Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Timeline (No split timeline!) [Spoilers for any Zelda game]  (Read 5064 times)

Zelda Timeline (No split timeline!) [Spoilers fo...
« on: July 08, 2007, 02:08:14 am »
  • Personal Text
Okay, I'm going to go ahead and make a Zelda Timeline according to MY theory (its fun to do :))
(NOTHING IS OFFICIAL)

VARIABLES:
Link X (Multiple Links)
Zelda X (Multiple Zeldas)
Ganon/dorf X (Possibly a few Ganon/dorf s)
HY = Hylian Year

TIMELINE:

Creation
HY 0
Goddess descend upon the earth Din, Nayru, and Farore, use their powers to create the land.
Later on, after done with their duty, they clash together into an eternal sleep leaving within their hit, the Triforce.

HY 50
The tribes have decided to live with their own people in different parts of Hyrule.
Hylians, Gorons, Zoras, Kokiris, Gerudos, and Twilights.

Twilight Princess (Part)
HY 89
Small group of twilight discover triforce and go after it, demolishing anyone in their way, creating the Fused Shadow from the evil eminating from them.

HY 146
Goddesses upset with Twilight, and created the Twilight Zone, to banish them into it.

HY 150
Everyone later finds out about the Twilight People and the tribes form armies after learning about the Triforce in a hidden land and start fighting for it, while the Gerudos decided to form a tradition to have a male born into their tribe every 100 years, thus Ganondorf 1 was born, and was destined to do the job of leading the Gerudos.

Minish Cap
HY 155
Link 1 and Zelda 1 are born and the Picori/Four Sword was created, thus the events of Minish Cap start and the Hero of Men begin here, but story is forgotten later on.

Ocarina of Time
HY 173
War is still going on, but gradually died down over the 23 years.
Ganondorf also learns about the Triforce, and with evil plans, forms his own army to look for it, and the war strengthens by his army.
Link 2 is born as a Hylian, but is later passed on to The Deku tree for care by his dying mother (Dad had died in the war). Mother later dies. Zelda 2 is born into the Hyrulian royal family, and the tradition that the first born daughter of the Hyrule family, will be named Zelda.

HY 183
Link and Zelda are 10 Years old.
War has stopped
Deku Tree is having visions about the future, and learns about the destiny with Link and Zelda. Deku summons Link to explain to him about the war and tells him to do his destiny. Navi is given to Link.
Ganondorf feeling discouraged after long search for the triforce, goes to the king to ask where the triforce is, while claiming to be an ally of the King. Link and Zelda know that he is evil.
Link collects rest of Spiritual stones, and quickly goes to Temple of Time where the only entrance to the realm of the Triforce rests. Enters and pulls out the destined sword of evil's bane (Master Sword), but only to find out that Ganondorf has been following him all the way to this point, so Ganondorf finally enters sacred realm and claims the Triforce creating darkness around Hyrule. Link is put into a 7-year slumber, while Zelda runs away from hyrule for that time.

Link's Awakening
HY 183-190
Link dreams about Koholint island, and the events of Link's Awakening takes place.

HY 190
Link and Zelda are 17 (adults)
Link awakens and learns he has to awaken the 6 other sages to open the realm once again to seal ganondorf inside. Zelda learns about Link's awakening and returns as Shiek to hid the fact that she is Zelda.
Link collects all Medallians, and learns that he holds the triforce of Courage as well as Ganondorf and the triforce of Power. Shiek reveals that she is actually Zelda, the bearer of the triforce of wisdom.
Link defeats Ganon and sends him to the Sacred Realm for the first time.
Zelda ultimatly deletes Link, Navi, and first master sword to the past to live Link's missed childhood. Zelda keeped master sword to put back into the pedestal

HY 183 (2nd time)
Navi leaves Link after she believe that she was no help to him at all in his quest, and she learns that he isn't a Kokiri. Knowing that history will repeat it's self, he knew that the land of Hyrule would be safe in his later adult self.
Link is heart broken about Navi's leaving. So after the first link from the past leaves from Zelda's courtyard, the new link goes back to tell Zelda everything that's happened, so she can do everything correctly in the future.
[I don't know how Link would get the Ocarina of Time back when he was a kid, because that I would screw everything up for the Link that is supposed to get the Ocarina of Time.]

So that wraps up the first quarter-ish :P
I'll do more later on.

If there is anything that I missed or that needs correction, please tell me :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 02:10:42 am by Mewgull »
Re: Zelda Timeline (No split timeline!) [Spoiler...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 02:24:27 am »
  • I murder your toys as well
I really think you need to rethink your life.

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 02:30:55 am »
  • Personal Text
lmfao, me too XD
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 02:34:12 am »
I guess I should at least make a relevant comment. :P

I don't believe there is ANY timeline in Zelda, at all. The games are purely fiction, each one following a different story but with the same character.

Its almost like Final Fantasy. All the games take place in completely different worlds, with completely different stories, but they all contain similarities (Chocobos, Omega Weapons, Masamune, Biggs/Wedge, Airships, Crystals).

I never thought of Zelda as being a story-driven game anyways, I always just thought of it as being a Puzzle/Action RPG game.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 02:49:50 am »

I don't believe there is ANY timeline in Zelda, at all. The games are purely fiction, each one following a different story but with the same character.

