Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jack Thompson accuses Bully of same-sex relationship in the game  (Read 1583 times)

Jack Thompson accuses Bully of same-sex relation...
« on: October 24, 2006, 03:19:26 am »
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160340.html

Bully's boy-on-boy scenes causing a stir
Rockstar's latest lets players experiment with same-sex make-out sessions; ESRB says that content was considered in assigning the game a T-for-Teen rating.

Rockstar Games' Bully has been the subject of controversy since it was first announced more than a year ago. The game shipped to retail last week after a failed 11th-hour attempt by Florida lawyer Jack Thompson to have it banned.

However, the controversy surrounding the game might not be over with just yet. In navigating the angst-filled halls of Bullworth Academy as 15-year-old Jimmy Hopkins, players can participate in some extracurricular tonsil hockey with significant others. But while these significant others are typically female, there's at least one other boy in the game whom Jimmy can successfully court, as documented by this in-game video from GameBrink.

The Entertainment Software Rating Board surprised some people last month when it issued a T-for-Teen rating for the game. The content descriptors listed for the game on the ESRB's Web site are crude humor, language, use of alcohol and tobacco, violence, and sexual themes. When asked about the boy-on-boy make-out sessions, the ESRB told GameSpot, "That content was considered in the assignment of the rating."

Thompson addressed ESRB president Patricia Vance in an e-mail he claimed to have sent to "every major news organization in America and the UK," as well as a host of lawmakers and industry representatives.

"Dear Ms. Vance," Thompson wrote, "We just found gay sexual content in Bully, as Jimmy Hopkins makes out with another male student. Good luck with your 'Teen' rating now, Patty."

A representative from Bully publisher Take-Two had not responded to a request for comment as of press time.

Wow, thompson is sure grasping at straws now.

I didn't know kissing needed a worse then rating then teen

Oh wait, it's boy on boy kissing, IS DA DEVIL!!!!

Re: Jack Thompson accuses Bully of same-sex rela...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 09:00:25 am »
Why doesnt Jack just give the hell up?
the a o d c
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 09:29:42 am »
[evil]*Hopes that a Truck hits Jack Thompson*[/evil]
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 11:27:21 am »
!@#$% homophobe psycho

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 02:39:34 pm »
!@#$% homophobe psycho
Just what I was about to say. How can he be such a dickhead and assume the rating will be changed due to men making out with men? That guy needs a life. Or to get laid.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 06:39:33 pm »
!@#$% homophobe psycho
Just what I was about to say. How can he be such a dickhead and assume the rating will be changed due to men making out with men? That guy needs a life. Or to get laid.
I'm thinking the latter.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 06:48:10 pm »
  • Lurking With Style
Looks like Tompson himself is in trouble right now: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6160347.html?sid=6160347

Serves 'im right.

As for the boy-on-boy kissing, I don't see why that's any worse than a 'teen' rating. Not like there's an explicit content in there.
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 07:15:51 pm »
I wish that Jack Thompson did something usefull, like closing Rockstar and its awfully stupid !@#$% games.
After that he could be accused and went to jail, or something that I don't care about.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 07:36:44 pm »
  • b e p i s
I don't really give a !@#$% what Jack does anymore...I'm 17 and already got a copy of Bully anyway :P It's a fine game, he's old-fashioned, !@#$% him.

Ricky, play before you judge. Bully is fantastic.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 08:21:45 pm »
Jack Thompson is the countries !@#$%. Seriously. People like him are what makes North Korea want to create nukes and bomb us.
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 08:31:21 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
I don't really give a poo what Jack does anymore...I'm 17 and already got a copy of Bully anyway :P It's a fine game, he's old-fashioned, funk him.

I think he's basing that off of every other game that RockStar made. GTA, GTA2, GTA3, GTAVC, GTAA, GTASA, GTALCS and GTAVCS. All they make are the medicore GTA games that every casual gamer plays because they can be a criminal, and overshadows great games that go almost completley unnoticed. I think the gaming world would be better off without RockStar and their crappy games, but I don't think they should be banned for content like Jack does. If Jack was sayng they're evil because their games suck I'd back him up, but he's having a shitfit because RockStar sells a product that has and warns the buyer about the content that may not be appropriate for kids.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 09:02:02 pm »
I don't really give a poo what Jack does anymore...I'm 17 and already got a copy of Bully anyway :P It's a fine game, he's old-fashioned, funk him.

I think he's basing that off of every other game that RockStar made. GTA, GTA2, GTA3, GTAVC, GTAA, GTASA, GTALCS and GTAVCS. All they make are the medicore GTA games that every casual gamer plays because they can be a criminal, and overshadows great games that go almost completley unnoticed. I think the gaming world would be better off without RockStar and their crappy games, (...)
Yea, however, I may still haven't played Bully - but I already know what's it about (And that's enough for me), I mean... what's the fun in being a bully - they're all block-heads, and think they're the best - until they get their ass-kicked (and really, that rules xD - oh, the nostalgia xP)

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 02:18:16 am »
  • b e p i s

I think he's basing that off of every other game that RockStar made. GTA, GTA2, GTA3, GTAVC, GTAA, GTASA, GTALCS and GTAVCS. All they make are the medicore GTA games that every casual gamer plays because they can be a criminal, and overshadows great games that go almost completley unnoticed. I think the gaming world would be better off without RockStar and their crappy games, (...)
Yea, however, I may still haven't played Bully - but I already know what's it about (And that's enough for me), I mean... what's the fun in being a bully - they're all block-heads, and think they're the best - until they get their ass-kicked (and really, that rules xD - oh, the nostalgia xP)

It's actually about way more than that. Check the wiki if you don't believe me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bully

Definitely way better than GTA imo
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Fox

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 02:39:02 pm »

You judged the game's plot by the title, dude. Dat ain't good, yo. Rockstar makes kick-ass games with an actual and clutching story. You should really check out some games, you're gonna like it, believe me. :)

Edit: Dude, just for YOU, I made this little banner. FOX-APPROVED! Rated C for Kool.

The FA-Banner tells you that this
product is worth to be checked out.

They've probably stuck a hot coffee mod in there somewhere... >_> <_<
PWN'd.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 03:06:31 pm by Fox »
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 02:42:56 pm »
Rockstar makes kick-ass games with an actual and clutching story

Wait so you mean GTA isn't just about stealing cars and killing people?

Sheeeeeeeeeit!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 03:04:53 pm »
They've probably stuck a hot coffee mod in there somewhere... >_> <_<

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 03:48:09 pm »
  • hungry..
Hopefully.
  • My Blog

Fox

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 04:05:12 pm »
Rockstar makes kick-ass games with an actual and clutching story

Wait so you mean GTA isn't just about stealing cars and killing people?

Sheeeeeeeeeit!
Yepp, sorry to tell you. >:
  • Me on deviantART
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 71 queries.

anything