Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Having long hair is the new style, for guys?!  (Read 4574 times)

Having long hair is the new style, for guys?!
« on: January 23, 2007, 12:19:39 pm »
  • Personal Text
Hey ppls..

In my school, the new style for guys(its been that way for a while), is to have long, straight hair.  I don't know if its the type of style at your schools too, but it is in mine, and its starting to bug me.  Because guys with long hair, I personally don't like it/HATE it.
I am not gay, btw :P

I want to hear your thoughts about:
Should a guy have long hair? leave it to the girls? anything wrong with guys having long hair? ETC.
Debate begins :)
Re: Having long hair is the new style, for guys?...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 12:24:25 pm »
At my schools its no hair, but a few of us are growing ours. Mines almost shoulder length in fact :D
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 12:27:08 pm »
  • :D
Meh, I used to have long-ish hair, but now I have it short.  I don't know what was wrong with me, I looked HORRIBLE with long hair.

It does definately work for some people though.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 12:33:19 pm »
  • puck you
I look horrible with short hair, but mine's not a long straight hair either.

But yes, I do agree with you, guys with long straight hairs? I just hate them.

It may just be how I was brought up, and my own "pride" and opinions have something to do with it.

It's just not, "manly" to do that, nor is piercing your ears or tongue or where ever you want it on a guy.
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 12:38:12 pm »
I dunno, quite a lot of warriors and gladiators had there hair long to show there manliness. I mean okay a lot has changed since, but the Indian tribes that lived in America before white men appeared and killed and raped them they pretty much all had long hair.

I'm planning on having mine long .. just dunno whether straight or curly (like Dani Filth before Dreadlocks)
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 12:53:40 pm »
  • Flash Software Studios
ive had all ranges of legnths of hair (expect rapunzle hair) and for some reason i thought it was awsum wen it was long. now i look bak and  im like why did u do that... but i still like it better than my short hair i had, so now i sorta stick to medium legnth hair which i think is cool. i also find peoples hair varys alot more if ur involved with musical people. i dunno just my opinion, but i have no problem with guys with long hair.

• http://www.myspace.com/kristruman
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 01:19:31 pm »
I don't like longhair either for man but if they like it they should do it.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 01:21:49 pm »
I want headbang hair :D
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 02:05:22 pm »
Probably... Personally, I don't see anything wrong with guys having long hairs...
It's not like it's defined somewhere: Guys -> short hair, Gals -> long hair, lol. >_>
Anyways, I just saw 4 guys in my whole school that have long hair (including me)...
I decided to do it since I looked really bad with short hair...
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 06:19:11 am »

:3

I like long hair. Mine is a bit TOO long right now.. but that's because I don't feel like paying for a hair cut. anndd.. that's a different story. Yeah.. a lot of people are growing their hair now. It's in. XD
  • My Photostream

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 06:50:26 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
It's a fad if you ask me. I prefer to keep my hair at a reasonably short length. Anyone whose seen my picture knows how I like my hair.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 09:48:07 am »
Well, I think everyone knows my opinion, I despise long hair on guys. It's unattractive, looks like you are in one of those clich??d electric guitar bands and stuff. Thank god It's not a fad here. But some guys have it long. Eww
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 09:59:00 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
The thing that is just plain dumb about the argument that 'long hair is not manly' is the fact that the only reason such opinions exist is because of culture. Just because most straight, male persons don't let their hair grow people start to associate long hair with women :/

So basically, this argument goes a little something like this: "hey, guys shouldn't have long hair because the majority of guys doesn't".
My name is Pitt
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 04:35:02 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I think it depends on what style suits the person and what they feel comfortable in.

I spike my hair up (quite a bit) because it suits me best compared to flat hair. I know guys who looked TERRIBLE with short hair, but great with long hair. I know girls who have relatively short hair and look great, but look horrible with long hair.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 11:46:19 pm »
  • b e p i s
My hair used to be almost shoulder length, but now it's like half that. I want to get it cut a little shorter soon, but I can't because of my film I'm doing (continuity purposes.)

For me it's just because I like it. Pretty soon after I got mine cut it became the new fad in magazines and stuff somehow, but I don't really care if it's popular or not, I like it :P
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 02:35:44 am »
At my school long hair is thought of as creepy. I know a few guys that have it, and they're either the awkward rock-wannabee guys...or gays. I don't think a man should have hair like a woman's. Hair can really change how a person looks...and so girls with really short hair and guys with really long hair just blur the lines between male and female looks. Guys can do plenty of styles with short hair...like that messy style is fine, cause it's still long, but the hair is put to good use, instead of just dangling over your shoulders. And there are very few girls that can pull off short hair, just like there's very few guys that can pull off long hair *cough* Fabio! *cough*. This isn't the best discussion for me...since I barely have any hair, but still, I know what I'm talking about...I have a lot of female friends that know hair.
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 03:03:39 am »
Meh, I used to have long-ish hair, but now I have it short.  I don't know what was wrong with me, I looked HORRIBLE with long hair.

It does definately work for some people though.
agree, I had my hair long but then I decided to cut it, since I realized that It looked horrible, it is good until certain point.
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 03:55:43 am »
  • =/
 Never really cared, personally. If you are going to be constricted to having a certain hair length, let us go for clothes, piercings, etc. My hair is around shoulder length and I plan on growing it tell I can pony-tail it, does that make me wrong? Yes, in a way, I am breaking the old tradition of male = short, women = long but I have never cared what anyone else said.

Basicly, if it feels right, do it.

Busternaut

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 05:13:41 am »
I hate long hair...for me atleast it looks good on some girls. But only hippie males have long hair.
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 06:37:35 am »
  • that old name
Well, for a while my hair was ..well not terribly long, but just.. shaggy and unkempt :P. Anyway, it wasn't cut to a particular style, it just ..got long out of laziness of not getting it cut.. >.<.

Okay, but anyway, the point is I kind of liked it! Also, in general I like how somewhat longer hair looks on many guys, and I was actually planning to grow it out a bit more, so that I could get get it cut into ..something long, but less ratty :P.

But eventually it started getting in my way. Just.. uncomfortable, and made me feel hotter than I should(I mean temperature wise). When I got it cut, I was originally going to just get a little bit taken off. But as the cutting ensued, I kept asking for more and more, until I didn't have much left at all (and had a very overworked, over-ordered hair dresser).

I love it now, it just feels so much more free! As well, I'm always cooler(I mean temperature wise), which is important, as heat leaves me quite uncomfortable in the face, more so than other people(and my face also gets super red :P).

But I still like long hair(certain styles of it!). I like how it looks(and I also love how short hair looks), and may some day consider growing it out again!
The only issue is.. it takes sooo long to grow out. So long that I will have changed my mind on my hair 20 times by the time it got to the proper length :'(.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 06:39:12 am by Sterlin254 »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 73 queries.

anything