Its almost like Final Fantasy. All the games take place in completely different worlds, with completely different stories, but they all contain similarities (Chocobos, Omega Weapons, Masamune, Biggs/Wedge, Airships, Crystals).

I never thought of Zelda as being a story-driven game anyways, I always just thought of it as being a Puzzle/Action RPG game.
Exactly.
Thank Jesus.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 03:20:40 am »
  • [sic]

Agree completely. That's why the Zelda games are great. A nice story that isn't too important.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 03:28:26 am »
  • Personal Text
I somewhat agree, but there is obviously a timeline that needs to be organised.  Shigeru made it so, by saying that OoT is the first in the timeline, so that means he stated that a timeline was there, and I find it enjoyable to sort things out (neat-freak if you will).  So its also fun to do something like this logically with something you like.
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 03:30:37 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Shigeru made it so, by saying that OoT is the first in the timeline.

Right there you killed your timeline because if Miyamoto said Ocarina of Time is the first in the timeline, then obviously this part

Twilight Princess (Part)
HY 89
Small group of twilight discover triforce and go after it, demolishing anyone in their way, creating the Fused Shadow from the evil eminating from them.

HY 146
Goddesses upset with Twilight, and created the Twilight Zone, to banish them into it.

HY 150
Everyone later finds out about the Twilight People and the tribes form armies after learning about the Triforce in a hidden land and start fighting for it, while the Gerudos decided to form a tradition to have a male born into their tribe every 100 years, thus Ganondorf 1 was born, and was destined to do the job of leading the Gerudos.

Minish Cap
HY 155
Link 1 and Zelda 1 are born and the Picori/Four Sword was created, thus the events of Minish Cap start and the Hero of Men begin here, but story is forgotten later on.

isn't right.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 03:43:34 am »
Yep, Probably later is MM then OOA, OOS(he continues his quest seeking for Navi),TP then ALTTP then WW, then dunno really, most Capcom games doesn't really explain that much.
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 03:55:53 am »
I somewhat agree, but there is obviously a timeline that needs to be organised.  Shigeru made it so, by saying that OoT is the first in the timeline, so that means he stated that a timeline was there, and I find it enjoyable to sort things out (neat-freak if you will).  So its also fun to do something like this logically with something you like.

It's SO high priority.

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 04:04:40 am »
I think the best way to calculate a persistent timeline in the LoZ would be to read about the series' most persistent character: Ganon/Ganondorf.  Although Link appears in every game obviously, it's generally a different incarnation.  Ganon on the other hand is the same character all the way through as far as I can tell.  So here, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganon .

I have a general idea of how the games fit together, but I'm way too tired right now to get into it.  Also, as others have said, it doesn't really matter if they are connected or not.

I don't think we'll ever learn to official timeline until there comes a game which ties them all together and makes knowledge of a tangible timeline relevant to the story...in other words, I don't think we'll ever learn it...unless of course Nintendo decides to bulk up the story within future games in the series.

I just don't see that happening anytime soon.  Zelda games stick to a formula, and since we haven't seen a really complex story so far we probably never will.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 04:05:28 am »
  • Personal Text
Shigeru made it so, by saying that OoT is the first in the timeline.

Right there you killed your timeline because if Miyamoto said Ocarina of Time is the first in the timeline, then obviously this part

Twilight Princess (Part)
HY 89

HY 146

HY 150

Minish Cap
HY 155

isn't right.

Well those games came out after he anounced that OoT thing, and they blatently state parts of the timeline come before OoT.

It's SO high priority.

Well... no, not really ;)
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 04:28:54 am »
TMC
OoT
MM
TP
TWW
PH
FS
FSA
ALttP
LA
OoS/OoA
LoZ
AoL

There.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 04:31:15 am »
Well, thinking it a bit more, there is no timeline.. In some games Gorons doesn't exist.. All games have a comlpetely different map so why will you rebuild kakariko 10 times lol?
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 04:34:07 am »
How isn't there a timeline?  There's connections all over the place, especialy in TWW.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 04:36:37 am »
  • Personal Text
Who said they rebuilt it? (unless I'm missing something >_>)
And you never know, they might have had to rebuild Kakariko, because anything could have happend ;) There is a lot of time in between each game, pretty much.
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 05:03:59 am »
HY 150
the Gerudos decided to form a tradition to have a male born into their tribe every 100 years

Sorry, but you completely fail. The Gerudos just chose to give birth to a male every 100 years, right? Time for sex education, my friend.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 05:06:42 am »
Who said they rebuilt it? (unless I'm missing something >_>)
And you never know, they might have had to rebuild Kakariko, because anything could have happend ;) There is a lot of time in between each game, pretty much.
well, I also mean landscapes :P, heh, probably there is a timeline but there is no need to explain it, simple because.. It is The Legend, The legend of Zelda
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 05:09:47 am »
HY 150
the Gerudos decided to form a tradition to have a male born into their tribe every 100 years

Sorry, but you completely fail. The Gerudos just chose to give birth to a male every 100 years, right? Time for sex education, my friend.

"Honey I want to have a baby girl! Tell the doctor to make me have a girl!"

"Psst, Hey Doctor, My girl here is pregnant. She wants a hardcore kid. A tough little boy you know?"

Uhm. Right. Okay Timeline. I prefer the one from the Zelda Retrospective. No split timeline makes no split sense.
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 06:21:16 am »
Split timelines make no sense.  It's simply illogical.
- Click to go to thread
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 74 queries.

anything