Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: To The Voters Of California  (Read 10092 times)

Re: To The Voters Of California
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 04:20:41 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
They is quite a bit of evidence to suggest your sexuality, if not determined, is heavily influenced by the hormones you receive whilst in the womb and the affects this has on brain development. You may be able to control the way your fetal-brain develops, but the rest of the world clearly lacked your telekinetic powers ;)

Homosexuals, even very manly ones (and what is manlier than two muscle-bound naked guys?) also tend to perform better at tasks otherwise dubbed feminine. Ironically women and gay men tend to be, this is what studies have shown, worse at reading a map in order to get from point A to point B (and on weekends point C) than lesbians and straight men.

Combine this with the lasting influence early infant attachments have on a person...you have to wonder how much control people really have.

If sexuality is a choice, then it doesn't exist, because people must choose who they are attracted to on a conscious level, which anyone whose ever looked at a person ever knows we don't do, you don't see someone and decide they are attractive as much as see someone and the 'unconscious' part of your brain makes the decision for you based on partially-instinctive factors. Males who say other males are attractive but are straight are doing so consciously. If we decide, males would also choose when to get boners, and hell no can we do that (which is a shame, because dammit why do guys always get one at the end of tests?)...

Besides, why wouldn't a person want to be gay? Guys are so much easier than girls, they can't fake orgasm for one (except through a complex process involving a hose pipe), and they also tend to be easier to figure out ;)

I identify as straight but at the moment...I see relationships as pointless because I know I'd be useless in them, so might as well be asexual. Also if the right person were to come along I don't feel like it would matter if they were male or female...but yeah, t'ill I start making out with guys I'm gonna still say I'm straight.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:25:09 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 04:24:25 pm »
They is quite a bit of evidence to suggest your sexuality, if not determined, is heavily influenced by the hormones you receive whilst in the womb and the affects this has on brain development. You may be able to control the way your fetal-brain develops, but the rest of the world clearly lacked your telekinetic powers ;)

Homosexuals, even very manly ones (and what is manlier than two muscle-bound naked guys?) also tend to perform better at tasks otherwise dubbed feminine. Ironically women and gay men tend to be, this is what studies have shown, worse at reading a map in order to get from point A to point B (and on weekends point C) than lesbians and straight men.

Combine this with the lasting influence early infant attachments have on a person...you have to wonder how much control people really have.

If sexuality is a choice, then it doesn't exist, because people must choose who they are attracted to on a conscious level, which anyone whose ever looked at a person ever knows we don't do, you don't see someone and decide they are attractive as much as see someone and the 'unconscious' part of your brain makes the decision for you based on partially-instinctive factors. Males who say other males are attractive but are straight are doing so consciously. If we decide, males would also choose when to get boners, and hell no can we do that (which is a shame, because dammit why do guys always get one at the end of tests?)...

Besides, why wouldn't a person want to be gay? Guys are so much easier than girls, they can't fake orgasm for one (except through a complex process involving a hose pipe), and they also tend to be easier to figure out ;)

Haha. If I could choose, I would so choose girls. They are so much nicer than boys XD

But boys are sexier. :D
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 04:28:40 pm »
  • Fight the Power
(which is a shame, because dammit why do guys always get one at the end of tests?)...
Secsy teacha'? Rawr. :3

Seriously, that is annoying. I sometimes get one in school, too. >_> It's so weird... And no I don't find any of the girls in my class to be hawt. (Nor my teachers...)

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 04:30:10 pm »
(which is a shame, because dammit why do guys always get one at the end of tests?)...
Secsy teacha'? Rawr. :3

Seriously, that is annoying. I sometimes get one in school, too. >_> It's so weird... And no I don't find any of the girls in my class to be hawt. (Nor my teachers...)

It's because you are so turned on by your own magnificent achievement at the end of the test.
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 04:32:54 pm »
  • Fight the Power
More like stressed. >_< I'm not like ''grrr I'm sure I scored pretty high... grrr'' o.O

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 04:39:10 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Probably something like the neurological effects of relief of stress are so similar to certain other ones (maybe the same or similar chemicals are released? I don't know) they trigger the same primitive response.

Wooh at throwing a big word in there to make myself sound clever!
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 05:02:37 pm »
If the purpose of life of any organism is to reproduce and the organism does not reproduce asexually, then if any instance of that organism having a homosexual inclination is not normal - it should not happen.  Homosexuality appears in large occurrence in organisms that are communally based as the individual does not always have to focus on its own survival. 

In such cases, the focus can shift away from being well to feeling well which then permeates back to being well; e.g. being healthy, being happy, and how being happy can improve your health.  In these settings, the survival of the group does not hinge on every individual engaging in an aspect of reproducing.  Thus deviants can occur.  Because the system itself permitted for these deviations to occur, it is natural - nature allowed it to happen. 

If you haven't figure it out yet, humanity is not strictly normal.  Incest, homosexuality, bisexuality, asexuality (not wanting to have sex), etc. exist and as long as they are in the minority humanity in itself should be fine.  In an extreme case of total incest, diversity in the gene pool would reemerge over time.  Bisexuality preserves some normality so it can exist in an extreme case so long as the non-natural aspect of it isn't expressed largely.  Homosexuality and asexuality cannot really ever become a majority due to the lack of reproduction.  Even if it were a trait that could be passed on, it wouldn't likely be knowingly passed on.

And this isn't even taking into account inter-sex people who are born as XXY due to genetic defects; what should they be into?  Humanity based on mental contemplation to overrule base instinct and its reliance on a communal systems is inherently a flawed form of natural life, and it is this flaw which makes it exceptional in the study of all life.

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 07:06:06 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
4sword, humans aren't the only animals that exhibit homosexuality…
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 07:10:59 pm »
I know, that is why I said communal organisms, which basically implies monkeys, dogs, etc.
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 07:21:12 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Dammit, what is that species of gorilla again that spends most of it's time having sex and tends not to care if it's doing so with a male or female, showing they do so for pleasure?

I'm being serious by the way, I can't remember it's name, and it'd be a good example of what 4Sword was on about...

Just in case you were wondering, I'm not referring to humans here...
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2008, 07:24:00 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Dammit, what is that species of gorilla again that spends most of it's time having sex and tends not to care if it's doing so with a male or female, showing they do so for pleasure?

I'm being serious by the way, I can't remember it's name, and it'd be a good example of what 4Sword was on about...

I was going to say humans before I read the subscript.  x­D
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2008, 07:24:36 pm »
You are talking about bonobos.  
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2008, 08:08:44 pm »
  • *whistle*

Bonobos. They're chimpanzees, by the way, not gorillas.

And yeah, they have sex for all kinds of reasons. And a lot of it too. It really is quite "natural".

There's also a lot of evidence of homosexuality in ancient civilisations as well - it was quite accepted in Greece and Rome, for instance, for soldiers to have relationships with one another, or for an older man to take a younger man as an "apprentice" and have a sexual relationship with him.
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2008, 11:51:41 pm »
  • Fight the Power
or for an older man to take a younger man as an "apprentice" and have a sexual relationship with him.

...raping? o.O Crazy ass greeks :P.

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2008, 11:53:13 pm »
  • *whistle*
or for an older man to take a younger man as an "apprentice" and have a sexual relationship with him.

...raping? o.O Crazy ass greeks :P.

No, it was consensual - the younger man would volunteer for it knowing fully would it would intail.

They could always choose not to, but it was their custom. Seemed to work at least.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 66 queries.

anything