Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Request] Edit a piece (or simply telling me how)  (Read 2205 times)

[Request] Edit a piece (or simply telling me how...
« on: January 07, 2007, 09:08:08 pm »
  • Personal Text
Hey ppls.

I have a piece of music I need someone to edit.
Its called "Klomps Romp"  Its from Donkey Kong Country 2:"Diddy's Kong Quest"
http://savefile.com/files/395506
I need the craking and the waves in the background sounds, to be removed. thats al I am simply asking for(if it IS simple ::))
OR if someone could give me a program, they WOULD have used if they helped me, and breefly describe how.

Thats all, I MAY post another piece, if I need it.
Thank you, in advanced

Love
-Mewgull

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
Re: [Request] Edit a piece (or simply telling me...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 03:23:19 am »
  • With a Capital G
I haven't downloaded it... no time at the moment.. but if it's a recording of the in-game music, then you can download the ripped soundtrack at http://www.zophar.net

You can also find a bunch of players there, which can probably cut out certain sound channels. If success, just hit record in a wave editor and play the song.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 03:54:51 pm »
It cannot be done unless the audio is in different audio channels. My suggestion is to go to the point where you hear this music in an emulator, and turn off certain sound channels until you find one only with what you want - it may not be layered, though, so you might not be able to do this :(.

Oh, and when I first saw this topic on the main page with the end cut off, and I wasn't reading it properly, I thought it read: "[Request] Eat a pie" :P. And then I went over it with my cursor, and I thought it said: "[Request] Eat a pie (or simply tell me how)".

LAWL!

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 08:05:15 pm »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
Oh, and when I first saw this topic on the main page with the end cut off, and I wasn't reading it properly, I thought it read: "[Request] Eat a pie" :P. And then I went over it with my cursor, and I thought it said: "[Request] Eat a pie (or simply tell me how)".

LAWL!
Don't worry, I say that too...

And I don't think you can et rid of the sounds if they are part of the piece. Howvere, if they are on differing channels, you could:
a: find the right one in an emulator
b: find the same piece somewhere else without those noises - it's bound to be out there is the piece itself doesn't include them , they are another noise added.
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 09:57:42 pm »
  • Personal Text
I am doing what Goodnight said first(because he was the first to reply XD), but I can't find a player to play the "PKCS #7 Certificates" file...
I thought they were playable MUSIC, but not "Certificates" 0_o
whats going on, and where can I get a player to play it?

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 12:09:37 am »
  • With a Capital G
PKCS? No idea what that's talking about. :P

I just gave this a try and it's more difficult than I thought - some sound channels have both noise and music alternating. That means you'd have to record each track, edit out the noise, and mix them back together.

Well that posed some problems because A) for some reason, lossless internal recording isn't working for me, and B) I can't find a player that lets me disable channels and save to wav. (I can get one or the other, but not both.)

I can get slightly-lossy recordings, you probably won't notice any difference in them, but it will take time to clean up.  :-\
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 12:50:27 am »
  • w00t
SPC files show up as "PKCS certificates" in Windows Explorer for me too, even though I've set them to open in Winamp, as I have an appropriate plugin.  Double-clicking them works, but it's odd double-clicking something without the Winamp icon and having it open in Winamp anyway. 
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 12:57:41 am »
  • With a Capital G
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 01:45:10 am »
  • Personal Text
Whoa!
Where did that come from?
If you edited the piece I posted, its a little, cracky..
if its from the SPC, then can you tell me how to play it and put it onto my comp? :D

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 07:06:12 am »
  • With a Capital G
It was done exactly like I mentioned above. :P

I got the SPC, which I normally play with SNESamp, a plug-in for Winamp. Except for some reason I couldn't turn off sound channels. So I seeked out another player which could (ZD-spc, among many), played and recorded each of the four music channels separately, edited out the sea noises, and mixed them back together.

It may sound a little more crackly because it was played at a higher sample rate.. probably 44.1KHz as opposed to 22.05KHz. That little bit of 'static' you hear throughout is really a rolling drum, it's part of the song.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 03:44:06 am »
  • Personal Text
I have ZD-SPC, now, so everything is good! ^_^
its such a good program!
but how to I export?
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 03:47:25 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
there's a program called audacity. if you load a sound, or song, into it, it will show the seperate waves of each frequency. it allows you to select one and delete it, or add some if you want to.  i don't know where you can get it, and i don't have it anymore.

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 04:15:41 am »
  • With a Capital G
I have ZD-SPC, now, so everything is good! ^_^
its such a good program!
but how to I export?

Don't think it can.. which sucks. I did it by hitting record in Goldwave then playing the song.

Both Winamp (with SNESamp) and SPC Jukebox can export to wav, but the channel-muting doesn't work properly for either. >:(

there's a program called audacity. if you load a sound, or song, into it, it will show the seperate waves of each frequency.
That's pretty cool, but I doubt it would work in this situation. SPCs may sound nice, but they're pretty flat, sonically speaking. There aren't too many frequencies to separate.
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 12:02:49 am »
  • Personal Text
okay thanks
I have Audacity(super cool), so I'll also get Goldwave, so, when everthing is exported, then I will stop the sound, and then I'll use audacity to edit, then export, them all...
Thanks guys! ^_^
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 62 queries.