Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Approved] Forestos  (Read 7225 times)

[Approved] Forestos
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:54:13 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Name: Forestos
HP: 6

Description: It's a big green eagle, and it is said to be able to make forest grow, or burn them in a second. The seekers of power want their feathers, the ones to be said to grant the ability to fly to anyone who touch them.

Attacks:

Peck dive- 1.5 damage to player, plus stunning. Wave hit, 0.25 damage to player
Forestos shadow will be seen at the center of the battle field, and will be getting smaller, the higher it gets. After getting very little, the shadow will be going over Link, getting bigger, and at a moment, it will stop and finally dive with its peck. If hit, also gets stunned. If not hits, but the wave hits player, Link takes damage. This attack can only be performed when Forestos has 2 HP or less.

Burning tree- seed: stunning. Touch tree, 0.5
Forestos will spit a couple of seeds, that if hit player, it will get stunned in the place the seed hit the floor. After a little time, the seed will turn into a tree, and after a bit more time, it will burn.

Eagle ram- 0.25 damage to player
Forestos will dive into the ground, and if the player is hit, will get damage. After ramming into the ground, Forestos will get stunned for 3 seconds

Battle Flowing:

At the beginning, Link will see Forestos shadow flying around, and time to time will go down to make Eagle ram. To stop this, and begin the battle, Link will have to grab to Forestos wing with the hookshot when it's stunned. From time to time, he will spit a seed, a tree will grow and will keep standing there, spiting some other seeds. When the seeds grow and become trees, the player must quickly get over the tree, to hookshot Forestos, and get close to it and attack him, all this before the trees begin burning. After getting 2HP, or less, Forestos will go to the center of the field, and will go very high (you must guide yourself because of its shadow), and then his shadow will go over Link, and he will dive over him.

I'd be adding a sprite later, but I suck at spriting, so this will take time.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:39:05 pm by BlazeBigBang »
Re: [SUBMISSION] Forestos
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 10:44:36 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Aww, man, why does anyone post? Don't you like the idea? If it's that I will make it better.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 11:21:28 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Honestly, there's a lot here that I don't understand what you mean, so I was waiting until the bosses became more pressing to worry about it! :p

So there's a couple sentences that downright make no sense to me:

Forestos will spit a couple of seeds, that if hit player, it will get stunned in the place the seed hit the floor.

Link will see Forestos shadow flying around, and time to time will go down to make Eagle ram.

...a tree will grow and will keep standing there, spiting some other seeds. When the seeds grow and become trees, the player must quickly get over the tree, to hookshot Forestos, and get close to it and attack him, all this before the trees begin burning.

I sincerely apologize if English isn't your first language, because I am notoriously bad at understanding people. I've actually offended people a few times because they thought I was making fun of them, but I'm just really bad at understanding things :p
Maybe look out for pronouns. You use words like he and it in a way that's confusing for me XD

So, here's what I think I understand:

At the beginning of the battle, Forestos is flying high above the battlefield, and you can only make out his shadow. And he'll dive down to attack Link occasionally. Link can't damage him yet, until Link uses the hookshot to hit Forestos Wing, which for some reason makes statues appear? Then I'm a bit confused, there are statues hanging on a rope which you have to cut down with the boomerang, and Forestos flys straight into these and hurts himself, then spits seeds which catch the whole arena on fire unless you do something to the tree?

I like the idea of a bird enemy, especially a guardian of the forest type thing. Because it's like Link passing a challenge to get the cog rather than just killing a monster.

With that said, I'm not sure how many of his abilities will work. I get the diving, but the guided wing attack...  I don't understand. And the hanging statues, I really can't understand how those would work in a 2D game. How were you picturing that? I want the boomerang to cut things down, but how do you want to make that work?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 01:13:03 am »
  • It's the grineer
I sincerely apologize if English isn't your first language, because I am notoriously bad at understanding people. I've actually offended people a few times because they thought I was making fun of them, but I'm just really bad at understanding things :p
Maybe look out for pronouns. You use words like he and it in a way that's confusing for me XD

Right in the spot. I try to make people understand my english, is just that it's hard to me.

Ok, so to change a bit the things, check this one:
At the beginning of the battle, Forestos will dive into the ground, and hit himself into the ground, although he doesn't get damaged, but he becomes stunned. So, maybe, to change it a bit and make it better, Link will have to use the boomerang on his head to make him don't see well. After that, Forestos will be flying around the field, but moch lower, so that way Link will have to hookshot Forestos and take him down, and then attack. Eliminate the Wing guided attack.

About the tree thing, Forestos will spit seeds, and Link will have to stand in the spot the seed touched the ground, so that way, when the tree grows, Link will be standing on the little tree, and then he will have to use the hookshot to take Forestos down. If he doesn't do it in the right time, the trees will burn and Link will get hurt.

For finishing, Forestos will go flying high again, but this time, his shadow will be going up on the center of the field, and will dive in a spiral, making a tornado (for the tornado cog).

Sorry for my bad speaking, again :(. Please, understnad that this is difficult to me. And you didn't offend me Max, it's OK. Oh, and here's a sketch

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 04:53:30 am »
  • I can think of many things for anything.

Right in the spot. I try to make people understand my english, is just that it's hard to me.

Ok, so to change a bit the things, check this one:
At the beginning of the battle, Forestos will dive into the ground, and hit himself into the ground, although he doesn't get damaged, but he becomes stunned. So, maybe, to change it a bit and make it better, Link will have to use the boomerang on his head to make him don't see well. After that, Forestos will be flying around the field, but moch lower, so that way Link will have to hookshot Forestos and take him down, and then attack. Eliminate the Wing guided attack.

