Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ganon's Balcony  (Read 5286 times)

Ganon's Balcony
« on: November 17, 2013, 04:55:00 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Dunno if we should put this in a locations topic or a concept art topic, I put it here because it doesn't give enough information to tile from, so locations doesn't make as much sense to me.

Link meets with Ganon here often, between most dungeons. After the Shiekah dungeon, Link and Ganon fight a Shiekah warrior here, and Ganon's true identity is revealed. It's a pretty plot-relevant location, so I thought we'd get some ideas for it going.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
Re: Ganon's Balcony
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 06:14:35 pm »
  • Idk
Looks good! But I'd like to see some more "royalty", maybe some statues or more flags :)
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 07:29:20 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Looks good! But I'd like to see some more "royalty", maybe some statues or more flags :)

Same here. A couple of torches hanging on the walls would be nice. According to the perspective of the game, the floor is seen, so a red carpet with a symbol would be "royal" enough, I guess.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 12:14:55 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
so a red carpet with a symbol would be "royal" enough, I guess.

Pheonix + triforce symbol?  I think that would suffice :)

This looks really nice.  Could we possibly get a sketch of the outside of the castle with this taken into consideration?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 03:25:57 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
This is still really cool even without the suggestions above! Nice job!
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 04:13:15 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Thanks, guys! All good ideas, statues, torches, and there will definitely be a symbol in the balcony, Blaze. This perspective didn't really allow for that, but the game's perspective will, so that'll be there. Thanks for the feedback, 'yall.

Steve, I'll try and get some ideas for the entire castle coming up this week. I think the thing about the castle is that the area around it is pretty important, like what part of the castle intersects with what part of the town- because Link will need to access the castle from different points in order to sneak in different ways. I.E., he goes in through the front door, but that gets guards posted, so he'll have to climb in one place, but they'll put guards over that entrance, so he'll need a new item to get in another way, etc..

So what I'm thinking is that I might just go ahead and sometime this week design the castle along with parts of the town, which will be good, then we can have a skeleton for what's in the town and we can fill in the gaps. We can really shove as much as we want into the town since they live pretty densely, and the more stuff going on in town, the more immersive and fun it'll be.
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 08:07:34 am »
  • It's just Max.
Some more ideas for the balcony:

Probably looking at the bottom right idea, getting a roundish balcony while still having the corner, I think that works best. Little sketch of some castle idea bottom right, gotta figure that out next, then place the balcony in context, then figure out how climbing all over the castle will work. Might need to be more horizontal than vertical.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 06:39:41 pm »
  • Idk
The one top right is a really good example on how I would love to see it done. Good sketches Max :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 50 queries.

anything