Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Path of Revelation [SOURCE]  (Read 82417 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Threads of Despair
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2011, 08:55:19 pm »
You know, this looks really good  XD

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2011, 11:03:45 pm »
  • Forstride Productions
Thanks for the comments!  @joelsandberg: Hmm...Are you selecting an old save from an old version of the game?  That'll typically cause errors, as I just use GM's saving/loading system (I used to use INI loading/saving, but I decided to scrap it), and when new objects and whatnot are added into the game, it'll mess up when trying to load an old save from an old version.

Anyway, I have a few announcements to make:

- First off, I'm changing the name of the game!  The new name is "The Legend of Zelda: Path of Revelation."  The name ties deeply into the main part of the new story, which won't be revealed anytime soon.

- I've been working on some new areas that you won't see until later in the game.  I've added the entrance to the Skyshore Palace dungeon, which is basically a floating tower/castle off the peninsula of Altrude Town.  I've also added the entrance to the Loftwood Temple dungeon, which is the giant tree thing.  Here's the bottom area inside the forest:

Also, here's the new title screen, a screenshot of the top of the tree that the Loftwood Temple is in, and the entrance to the Skyshore Palace (Using this one I found from Four Swords Adventures rips):

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2011, 12:40:20 am »
Whoa! Looks like Threads of Despair has ben cancelled. I am not to saddened. All that remains is the topic name to fit.
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2011, 12:56:27 am »
  • Forstride Productions
Not really cancelled.  Just changing the name.  :p  I'm waiting until NCFC 2011 is over tomorrow to officially change it and whatnot, as to not cause confusion.
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2011, 02:02:35 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
...I'm changing the name of the game!  The new name is "The Legend of Zelda: Path of Revelation."

Honestly, I didn't really like the name "Threads of Despair" that much, so I really like the name change. ;3

Also, THE HUD IS BEAUTIFUL! Seriously! And I love the new time indicator; it's far superior to your previous bulky one.
You've done very well with this game so far and I'm am extremely impressed. WELL DONE!

I've gotta say, TDWP FTW... FTW! XD
  • My Music

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2011, 02:30:07 am »
  • Forstride Productions
Yeah, the name just seemed...Weird.  The story I had was pretty stupid, and I changed it based on a story I had thought up a while back during development.  See, the story I HAD was from years ago, when I was originally going to make a completely top down (Not just 3/4, completely) Zelda game with the same name and story, so I just pulled it from that.

Also, I redid the title screen again, and...

When you press Enter, there's a flash of lightning, which I thought would be neat, since it's raining and all.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 02:57:57 am by TDWP FTW »
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2011, 03:42:31 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Also, I redid the title screen again, and...

When you press Enter, there's a flash of lightning, which I thought would be neat, since it's raining and all.

Wow, you deserve an award, sir. I haven't seen anyone use graphics design and graphical effects like you do. At least not in any Zelda fan game that I've played (and I've played roughly 40, lol).
Rain and flashes of lightning can really draw a person into a game if used correctly. Personally, I love RPGs that make proper use of having rain/thunder/lightning to create such an awesome atmosphere and a grabbing plot. If you can properly use atmosphere to reflect character's emotions and situations (or to create situations), then your story will be something that people will love and remember as one of those good RPG stories. Your game may even become a "legend" of Zelda among Zelda fans (..probably failed at the pun I just tried to tell). I think you've got what it takes. Beautiful game. It's currently my favorite Zelda fan game, just to let you know. Which is really saying something because there are some amazing Zelda fan games in the works right now. Everyone has done very well and ZFGC is totally taking the trophy for best Zelda at NCFC this year. :P
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 03:44:49 am by Frozenç‚Ž »
  • My Music

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Path of Revelation
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2011, 04:13:07 am »
  • Forstride Productions
When you say ZFGC is taking the trophy for NCFC, what do you mean?  All but 3 of the games are by people from ZFGC, and we're pretty much all friendly rivals as well.  Honestly, I'm rooting for King Tetiro and Chiming Bell, as he's been able to create a smooth engine (For the most part), add in a decent story from the looks of it, and have a full demo up to the end of his first dungeon by now.

