Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEMO] (Pre-Production, Unity pg.12) 3D-LoZ: Goddess of Darkness/闇の女神  (Read 59596 times)

Re: [DEMO] (Pre-Production, Unity pg.12) 3D-LoZ:...
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2011, 12:22:49 am »
Hey people, sorry I have been very absent from the community but some things came up which slow down my development time.

As of now I am currently working on a different game for the iPhone due to life problems and financial needs.
I have a job now and am trying to change my future and career and once I am done with this game I plan to resume development of this game.

The good thing is I learned a lot of new techniques, modeling standards, material techniques, rigging, animation and so much more that I can use in this project.
Unity3D as a game engine has improved drastically and immensely since I last used it for my Zelda project.

I am far more accustomed to modeling, texturing, UVW Mapping, rigging and animation within 3D Studio Max that I feel very confident I can do this.
With the amount of video tutorials and industry techniques by professionals I have seen, my 3D knowledge as a whole has drastically improved.

Now that I know some new techniques, tricks and ideas I can work on this project even FASTER and more efficient.

I may take breaks from my new project and work on the Zelda project... I have been craving wanting to finish this game for a while now :3

If you people want to see my improved work, please visit my portfolio:
http://janetmerai.byethost7.com - Personal portfolio site
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/janetmerai
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair
« Reply #181 on: November 27, 2011, 01:11:51 pm »
Hey people, its me again :3

I'm informing you all I had a major overhaul idea for this game in terms of the style.

Instead of retro 1999 graphics and model limits, I will use the model from Smash Brothers Melee, of Adult Link, to cut down on production time and instead rigging him too.

Levels will be referenced from the actual game but modeled on my own.

Anyway, I have yet to start on this project again as I have been busy working on my skill-set as an artist, but I assure you this game will be finished whether I have to borrow Nintendo's models or not :3

Most likely Link will be the only character I will rip from Smash Bros Melee.
I opted for Brawl's Adult Link but wanted to keep the style consistent with Ocarina of Time's chosen style and design.

Anyway, I will update you all later as I am working on my own game and plan to incorporate the template for the Zelda fan-game.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/janetmerai
I have some work that you can see in the mean-time :3
Game Designer and Artist

« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2011, 10:54:05 pm »
Looking forward to seeing some new screenshots!

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2011, 10:57:18 pm »
Good to see your return Janet!
I hope we'll get some screenshots that are so sweet!

How goes the programming?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2011, 02:34:26 am »
I have no screenshots on me because I haven't really started anything yet.

So far, the only thing I ever did was begin a project years before in DX Studio until me and the programmer at the time realized the software was so buggy we couldn't even proceed because the jumping physics and other things were just too problematic.

Since then, I haven't heard from that programmer in years now, even today.
Not only that, but I abandoned DX Studio and moved to Unity3D permanently.

To be honest, not much work was done in DX Studio at all, just some few animations and testing particular things like Ruppee collecting and some animation and blending techniques, plus treasure chest opening.

Not much was done at all and I intend to use the uScript asset from an external developer apart from Unity.
uScript allows me to make a game without programming, so I find it easier to make a game with it :3

No, I am not a programmer by any means, I can't stand programming and I enjoy uScript (detoxstudios.com or uscript.net) to be able to make my games :3
I know some programmers lurking here may be turned off or even put off and have an egotistical point of view about it not being true to programming.

Thing is, I am not a programmer, so please leave those types of ideas to yourself, thank you :3

Since a ton of fans of my fan-game have assumed I am a programmer, here is a basic summary of what I only do with game development:

3D Modeling
UVW Mapping
Textures
Rigging
Animation
Cut-scenes
Art Direction (Art Director)
Event Creation (uScript)
Game Design
Story Creation
GDD (Game Design Documentation)
Character and other stuff Design
Lighting
Rendering
Overall game structure (Making sure the structure and planning allows the targeted device or platform to run on it)
Q&A (Basically, making sure its as bug free as possible)
Overall Direction (Making sure the story and art direction compliment one another)

I'm sure you get the idea now :3

And like I said before, I am not a programmer and I know the hardcore programmers may be upset with it.
But as I said, I utilize uScript because it helps me make a game, not waste time on skills I don't need :3

If you are a programmer and become either angry or put off by my decision, feel free to just don't make it a problem here... who likes a troll anyway? XD
Game Designer and Artist

thestig

« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2011, 02:39:36 am »
Well... if this helps, you could always look into the Blender Game Engine which would probably be an ideal solution for you given that it integrates so nicely into Blender. I believe it's scripted with python, but honestly... I can't be sure.
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2011, 02:45:08 am »
I spent nearly a year looking into game engines, evaluating and making difficult decisions long ago and still keep informed about a lot of engines.

Blender sucks in my opinion and Unity3D is far better than Blender in my opinion... period.
Still, I do not imply Blender is bad or sucks for anyone other than me and my personal opinion :3

I use Unity3D, that is my decision :3
Game Designer and Artist

thestig

« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2011, 02:53:54 am »
I spent nearly a year looking into game engines, evaluating and making difficult decisions long ago and still keep informed about a lot of engines.

Blender sucks in my opinion and Unity3D is far better than Blender in my opinion... period.
Still, I do not imply Blender is bad or sucks for anyone other than me and my personal opinion :3

I use Unity3D, that is my decision :3
Ahh... I didn't quite see that for some reason. o_o Well, Unity3D works just as good, so yeah. :P As long as you have a stable base to work off of.
« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2011, 03:38:15 am »
Thank you for the concern, I will provide screenshots when I have content and media to show off :3
Game Designer and Artist

« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2011, 05:11:38 am »
Is this using the Unity engine?
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2011, 06:27:58 am »
It will be yes :3

I have to re-do the structure because it was made for DX Studio long ago.
Game Designer and Artist

« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2013, 06:51:09 am »
I just wanted to inform all of you that I have not given up on this project at all, but I have made significant changes to the story and artwork.

For one, this fan-game will be entirely different than it was last time, however it will include a form of the Unicorn Fountain but not in the same way I had planned it to be.

The other thing is, this game does not take place in any of the official Nintendo storylines or plots, it is entirely original but it does have significant nostalgic elements and things that make up the Zelda we all know and love.

My biggest inspiration is the newest games for Zelda these days, I feel they are stepping back and just trying to featurize everything and lack original content or anything interesting at all.
The game I will make will be fun and immersed, I feel the latest official Zelda games have been lacking that lately.

I feel having the game set in Wind Waker style would be fun, I enjoy the cartoony and anime-like feel it gives, plus the development for the models would be easy to make and textures would be a breeze for me.
My goal is light development as I cannot keep making this game a blockbuster hit, but a one-hit wonder.

Goal:

Unity will be the game engine of choice.
My first goal is to use the Wind Waker model of Link, I just don't have the time to make a model of Link on my own in my financial and living situation.
Temporarily use a model of a stage used in Wind Waker and get a Zelda like camera system going, the official Wind Waker level models will not be used in my game, they are stand-in and temporary until I get a good system going.

More soon...

No screenshots or a demo as of yet, but I will try to get something going in the near future.
Game Designer and Artist

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 62 queries.

anything