Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: [Trailer] Kirby's Rebound - New Screenshot, Demo 1 Released!  (Read 9416 times)

[Trailer] Kirby's Rebound - New Screenshot, Demo...
« on: January 03, 2007, 12:04:46 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Once upon ago, Mr. Moldorma stumbled upon a dusty ancient Gameboy game called Kirby's Block Ball. It was like, Kirby but a breakout-ish. So Mr. Moldorma decided to make his own incarnation of this so called wonderful game, and Call it Kirby's Brick Ball (Damn I'm creative), but then he changed its name to Kirby Rebound (see the completed section). This fangame was critically appraised and got rave reviews from all ZFGC members, despite its buggy interior. Then Mr. Moldorma's Virtual PC exploded (It was his own damn fault) !!! So Mr. Moldorma was sad and the game got scrapped. Then Mr. Moldorma got an Intel based iMac and dual booted Windows XP onto it, and lo and behold, he began making Kirby Rebound again (but he added "'s" for good measure), and after two false starts he finally kicked things into gear. Here it is now!

Latest Demo:
Demo 1 - Bounce around the Watermelon Wood's first stage, knock out bricks, grab bonus points, and rally for a new High Score! - Rapidshare, Host-A.net, OR GMRealm (Thanks CB!)

Latest Screen:

Old Screens: (Oldest on bottom)
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/MoldormaToo/kr_screen2.png
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/MoldormaToo/kr_screen1.png

Trailer:
(Slightly [very] outdated. Sorry!)
YouTube
Google Videos

Features:
-LARGE RESOLUTION [IMPLEMENTED]
--A bigger playing field = more bricks/enemies, bigger bosses, and more fun!

-GRAVITY [IMPLEMENTED]
--Rebound's old claim to difference was that it had gravity, so that unlike a normal breakout game, your ball will fall in graceful arcs instead of straight lines. This also makes difficulty level go up up.

-SHIELD [IMPLEMENTED]
--Ever caught in a tight situation? You can hold the shield button (Space Bar) to protect you from any danger that might be in your path. While wearing the shield, bricks are impenetrable. If you're about to hit an enemy or a hazard this will save you from immediate danger, at the cost of two points per second. This will not save you from the spikes at the bottom of the screen though, so beware! Shield can only be used as "Normal Kirby", because in other forms there will be plenty of ways to defend yourself.

-INHALE [NOT STARTED]
--Something that KBB was lacking. In KBB and the old KR, when you hit an enemy they died. When you hit an enemy with a power, you got the power AND they died. In KR, hitting enemies will hurt Kirby. If you hold the inhale button within 50 pixels of one however, it will come straight to your waiting mouth and you'll devour it. Normal enemies don't give you anything, and empowered ones give you their power.

-MINI GAMES [NOT STARTED]
--If you're ever breaking your way through a level and you come across a little starry void, hit it! It'll take you to party games mode! A roulette wheel will start up showing all the mini games (ones you haven't played will be shown as ??). When it stops, you play the mini game it lands on for a fun little break from the action, and a chance to earn 1-ups and other goodies. When you play a ?? game for the first time it will be added to Mini Games mode on the main menu, where you can play all your unlocked mini games!

Story:
Today in Dreamland, it's Kirby's birthday! He returns to his home to find a big cake with lit candle stuck in the top. There is a note attached that reads "Happy Birthday Kirby! Signed King DeDeDe". Kirby jubilantly sucks all of the frosting off of the cake with his vacuum-like lungs only to reveal a bomb underneath the frosting! Kirby quickly defuses it, glad that he had gotten back when he did. Then he notices a small card tucked in his door. He opens it and reads the message, "Happy birthday. Here's wishing you the best!" and attached is a mysterious pendant in the shape of an eight pointed star. Kirby curiously holds the pendant up to the light to get a closer look, when all of a sudden the pendant shatters into eight identical pieces, accompanied by a blinding light! As Kirby's eyes return to normal he looks down and realizes that his arms and legs are missing, and the pendant pieces are missing too! What a terrible birthday present this has been. Fortunately from outside Kirby hears a shout, "Kirby, roll this way and I'll help you out!" Kirby rolls out of his home to come face to face with a large orange block. The block says "I can't remember anything before a day ago, but I didn't always look like this! I used to be a person, until an evil demon came and turned me into this! I can't remember my name, but you can call me Padpon for now. It looks like the demon got you too! Right before you came out I saw eight shards of gold fly off into the distance. If we can put them back together I think it'll undo the curse! Come with me, I promise I won't drop you!" And so Kirby and Padpon set off to stop this mysterious demon, and his minions too!

Post your high scores from demo 1! Mine is 438, but the most you could get is 462 if you caught every single falling brick. Have fun!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:40:15 pm by Ræn »
  • Lionfish Apps
Re: Kirby Rebound
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 02:28:46 am »
It was the most original Kirby remake :P

I cannot wait =)
the a o d c
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 11:49:27 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Good to hear someone's excited. More graphics in the making to pass the time until MLK day (when I get my new comp)
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 11:57:40 am »
Will this be like Kirby's Block Ball?
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 02:29:39 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
I will admit that my inspiration came from there, but it's much different. And here's how. Right here. Right now:

-GRAVITY
--Rebound's old claim to difference was that it had gravity, so that unlike a normal breakout game, your ball will fall in graceful arcs instead of straight lines. This also makes difficulty level go up up.

