Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mashup Cliffs - MC style  (Read 3844 times)

Mashup Cliffs - MC style
« on: August 08, 2015, 07:33:17 am »
  • It's just Max.
So I like Minish Cap style a bunch, but the cliffs have never done it for me. They look like a wedding cake for a couple devoted to terraforming when you try to do more than one two-tile level, and they don't have many options for meeting in with each other. Mt. Crenel  I guess actually did do what I'm talking about but the Arizona slot canyon vibe doesn't work the best in Hyrule field and I've never happened to have a good tile set for those cliffs.

So for a while I've wanted to give Minish Cap style cliffs a makeover so they could function more like Gameboy cliffs, which are the ultimate cliffs for variety in height and connectivity without taking up miles of space like Link to the Past's. In my opinion. Finally have the confidence/time this month to futz with it, this is my first go at it. As far as I can think, the only tiles missing to do everything Gameboy cliffs do is the top edge of when you're on a mountain. And maybe some random short edges of where cliffs slope into the flat ground, but that can be done in a slightly different manner here by turning the cliffs north/south to meet the ground instead of east/west (if that makes any sense).

So, this is draft one, I'd really love feedback on what could be improved or if I'm missing some tiles here. And feel free to use these for anything if you want :D

Re: Mashup Cliffs - MC style
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 09:11:52 am »
  • Just call me Brad
DUDE! That is awesome!  It is way better than the original.
It reminds me of the Echoes of Aurelia cliffs!

Just an FYI, the pictures you sent are corrupted. What I mean with corrupted it that they are not "clean", they have a lot of pixelated stuff going of that souldnĀ“t be there.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 10:41:22 am by Spritonic »

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 02:15:42 pm »
  • Idk
Just an FYI, the pictures you sent are corrupted. What I mean with corrupted it that they are not "clean", they have a lot of pixelated stuff going of that souldnĀ“t be there.
That's because it's saved as a .JPG, to avoid that .PNG or .BMP is the way to go.

It's a good start but it looks more like bubbles than rocks and that is because of the highlights. The perspective in MC is 3/4, darker palette on the bottom and lighter as you go up. I did a reeeeeeally quick example on what I mean.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 04:39:32 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Shoot. Didn't realize the program exported as a jpg, its some silly little iPad app cause I'm traveling. I'll have to figure out how to work around that.

Sinkin, I get what you mean. I've got a little area of darker space near the bottom, maybe 10 pixels ish. I'm trying to have a 3 tile cliff where the middle can repeat as much as you need for however high. any ideas how to make it grade darker but still be adjustable height?
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 05:12:13 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Shoot. Didn't realize the program exported as a jpg, its some silly little iPad app cause I'm traveling. I'll have to figure out how to work around that.

Sinkin, I get what you mean. I've got a little area of darker space near the bottom, maybe 10 pixels ish. I'm trying to have a 3 tile cliff where the middle can repeat as much as you need for however high. any ideas how to make it grade darker but still be adjustable height?

since it is a 3 tilecliff, the last one should be the darker one from the top down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 44 queries.

anything