Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEMO]The Legend Of Zelda: Scepter Of Distortion  (Read 23774 times)

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Scepter Of Distortion
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 09:36:41 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I'd be happy for you to do the sprites if you like.

Ok, I'll put that on my list. Just know that I do have a few other things to do first, but I will definitely do those for you. ^_^

FrozenFire: I don't suppose you know where link charging and walking sprites are?

Probably in the same sprite sheet as the walking with the bow. How about this, I will fix you up a sheet with Link walking with the bow and with Link walking with a charged sword. I will probably be able to start on it in a couple weeks. so, I can do that as long as you don't need them right away for your next demo or something.

you should go with WASD for movement and the arrow keys for and space/shift for other stuff.

I think he said that he'd get around to fixing up the controls later. The ones in the game are temporary. Or maybe you just meant for the next demo it would be nice to have different controls?
  • My Music
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 11:39:11 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
I'd be happy for you to do the sprites if you like.

Ok, I'll put that on my list. Just know that I do have a few other things to do first, but I will definitely do those for you. ^_^

FrozenFire: I don't suppose you know where link charging and walking sprites are?

Probably in the same sprite sheet as the walking with the bow. How about this, I will fix you up a sheet with Link walking with the bow and with Link walking with a charged sword. I will probably be able to start on it in a couple weeks. so, I can do that as long as you don't need them right away for your next demo or something.

you should go with WASD for movement and the arrow keys for and space/shift for other stuff.

I think he said that he'd get around to fixing up the controls later. The ones in the game are temporary. Or maybe you just meant for the next demo it would be nice to have different controls?

No problem, I can wait. Thanks!

Yeah the controls are still being discussed on our forum. I have recoded the whole sword attacking and now it is much faster and is more efficent than the last time. I'm still currently going through all your suggestions.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 11:42:22 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Why not simply let the player map the controls? Like... first and foremost when you create a new file. Kind of like how creating a new file in most modern zelda games prompts the user to select message speed and brightness of the screen.
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 12:52:03 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Why not simply let the player map the controls? Like... first and foremost when you create a new file. Kind of like how creating a new file in most modern zelda games prompts the user to select message speed and brightness of the screen.
Okay, yeah sure. Custom controls is it. What other settings would you like to have control over?
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 04:29:13 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

Alright, I've officially added it to my project list.  XD

Also...
Okay, yeah sure. Custom controls is it.
Yay for custom controls! ^_^

I can't think of anything else that I would want to have customizable... hmm, maybe I'll think of something later.
  • My Music
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 06:46:31 am »
  • Team Dekunutz

Alright, I've officially added it to my project list.  XD

Also...
Okay, yeah sure. Custom controls is it.
Yay for custom controls! ^_^

I can't think of anything else that I would want to have customizable... hmm, maybe I'll think of something later.
Okay, I believe I have fixed all your bugs/suggestions (or i'm very close), do you want to test it? Or will I just add new things?
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 07:01:22 am »
Hmm, just add some new things, or if you want to release it as some tech demo.
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 07:10:34 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Hmm, just add some new things, or if you want to release it as some tech demo.
I've got an enemy and things, with some more effects etc.

How long in 'our time' do you think day/night should last?
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 10:28:24 am »
In OOT and TWW it is 5 to 7 minutes I think.
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009, 11:00:05 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
In OOT and TWW it is 5 to 7 minutes I think.
Cool, done. Anything else you can think of I should add/change? I've done the rest.
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2009, 11:02:57 am »
I noticed that the ledge jumping from cliffs wasn't implemented in the previous demo. I don't know if you're planning on doing that.
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2009, 11:37:31 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
I noticed that the ledge jumping from cliffs wasn't implemented in the previous demo. I don't know if you're planning on doing that.
Good point, i'll get on that. Any jumping sprites around?
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 12:03:03 pm »
I'm really impressed by the detail you put in at places. Like how you see two groups of dustclouds when rolling down, but three when rolling left or right. One can argue about wether or not this should be the same for all directions, but I personally am impressed that you took the time go into detail like that. Not everybody has the needed attentionspan for those thing, by far.

There are three thing I'd like to note:
1) The screen changing size isn't al that great, but it works. Try and get every area the same size. A suggestion for inside might be to also show the outside a little to fill up space. And by outside, I mean an imitation of the outside with just tiles to save yourself a lot of trouble. Well, don't let this one bother you too much. It's something to think about for the long run.

2) The collisions inside don't look right and I wasn't able to push the downwards wall etc. Maybe someone meantioned something already. I haven't read the whole topic, but it looks like Frozenfire already made some post so I guess you're already aware of this kind of stuff. Somehow the outside collisions seemed fine but I haven't really tested it.