Also, thanks for the kind words and support.  I'm not going to give up on this game, and I definitely want to, and plan on finishing it.  A lot of Zelda fan game creators that people seem to love usually stop not even half-way through, for whatever reason(s) they have.  A lot of people seem to like my game, and I feel like if I ever stopped completely, I'd be letting down the fans, the community, and myself.

EDIT: Left out some other stuff I wanted to say...It's almost surprising that people really like my game as much as they do.  When I look at other fan games, for instance, Crystal of Gidna, I just think "Wow, there's no way I'll ever be able to make my game as good or even better as it."  I constantly try to improve my game, whether it be minor things like different kinds of plants in areas, rather than just bushes and tall grass, or major things, like new gameplay mechanics, items, etc.

IDK, I guess since I'm always working on it, testing it, etc., I get too used to the game, and it starts to feel dull to me, so I go and add something new.  I mean, there's no limit to how much I can improve, and there will always be room for improvement, as no fan game is pefect, especially not mine.  Like, when I look at my HUD, it looks boring to me, and I feel as though I could do so much better, but then I go and get feedback, and people love it.  It's just hard to come to a half-way point between fans liking something, and then liking something myself.

EDIT2: Forgot to mention, the lightning flash is also in-game.  I added a new weather effect for storms, where it gets a bit darker than it does during rain (Actually, it doesn't get any darker during rain, as I just picture that rain as rain showers), and there's flashes of lightning/thunder.  I also added rain sounds, so it loops when it's raining or storming.  I'm not sure what other weather effects I should add, as I've pretty much added all the main ones (Rainy, Stormy, Snowy, Sunny, Cloudy, Foggy).  I love improving the atmosphere of the game as much as possible, so if anyone else has some global weather suggestions (As opposed to things like sandstorms which I will be adding to the Dustbird Desert), feel free to list them, and I'll try my best to add them.

EDIT3: Lol.  I just keep thinking of more things I want to say.  The graphical design/effects thing you mentioned...I try not to limit myself to 16/32-bit limitations, or rather, I don't try to limit myself to common 2D game mechanics/gameplay.  If I actually knew how to use 3D, or even a better programming language, it'd probably still be the same as it is now, just in 3D and whatnot.  I prefer 2D games as well, as I feel more emotion, atmosphere, and feeling can be put into a 2D game, as opposed to a 3D game.  I just think 2D games look a lot nicer as well.  Sadly, the current generation of gaming is all about 3D, and it's rare to find good 2D games, as developers that DO make 2D games are typically either indie developers (Not that that's bad, as there are a ton of great 2D games), or developers that make shovelware.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 04:27:16 am by TDWP FTW »
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2011, 12:54:38 pm »
Those new screens look cool :)
Nubcake now uses Purebasic!

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2011, 04:05:49 am »
  • Forstride Productions
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I won Best of Zelda at NCFC 2011!  I'm honored, and I'm surprised I won tight butthole.  Congrats to everyone else who entered in NCFC, cause you're all winners in spirit.    ;)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2011, 11:16:10 am »
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I won Best of Zelda at NCFC 2011!  I'm honored, and I'm surprised I won tight butthole.  Congrats to everyone else who entered in NCFC, cause you're all winners in spirit.    ;)

That is so bloody cheesy you could make a cheesecake out of it.

Here's something I don't understand. How come your game wasn't reviewed? I would've done it but my cold got even worse.
  • Phoenix Heart

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2011, 06:00:25 pm »
  • Forstride Productions
Lol.  I'm not sure why no one reviewed it.  DJYoshiman said it might have something to do with the fact that it's a tech demo, but you can still give tech demos actual reviews.