-SHAKE SHIELD
--Ever caught in a tight situation? You can shake the screen and get away from where you're heading, while temporarily sheilding you from any danger that might be in your new path. While wearing the sheild, bricks are impenatrable, and there is a three second delay between uses. Good for not getting killed by an enemy, since you have no control in midair.

-INHALE
--Something that KBB was lacking. In KBB and the old KR, when you hit an enemy they died. When you hit an enemy with a power, you got the power AND they died. In KR, hitting enemies will hurt Kirby. If you hold the inhale button within 50 pixels of one however, it will come straight to your waiting mouth and you'll devour it. Normal enemies don't give you anything, and empowered ones give you their power.

-MINI GAMES
--If you're ever breaking your way through a level and you come across a little starry void, hit it! It'll take you to party games mode! A roulette wheel will start up showing all the mini games (ones you haven't played will be shown as ???). When it stops, you play the mini game it lands on for a fun little break from the action, and a chance to earn 1-ups and other goodies. When you play a ??? game for the first time it will be added to Mini Games mode on the main menu, where you can play all your unlocked mini games!

There. I have to go now. Bye! n_n
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 03:48:13 pm »
Ha, nice. I think Arkanoid had gravity and it worked well.
Does the shake thing work like in pinball games?
And the inhale thing is an awesome idea, I hope it works well.
Re: Kirby's Rebound
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 06:32:15 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Thanks. I have a little story now, but I'll post it later. I also have a list of world names, like Watermelon Waves, and Nectarine Nightmare! n_n
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 11:32:10 pm »
I'm totally plagiarising you.

:P
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 12:00:02 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
No!!! Not that! ;D Looks cool.

On topic: I have a website almost done. Post it when it's decent
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 12:45:44 am »
Oh it LOOKS cool. Trust me, it isn't.
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 07:56:36 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Hey guys. Only six more days until I get my new computer. Then I just have to get Windows running and I can start working on KR!
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 02:06:28 am »
New PC? Yahoo! Push a simple game to it's limits or what? :P
the a o d c
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 02:17:22 am »
  • [sic]
Wow. Can you say premature? Posting a game before you even have the computer needed to make it? XD

Anyway, looks nice, the original was great, and this sounds like it'll be excellent. A feature I'd suggest are sensitivity blocks, that aren't needed to be destroyed to pass a level (or maybe in some circumstances, they should be), but cannot be destroyed unless Kirby has a certain power at the time. Then, if eh does somethin' will happen. Just an idea. :)
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 08:14:09 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Well, the only reason I really need a new computer to start is because Virtual PC doesn't run anything higher than GM 5.3a, so that's my highest option for game making right now. Plus Virtual PC probably runs at about 20% of the speed of a standard PC, let alone an iMac running Windows (which is what I'll have). The idea to remake this just came to me before I had the machine (which is why its in Void Projs.)
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 05:35:22 pm »
Wow, a new Kirby Rebound :).

With a fantastic new sprite, I can't wait for the final release.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 10:20:39 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Bricks Pics:

This sprite is designed with the mindset that if you place each brick on top of the last, covering up the top side that's showing, except for the top one in a stack you'll get a really cool 3D-ish effect. I know, I've tested it. n_n

Graciously shaded by lil bro Moldrill/Mr. Coon! n_n
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 04:03:29 pm »
Bricks Pics:

This sprite is designed with the mindset that if you place each brick on top of the last, covering up the top side that's showing, except for the top one in a stack you'll get a really cool 3D-ish effect. I know, I've tested it. n_n

Graciously shaded by lil bro Moldrill/Mr. Coon! n_n

Nice ^-^. Give my thanks to Mr. Coon! Hopefully someone will update the Intek topic soon... it's already on the third page :'(.
Anyway, awesome - Kirby Rebound + new sprites + 3D effect = OMFG YES!!!11 :jellytime: :jellytime: :jellytime:
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 05:16:39 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Heh, thanks. Anyways, in a strange twist of events now it seems that I'm getting my new comp this afternoon. :P So then I have to get Windows running through Boot Camp (which means I have to get a Windows install disk) and I can begin KR. n_n
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2007, 05:53:20 pm »
OMFG HE'S RIGHT! :O

Re: Kirby's Rebound - Trailer Added - WIP Reques...
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 01:09:13 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
K guys, big update for those of you who haven't seen this topic since January. New screeny, new trailer (can I go to the WIP section now. I'm obviously working on this a lot), new story, and an updated features list are all on the first post. And hopefully this wealth of new info might draw a little interest. ;D Alright, see you around guys.

-Moldorma
  • Lionfish Apps
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 74 queries.

anything