3) The arrows you shoot should dissappear. Maybe give each arrow object a counter variable that diminishes by 1 each step. After x steps the arrow can slowly fade away. This IS important because you now seem to be able to create an indefinate amount of objects. A heated fight with your bow might leave a room filled with arrows, slowing down the game. Another thing you could do is max the amount of arrows in the game by only showing the last x arrows at one time. I personally wouldn't advise it because then you'd also need to consider deactivated arrow objects in some way.
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 12:10:55 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
I'm really impressed by the detail you put in at places. Like how you see two groups of dustclouds when rolling down, but three when rolling left or right. One can argue about wether or not this should be the same for all directions, but I personally am impressed that you took the time go into detail like that. Not everybody has the needed attentionspan for those thing, by far.

There are three thing I'd like to note:
1) The screen changing size isn't al that great, but it works. Try and get every area the same size. A suggestion for inside might be to also show the outside a little to fill up space. And by outside, I mean an imitation of the outside with just tiles to save yourself a lot of trouble. Well, don't let this one bother you too much. It's something to think about for the long run.

2) The collisions inside don't look right and I wasn't able to push the downwards wall etc. Maybe someone meantioned something already. I haven't read the whole topic, but it looks like Frozenfire already made some post so I guess you're already aware of this kind of stuff. Somehow the outside collisions seemed fine but I haven't really tested it.

3) The arrows you shoot should dissappear. Maybe give each arrow object a counter variable that diminishes by 1 each step. After x steps the arrow can slowly fade away. This IS important because you now seem to be able to create an indefinate amount of objects. A heated fight with your bow might leave a room filled with arrows, slowing down the game. Another thing you could do is max the amount of arrows in the game by only showing the last x arrows at one time. I personally wouldn't advise it because then you'd also need to consider deactivated arrow objects in some way.

Thank you about the detail, that is really important to us.

1) I have actually just fixed the screen size issue. =D I made all the rooms the same size and just used a background colour for smaller rooms than the view size.

2) Yes, that is a work in progress.

3) When the arrow collides with the wall it destroys itself and then draws it onto a surface. Saving the amount of objects in the room to reduce lag also; and there will be a limit on how many arrows you have too. I also just had a go at making the arrows not stick so far out from the places it collides (like it sometimes does), instead now I have it to the arrow goes right into the wall which isn't right either. But yet again, working on it.

Thanks for the comments.
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 12:12:49 pm »
You could use views. It would fix your room size problems.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 03:16:01 pm »
Good point, i'll get on that. Any jumping sprites around?

http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33454.330
About halfway on this page are 3 links linking to al kinds of sprites in alttp an minish cap style. There were some jumping animation among those if I'm not mistaking.
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 03:43:54 pm »
You wouldn't happen to have link walking with the bow sprites. would you?

TSR has the sprites. Here is the link to the sprite sheet:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/lozminish/sheet/6369
It's the 5th row from the top. I know the actual bow is missing (looks like Link is holding air), so you'd have to insert the bow yourself. Or, if you don't want to do it yourself and if you aren't in a hurry, I could insert the bow for you and post the sprites here. But first I have another set of sprites that I'm working on for Martijn dh. I'll be glad to help if you need that done though.

The same sheet, but the 28th row with Links. It has the jumping sprites.
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2009, 10:18:59 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
You could use views. It would fix your room size problems.
Yeah, I have. Thanks.
And I have found the jumping sprites, does anyone know where I can find the night sounds? Like the owls etc
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 11:08:45 pm by Cypras »
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 12:53:28 am »
Like real owl SFX?
Or video-game induced...
These are mostly real, only owls:
http://alandp0.tripod.com/owls/index.html

You might want to compile a wav together making them all mix into one, assuming you already have the crickets, etc.

Also, I could rip OOT's outdoor insects and the sounds they play there, the birds, etc..
Such as the bridge area transitioning between Kokiri forest and Hyrule.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 01:07:04 am by Drew200 »
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 01:10:11 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Like real owl SFX?
Or video-game induced...
These are mostly real, only owls:
http://alandp0.tripod.com/owls/index.html

You might want to compile a wav together making them all mix into one, assuming you already have the crickets, etc.

Also, I could rip OOT's outdoor insects and the sounds they play there, the birds, etc..
Such as the bridge area transitioning between Kokiri forest and Hyrule.

Are you able to rip the outdoor night sounds? Like the insects/owls etc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 78 queries.

anything