Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: [Cancelled] Zelda Online 3D  (Read 30846 times)

Re: [Pre] Zelda Online 3D
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2007, 02:01:33 am »
Nice project, I'm looking forward of testing the first demo. :D
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2007, 02:33:22 am »
Be sure to come up with some awards that require teamwork.
Maybe have an option to use fairies/healing items on other players. And if you heal them so many times, you earn yourself an award.

BTW, for cel-shaded-like black outlines, draw the same link model with the same x,y,z values except streched bigger. And have it drawn in solid black color, but only visible from the inside of the model. Meaning the outside has no real "texture".

That produces a perfect cel-shaded-like outline. :)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2007, 05:38:08 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Link and Red Link meet face to face

So which ones link and which ones red link? XD j/p

anyway, lol lookin good so far :P
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2007, 04:44:03 pm »
What all types of sword techniques can you do right now? Is it just basic horizontal and vertical slashes? Also will there be more then one player on the demo?
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2007, 08:05:03 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Right now its only horizontal. Vertical didn't work the way I wanted it to. I will be adding straight stabbing before the demo though (press slash button and arrow key at generally the same time). And no, the demo will be single player. But once I have a general engine I'll be adding multiplayer.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2007, 08:17:21 pm »
homebrew 3d zelda? no.
+ morpg? oh please
not going to happen

good luck though and feel free to prove me wrong

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2007, 08:19:42 pm »
homebrew 3d zelda? no.
+ morpg? oh please
not going to happen

He's proved enough to show he's not just all talk. GTFO this topic with your negative attitude.
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2007, 08:27:49 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Homebrew 3D Zelda: Why is this anymore farfetched than a Homebrew 2D Zelda? If anything its easier. I use Unity, you should check it out. Plus, I already have posted screens that prove, as Drilly put it, I'm not all talk.

MORPG: Technically its not an RPG. And why is this really a complication when there's no single player?

Honestly, trust me. Stop being negative and join the angry bandwagon of rabid fans. :P
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2007, 08:36:48 pm »
homebrew 3d zelda? no.
+ morpg? oh please
not going to happen

He's proved enough to show he's not just all talk. GTFO this topic with your negative attitude.
I still kind of doubt it. I mean, it looks cool, but it's still so basic, and so offline... plus, it's a big job. You can't say it isn't. Even with Unity. You don't even know how the network functions work. And then theres the mass Windows/Linux users on this forum that will have to play it in a web browser. I can't even play it, since Unity doesn't run fast for me. It crawled at the snowman game on your Unity Arcade. Plus you'll have to get deticated servers. And then there's the update thing. You'll need to redownload the whole client, and since it's not standalone, it'll be like downloading the same game all over again. Unless Unity has some updating feature, that'll be a pain. But, you know, you should be able to pull it off. Look at Club Penguin. Not the best example, since it's a kids game, but it's online, and they're making 5 bucks person. And I bet that there's atleast 2000 people that play. Maybe even more, but 5 * 2000 = 10,000 dollars. I don't know how you'll be able to charge money, though, but the point is that, if Club Penguin is a success, your game can. Especially if it's more than a cheap chatting game.
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2007, 08:47:23 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
I do actually know a bit about how networking works. I won't need a dedicated server. Unity Tech provides a "Master Server" for matching games, and then one person becomes the host, and the others become clients, ditching a server completely. The Snowman game is a bad example of how Unity games run for you, because it was made in Unity 1.x which doesn't support DirectX. What do you exactly mean by "The Update Thing"? I don't exactly understand. Also, I won't be charging for this. Its a freakin' fangame. You CANT charge for fangames. :P
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2007, 09:09:05 pm »
I do actually know a bit about how networking works. I won't need a dedicated server. Unity Tech provides a "Master Server" for matching games, and then one person becomes the host, and the others become clients, ditching a server completely.
Ech, that sounds even worse. Its unloading all the server logic onto a game client that still has to update its own game, which would probably cause enough slowdown to near-break it at anything above a handfull of players.
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2007, 09:15:51 pm »
The update thing. Obviously if it's online, you'll add more content, or how your game seems to work, dungeons, missions, scenarios, ect? So, when these are added, do we have to redownload the game to the cache? Or will it seek new data and download it?
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2007, 09:46:12 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Infinitus: Of course, you can use your own server. But thats not really an issue here, seeing as this game only has 4 people playing at a time anyways, is it now?

BlueMonkey: Its just like any webpage. When I upload new content, its there the next time you load the page. :P How do you think I've been doing updates to Sky Sky Panic 3D?

And, just so you guys can see that using Unity's networking isn't an impossible dream,

http://lastbastiongames.com/CastlesGame.html

Play Castles with some people online. Its quite fun, and it was made by a member of the Unity Community (not an admin).
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2007, 11:16:30 pm »
Infinitus: Of course, you can use your own server. But thats not really an issue here, seeing as this game only has 4 people playing at a time anyways, is it now?
I don't think you understand what I meant. Anyway dosen't matter, I think I probably got the wrong end of the line somewhere >.<. My bad.
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2007, 12:08:59 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Ookay then. I'll just ignore that. :P Anyways, fixing text engine as soon as I finish my homework. ;)
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2007, 09:15:43 pm »
I do actually know a bit about how networking works. I won't need a dedicated server. Unity Tech provides a "Master Server" for matching games, and then one person becomes the host, and the others become clients, ditching a server completely.
Ech, that sounds even worse. Its unloading all the server logic onto a game client that still has to update its own game, which would probably cause enough slowdown to near-break it at anything above a handfull of players.

nah
its the best way, keeps it simple
and the more believable
however a relay server that handles unique IDs and such is what i would be doing
id still let a hosting client do some dirty work, but i think having a relay server helps alot
and it also helps when youre going to create anti cheating mechanisms
anyways, this is just me... and if the circumstances were different, ie. i was going all out
of course i would be making a stdalone server with SSH console :)
(then again ive written many consoles with and without secure sockets.. its no big deal for me)
its overkill.. only network freaks like me do it for fun..  >:D

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2007, 09:30:00 pm »

BlueMonkey: Its just like any webpage. When I upload new content, its there the next time you load the page. :P How do you think I've been doing updates to Sky Sky Panic 3D?

And, just so you guys can see that using Unity's networking isn't an impossible dream,

http://lastbastiongames.com/CastlesGame.html

Play Castles with some people online. Its quite fun, and it was made by a member of the Unity Community (not an admin).
Hmm, that took forever to load. You gonna make us have to do that every time you make a small update?
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2007, 09:40:16 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Jesus, get a new internets Monkey. It takes less than a minute.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2007, 09:45:04 pm »
Jesus, get a new internets Monkey. It takes less than a minute.

It took me a while to load...

Although I was downloading loads of !@#$%...
And I did have my laptop, psp, and ds online all at once...
And my computers not the powerfulist machine ever....

So I'm a very bad example...

(And I swear my modems near death)
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2007, 09:48:30 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Alright. I can easily make it a streaming web player as well, which will let you play as soon as the first scene is loaded.

Today: Made the text box and text inside scale up with your screen res. n_n
  • Lionfish Apps
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 77 queries.