Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] Crystalline River - Quick explanation from infini on last page  (Read 30852 times)

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
Re: Crystalline River - Brought To You By Binary...
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2006, 12:02:35 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
w00t guys I hold the first screenshot of CR!!!

I feel so lucky  :dance:

cool concept art though!

lol, not really a screenshot. Just me messing around / testing out parts of the engine, specifically the process manager, which I must say kicks ass. It allows you to chain together different processes then associated them with one another. eg.

Code: [Select]
OpenDoorProcess()->WalkThroughDoorProcess()->CloseDoorProcess();

or in the case of that hampster test.

Code: [Select]
Hampster1Dance()->Hampster2Dance()->Hampster3Dance()->Hampster4Dance()->Hampster5Dance()->Hampster6Dance();

I know accidentally posted the wrong image at first *Tells helios to look at post now*

>.>, I can assure you It dosen't look like that XD.

Aww why not helios? I would play it if it looked like this, its fantastic.. what's the problem? do you hate hamsters? racist meanie.. :P

have you guys gotten some actual gameplay out? or is it still the roots of the engine?
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2006, 01:09:08 pm »
have you guys gotten some actual gameplay out? or is it still the roots of the engine?
As I've said I won't be giving any details out about that kind of thing yet :P. But seeing as this has been in the works for a good part of the last year you can probably estimate where we are.
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2006, 10:22:18 pm »
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2006, 10:26:45 pm »

So, I'm working on the graphics right now for CR. These will probably end up changing in the end though. It's all custom graphics btw, and the character there was done by Adarias for us.

^^Just figured I'd show some other stuff off.
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2006, 10:40:18 pm »
  • =/
 If I was to steal those graphics and use them in a game, then sell the game, would you sue? I've always wanted to get sued from an Indie developer.....
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2006, 10:54:27 pm »
If I was to steal those graphics and use them in a game, then sell the game, would you sue? I've always wanted to get sued from an Indie developer.....
Yes. Just so you know, a lot of my extended family are solicitors.

Besides that would just be plain wrong >.>, seriously from an indie? Are you that much of a moral sespit?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:07:38 pm by Helios »

Phantom Kensai

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2006, 11:26:15 pm »
... O.O ...

Whoa. This sounds awesome! If I read it correctly, you're making your own program to make this? Cool! ^_^ Can't wait to see it in action!
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2006, 11:30:36 pm »
... O.O ...

Whoa. This sounds awesome! If I read it correctly, you're making your own program to make this? Cool! ^_^ Can't wait to see it in action!
Glad you like it :). And yes I am making my own SDK (its almost done to whoope) and engine, everything is custom (even the graphics and audio systems XD) and it will be on commercial license after this game is done.

Besides if you know anything about my history you will know I always create my own progs :), I hate point-and-click stuff with a vengance.
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2006, 01:25:11 am »
woah! amazing screenshot, you should add some clouds as a layer that would pwn :D apart from that good luck!! and I didn't knew you were making the program to create that game :D!!

Phantom Kensai

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2006, 02:55:09 am »
Erm...there were screenshots? Oh yeah, there were. Duh.  :P

Anyways, when are yeh planning to finish it?
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2006, 02:56:36 am »
  • =/
Yes. Just so you know, a lot of my extended family are solicitors.

Besides that would just be plain wrong >.>, seriously from an indie? Are you that much of a moral sespit?
I wouldn't do it anyway (Couldn't afford the lawsuit and I'm not that much of an !@#$%.) , especially if you have in family lawyers.......

The graphics themselves look amazing but the straight green background looks a bit weird compared to the detailed tiles around it.
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2006, 10:32:14 am »
Actually they are not really screenshots more us playing around with the editor / making mockups. But it gives you a general idea of the graphical theme

Dunno, not for a while yet though.

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2006, 02:53:52 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
Dunno, not for a while yet though.

They've only been working on it for about a year, it's all completely custom, all the way down to the engine itself. When this project is finished it could be sold. You're gonna have to be waiting for awhile if you want to see this one complete but I'm sure at this rate helios and the BP team are on top of it and this game will be complete.

Nice mock up though guys! Still doesn't beat my concept screen...XD
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2006, 10:49:33 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Well I've been lucky enough to test the Fusion SDK and I must say it's really astonishing. Helios has been really careful of what he has been doing for the past year (if not more), and I've been having several GTalk chats with him, talking about how Fusion's development was going. I must say his dedication is one of a kind, of all the programmers present at ZFGC, I don't think there is one that could even try to compare his level to Helios (maybe aab). Fusion SDK is just a part of the whole Fusion project, and CR is running off the Fusion engine.

Anyway, as I was saying testing the unknown is always fun, and it's a tool I wasn't very acknowledged with, meaning I've never worked with an SDK, so I was a complete n00b of how it was supposed to be used. After a few tries, I couldn't work out any of the numerous features, so Helios gave me a hand. For the time being the SDK is still in huge WIP so it lacks features and details, but well it was fun to test nevertheless. I managed to create a small map with a nice grassy background, and added some text on top of that. The text feature is plainly awesome. The quality is always there, wether you edit a simple script or you want to add an entity to your map, everything is done in a professional manner. I really can't wait to see the final product and really start messing around with the tool, it'll be very interesting.

Anyways, keep up the good job!
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2006, 03:52:47 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
It looks really good. I honestly hope you finish it! If this get's finished it will be the first full-fledged creation on zfgc.
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2006, 09:21:34 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Wow, no one's posted in this topic for a while.  Let me just say: this is fantabulous, and I'm excited for this and I'm excited for the fusion editor (I promise Helios, I'll get that .NET framework working for me) along with all the rest of the Binary Phoenix products!

You're freakin' awesome.
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2006, 10:24:46 pm »
*whistles* Bump.

Hehe, just thought I may as well drop in and tell you that this is still going as strong as ever. If a little slower, due to college and such (w00t, Army interview on friday) getting in the way.

Anyway heres a new SS of the editor to show off the new graphics style and interface.

(I've red'ed out the tileset so you can't steal it [easily]).

I'm still drowning in bugs, but its getting there!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 10:31:19 pm by Helios »

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2006, 07:28:00 pm »
  • hungry..
Looks like it's going really well Helios. Your progress looks awesome, keep it up :)
  • My Blog

Valenmar

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2006, 10:15:05 pm »
Okay, this looks...AWESOME! The graphics look so smooth and beautiful. It would be great if you could port it to PSP or DS after your done with the PC version, or at least use the XNA framework and put it on Live Arcade for the xbox.  It just would be cool seeing this game portable.  Whats it being coded in anyway lol?
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2006, 10:20:28 pm »
Okay, this looks...AWESOME! The graphics look so smooth and beautiful. It would be great if you could port it to PSP or DS after your done with the PC version, or at least use the XNA framework and put it on Live Arcade for the xbox.  It just would be cool seeing this game portable.  Whats it being coded in anyway lol?

C#, probably won't be ported, but we shall see :).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 74 queries.