Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Idea] News Articles  (Read 2404 times)

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
[Idea] News Articles
« on: November 19, 2008, 10:53:09 pm »
  • The Mike
I find that when looking looking at some of the shorter articles, there's barely anything there. Why not include the image from the article on the News page into the Article kinda like Zentendo. I dunno, the news articles just seem a bit too boring with no images.

Also, possibly when a featured game is on the Weekly, you could include a logo for that project, a screenshot, or both just to get a quick look from there. I guess the avatar of a person who posted the article could be put up as well and for the comments too.

• Zelda Eternity
Re: [Idea] News Articles
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 10:56:14 pm »
Feel like being a writer? :P

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 10:58:36 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
This is actually what I was gonna bring to the table with the weekly. I was gonna try to get images into articles and possibly do them in PDF and HTML format.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 11:02:04 pm »
  • The Mike
Not really. Just giving an idea is all.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 11:03:36 pm »
Not really. Just giving an idea is all.
Owh :(. We need more.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 11:03:45 pm »
I was thinking of ideas as well involving bringing back in some form the Know Your ZFGCer, moving all of Hoffy's existing reviews to the News board, separating the Featured Project from the Weekly so that it could be focused on and wouldn't have the clutter of anything else, etc.  Not really sure about that last idea, the point is to make things beefed up comfortably.

You've actually contributed a lot to the Weekly itself already with your banners and whatnot, so having you on the team would be welcomed if you are interested.  You wouldn't really have to write anything, but you could help out where you could - such as making images for the preview on the site index, creating more banners, etc.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 11:15:04 pm »
  • The Mike
You've actually contributed a lot to the Weekly itself already with your banners and whatnot, so having you on the team would be welcomed if you are interested.  You wouldn't really have to write anything, but you could help out where you could - such as making images for the preview on the site index, creating more banners, etc.
I did have an idea for making little headers for the categories for the Weekly which would reduce the amount of text a lot. Zidane didn't like it and he's apart of the Weekly so yeah. If it was done, I don't know how it would work with the themes and coding unless there's a way for it to work out without having to have one theme's category images on the wrong theme. Sure, I'll help with images and stuff and if there is anything worth writing, I'd let you know.

EDIT: Another idea, lol. Maybe under "Community" or "Home" there could be a "Weekly" link where you can check out the articles. I know you can do that by just going through the news but it's just an idea if people don't want to keep going from page to page. People could easily find which article they'd want to look at.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:19:29 pm by Yubel »

• Zelda Eternity
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 51 queries.