Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Hero's Shade concepts  (Read 4394 times)

[Submission] Hero's Shade concepts
« on: December 07, 2015, 11:03:27 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I did these a while ago but never posted them. I think my thought was "I'm gonna get back to this and do some more," but that never really happened so I figured I'd put this up here. Anyway, we should start thinking about what the Hero's Shade looks like at some point. He's kind of a difficult one, because he should look at first like he could be a bad guy, but once you realize he's an old incarnation of Link you should be like, oh, his appearance still makes sense. His past is that he was the hero, and (presumably) after defeating Ganon or something, he kept living his life, probably as a knight of some sort. He's been brought back since Ganon is up to more shenanigans.

I was trying out various helmets from Darknuts and Iron Knuckles and such. It's probably pretty apparent that I like the scarf thing- I thought it looked pretty dope in Hyrule Warriors and wanted to carry it forward. I also played a little with the idea of his sword being broken, which would be kinda cool I think. I steered away from a straight up skull face for some reason, but I feel like that could work too.

Feedback?

Re: [Submission] Hero's Shade concepts
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 12:14:23 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Looks badass!! it kinda reminds me of the four sword Darknut. Maybe use that as a base for the sprite?

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: [Submission] Hero's Shade concepts
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 04:44:49 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Take some inspiration from the Knights from FSA, as well. Oh, and the Darknuts/Iron Knuckles(?) from Four Swords (GBA), too.

In the meanwhile, I'll dummy up some sprites to try to get that feel...
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 43 queries.

anything