Well, I only used photobucket for that. Probably should try something else I guess.
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2012, 05:11:39 pm »
Something else I thought of

You did a really good job with the jelly blob for Skyward Sword. Why don't you use that same base for  Twilight princess and Windwaker. (Also, you don't have the Purple Chuchu Jelly for TP)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 75 queries.

anything