Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

What style should we use ?

GameBoy (OoA/OoS, LA)
Mintish Cap/Four Swords

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGCCP!!!!!!  (Read 13494 times)

Re: ZFGCCP!!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2009, 02:55:30 pm »
Fine...count me out on concept art. I thought it would be really neat for a different style of art to be the actual concept art but you guys aren't biting. Stick to the stereotypical MC art.
I was thinking of making it a custom style....
if you can get me a decent sprite sheet of link w/ most actions, I'll add it to the poll  ;)

I'm not talking about SPRITES. I'm talking about ART.
Ah... ma bad... I don't think it matters what style concept art is drawn in, does it ? It's just a concept, not the actual sprite... :huh:

ANYWAYS... v0.1 of the ZFGCCPENGINE will have
  • walking
  • talking
  • swimmin
  • hearts

[ ]menu
[ ]items (not decided yet)
  • slashing

[ ]enemies
[ ]Door system
Anything else ? :huh:

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2009, 04:17:22 pm »
There's a fine line between concept art and official art/fan art.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2009, 06:16:36 pm »
The reason I insist on this being a team project is because a community project is something that is more general than a game and less bureaucratic in its staffing. A team project can more easily focus on a game and have staffing better suited to itself.

With a team project you would have a board directly set aside for this project; this allows the project creator the option of making the board public or private - rather than how a community project is always mostly supposed to be public. The project leader of a team project also has the discretion to hire/fire team members as they see fit. And like I said earlier, you'll get regular listing on the forum's news index and site news topics.
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2009, 03:08:16 pm »
Yeah, but if i wanted to make a team project from the beginning, I would've did that. ;)

Anyways people I just got an idea:

What if there was a dark triforce, in the middle of the real triforce, and then as long as you have that you can stop the power of the triforce in a certain area ( like stop the power of the triforce of courage, etc.)
I was also thinking of the game having a war, with like boats and so on...
It could be after the Great Flood !!!!!
sorry i'll clarify later if this needs claryfing(I'm knda sleepy) :P

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2009, 07:32:32 pm »
Perhaps I am not stating this to the correct effect, but the terminology of "Community Project" on ZFGC refers to something that the staff gives full weight behind because of its importance to our focus; in addition to it being overseen by staff members, getting a more defacto role on the forum, etc.

Because you want to run this project, that there is already a Community Project in the Minish Cap Engine, that this is to make a game which limits its use as a tool for the community to use with their own projects, and because a team project gives you just about the same amount of benefits, this should not be considered a community project. My explanation might seem a little odd, but really this should be considered a team project.
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2009, 09:29:31 am »
Perhaps I am not stating this to the correct effect, but the terminology of "Community Project" on ZFGC refers to something that the staff gives full weight behind because of its importance to our focus; in addition to it being overseen by staff members, getting a more defacto role on the forum, etc.
K, I get this much....

So can it be a team project that the community helps with?

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2009, 06:31:02 pm »
Yes, because this is your project, you have the right to decide how others can help you on it. The board setup for a team project reflects this as some members would prefer a private workspace while others prefer to work in a more open, public environment.

In terms of wording though, anyone who asks for more users to help with their project asks those in the community to assist them. I can see this as where the distinction between a team and community project might get blurred a bit, but the way I also look at it is that if the project gives something back to the community other than just the completion of itself and if what it gives back is relatively helpful for others to use - that is how I see a community project.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2009, 11:53:47 am »
To be successful, a community project needs to be worked on by everyone. Obviously there will be massive jumbles of code if everyone just passes the baton around. This is where we have a set of members who in the end decide what goes into the final product. Link is a prime example, since everyone submits patched for it yet only a few make it into the final product. The programming is the hardest part of a community project because it can be messed up so easily.

Spriting and graphics are the easier steps, as long as you can maintain a decent amount of members willing to sprite. Remember that these members don't like to sprite for waste. They must have motivation to do so, and that's why everyone else needs to make sure the project is moving forward.

Audio always comes last in a project. There aren't many composers here, and the few who are here should be working on more important parts of the project first. Besides, you'll probably get better quality music when the composers can play through the game and imagine what kind of music should be playing.

It all comes down to a mastery of coordination, and teamwork.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2009, 09:44:20 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
Why won't we just continue the "King of Thieves" community project? Much effort was put into that one and I would hate to see it wasted.
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?board=173.0

Just think about it.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2009, 10:43:22 am »
Why won't we just continue the "King of Thieves" community project? Much effort was put into that one and I would hate to see it wasted.

Just think about it.
Because the community project would need a leader that would stick and can still work with it until it actually dies despite the rest of the  community giving up on it. THat's what we need
  • Phoenix Heart

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2009, 10:46:36 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Well; the problem with the original and other incarnations of the community project was that... well... "Community" was just tacked on to the title for promotional purposes. The community didn't really have much if any input at all :x
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2009, 12:03:18 pm »

Just think about it.
I'll think about it.
But first I need to see what they had, and the download link isn't working. Anyone have the demo on their computer somewhere?  :huh:

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2009, 01:35:00 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Well; the problem with the original and other incarnations of the community project was that... well... "Community" was just tacked on to the title for promotional purposes. The community didn't really have much if any input at all :x
Well, that would be pretty easily changed. Besides, everyone got the chance to put their input to the project. There just weren't many guys helping. I think the concept of the previous CP was too good to be wasted.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2009, 03:01:31 pm »

Just think about it.
I also don't understand why we just won't continue with it. So much progress was made.
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2009, 07:31:55 pm »
About the former Community Project, due to the amount of people working on it and the interest in the project it was changed in status to team project and moved to the Archive as it was inactive. If people want to work with that project again, those who originally worked on it should be contacted and approve of it.

If there is that approval, a plan should be made up as to what sort of new development is going to go on, who the team members are, and other things pertinent. The reason for the team stuff is because a community project is more open-ended and less generally focused and specifically with the old Community Project, some of those working on it are more in line with the mindset that the project was a team project. In order to prevent situations where that project dies multiple times, such measures make sense.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 67 queries.