EDIT: Well, I spent today polishing the game, along with adding some enemies/creatures.  Some of the things I added include Cuccos, Wizzrobes, and Beamos.  I also added proper "hurt" animations along with push-back when you get damaged.  Gonna add a bunch of other enemies tomorrow, then add the remaining four items (Four instead of two, since Bomb/Fire Arrows are being moved to equipment...The other two are Magic Powder and the Shovel, from, LTTP), and the rest of the equipment.  Once that's done, I'll release the final demo, and there won't be another one until early next year or so.

I'm going to be taking a 2 month break next month and during December, to relax, but mainly since there's quite a few games coming out then, including MW3, which I'll be playing the hell out of.  :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:19:35 am by TDWP FTW »
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2011, 07:05:11 pm »
Winning an award at The Nintendo Community Fangame Convention 2011 should be more than enough motivation to continue this work.  :)
Games that I support:

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2011, 11:43:21 pm »
  • Forstride Productions
It definitely is.  I'm almost finished with equipment BTW.  In addition to the arrow and sword types, you'll be able to select which pictobox upgrade you want to use in the Equipment menu as well.  Just in case people want to take the grainy black and white photos after they've unlocked the other two upgrades and whatnot.

Then I'll just need to add the Anchor, Ice Shards, Magic Powder, and Shovel, which shouldn't be too hard.  Expect the demo Friday or so (Possibly sooner, maybe even later).
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2011, 04:58:33 pm »
Why would Link need an Anchor anyway?
Games that I support:

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2011, 06:37:06 pm »
  • Forstride Productions
Why would Link need an Anchor anyway?
It's an item-equivalent to the Iron Boots.  My friend had the idea for it, and I thought it was pretty original.  You find it outside the Sunken Grotto (The water temple in my game), and use it to get into the temple, as well as puzzles inside of it.

EDIT:  Decided to make new snow and rain overlays, as well as add in a sand storm overlay I found on here, since there's nothing else to do at 6 AM.  XD

The snow-fall looks really good IMO, as it's somewhat slow, and has a relaxed feel to it.  The rain is meh, and I probably could've done better, so I'll do another version later (It's 6 AM, and I need to get to sleep.  :p).  I also need to add droplets splashing like the LTTP rain overlay has (I might just go back to that if I can find an animation that has the correct frames, as the one I was using was pretty weird).

As for the sandstorm effect, it's not going to be in that area of the desert (I just put it there for testing, since it's the only area of the desert I have mapped out so far).  It'll be in the Mirage Maze, which is basically like the Lost Woods, but more complex, and in the desert.  It's a somewhat optional area, as you only go there if you get "lost" in the desert, which is going to be pretty big.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:30:35 pm by TDWP FTW »
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2011, 12:09:28 pm »
Heeeellooooo, that looks good!

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2011, 06:54:58 pm »
  • Forstride Productions
Heeeellooooo, that looks good!
Thanks!

Just a little update about the update.  I'm probably not going to have it done until next week, as I got kind of busy with other stuff this week, and I'm hanging out with some friends over the weekend, and going to the MW3 midnight launch Monday night and probably playing all day Tuesday.

I polished up the rain (Added random rain drop splashes), finished adding the two items (Magic Powder and Shovel), and now I just have to add the rest of the equipment.
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2011, 07:08:37 pm »
I like that snowy screenshot !
Nubcake now uses Purebasic!

Koh

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2011, 05:03:45 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
I'd like to start by saying the trailer looks amazing :).  There are a few issues that I'd like to point out, that'll hopefully help you get them resolved:
-Several of Link's animations are not aligned properly.
-When Items are "released" from a destroyed bush, they should bounce a little, and for an added effect, you could even make them fly off slightly away from Link, due to the force applied to the destroyed bush.
-Some of the items could be revamped a little to fit the LTTP style a little better :).
That is all, keep on improving.
  • Megaclipse Games
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 74 queries.

anything