About the tree thing, Forestos will spit seeds, and Link will have to stand in the spot the seed touched the ground, so that way, when the tree grows, Link will be standing on the little tree, and then he will have to use the hookshot to take Forestos down. If he doesn't do it in the right time, the trees will burn and Link will get hurt.

For finishing, Forestos will go flying high again, but this time, his shadow will be going up on the center of the field, and will dive in a spiral, making a tornado (for the tornado cog).

Sorry for my bad speaking, again :(. Please, understnad that this is difficult to me. And you didn't offend me Max, it's OK. Oh, and here's a sketch

That sounds much better. Seems like a really risky boss.
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 02:12:55 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Dude, you can't help your level of English, so thanks for working with me when I fail to understand my own first language :p

I understand a lot better now. Think he's a pretty alright boss, although we'd have to see how frustrating trying to hookshot to him from a tree before it caught fire would turn out to be. So, when you hookshotted him, would you be carried to his back to attack him like some of the bosses in TP? (the dragon from the city in the sky and a water serpent dragon thing from a water temple).
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 10:43:37 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Dude, you can't help your level of English, so thanks for working with me when I fail to understand my own first language :p

Actually, I'm on the high level of english in my shcool (XD), so I should be the one to be sorry because you didn't understand.

...although we'd have to see how frustrating trying to hookshot to him from a tree before it caught fire would turn out to be. So, when you hookshotted him, would you be carried to his back to attack him like some of the bosses in TP? (the dragon from the city in the sky and a water serpent dragon thing from a water temple).

Well, it'd be five seconds before it burns, you know, to give time to the player to hookshot him. If you mean with TP to Twilight Princess, I hadn't played it. But I thought that maybe, a button sequence for Link to strike him with his sword? If not, maybe he will have to "climb" over Forestos, to hit him.
Re: [Approved] Forestos
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 03:15:45 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Alright, Blaze, we're accepting this to get things rolling.  Just want to clarify some things.  Let us know if this is what you were thinking.  I've made a few small changes here and there.

1. Forestos will fly around out of Link's range but will on occasion dive bomb and get stuck in the ground. Link thwacks him in the face with the boomerang to damage his vision.

2. Forestos will now fly lower due to his damaged vision.  He'll spit seeds at Link to try and trap him in a tree.  However, Link will use the tree instead to get in range with the hookshot. You'll have 5 seconds for the tree to grow and then another 10 before it burns up.  The hookshot will bring link to him for sword attacks.  I think we're gonna have to also perch him somewhere stationary like on a tree, otherwise it would be weird using the hookshot.

So something like...fly around, land on a tree, spit seeds and wait some time for trees to grow and such.  We should also make it apparent that these trees are infected with the fungus infecting the swamp.

3.  Forestos recovers his vision and flys high again.  He will now dive bomb the center of the area, creating a shockwave.  Link must climb a wall prior to him landing to avoid the shockwave.  He can then come down and use the hookshot to latch onto Forestos before he flys off again. 

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 04:41:40 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Just something little that I thought of looking over this again: it'd possibly make more sense for the seeds to grow into mushrooms, since 1) that's what's infecting the forest, and 2) thy make more sense to be able to stand on.

And then perching in the trees is a great idea. If he's just been hit in the head, he's a little wobbly and is just flitting from tree to tree while he regains his strength.

Also, Forestos is like Asbestos, which is a hilarious thing I just realized :D

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 05:03:41 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Mushrooms do not grow from seeds, so if we want to keep the mushroom idea, it would make more sense to turn the seeds into spores.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 05:30:50 pm »
Also, Forestos is like Asbestos, which is a hilarious thing I just realized

LOL

Mushrooms are cool, but like Ash said, we should use spores instead of seeds.  But this also kills the projectile aspect.  Maybe it could be a hard shell that explodes into spores upon impact?

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 04:08:35 am »
  • It's just Max.
Yeah, I did notice that, and I figured we'd just change "seeds" to "spores" and keep them as a projectile. I didn't actually understand if the seed/spores are an attack, or just a projectile. Blaze specified that Forestos spits seeds, but as a projectile attack, or just spits them and they grow into trees that catch fire? I kinda assumed that he shoots them as an attack, in which case having a hard shell that explodes into spores makes sense, like a puffball if you're familiar with that kind of fungus. We should specify its range.

Another modification that might fit better with the poison/fungus theme is having them kinda implode into a haze of poison, instead of spontaneously combusting.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 11:16:53 am »
  • Idk
I'm a bit late to the party yo :P I was just thinking, is there any art on how this boss will look like? 'Cause when I read about it I imagine myself a undead type of bird, you know, made out of old trees and branches and shrooms growing on it's back/wings.
This might be an idea;

But not that grotesque, more like "forest-possesd-by-a-giant-bird-soul" :P
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 04:07:11 pm »
There isn't anything as far as I know, so feel free to whip up something and submit it :P

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 10:47:20 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I love it, Sinkin! Make it happen!

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 08:15:26 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
MAKE IT HAPPEN
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 01:07:10 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Yeah, sorry for not answering in such a long time  XD

Pretty much what MG said, but this is already approved, so whatever
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 02:08:35 am »
  • It's just Max.
So, it looks like over the past two years, the story has evolved a little so this doesn't fit very well anymore. We now have some sort of creature that releases spores and grows fungal shoots up far away causing the problems in the forest and swamp, and I don't think that fits with an eagle that can grow and spontaneously combust little trees.

I don't like the whimsy of rejecting an already-accepted submission, but I think the story has grown independently to the point where this boss won't work anymore. I think I'll try and port some of the mechanics of this battle to a fungus-based boss to fit better, unless someone else has something to say?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 74 queries.