Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: So I just bought a 3DS...  (Read 3271 times)

thestig

So I just bought a 3DS...
« on: July 10, 2012, 02:04:46 am »
...And I love it. I waited a year to jump in the 3DSers pool to wait for some new titles to come out and I must say, I'm glad I did! OOT3D, love it. The virtual console? I love it. I probably am a fool for spending money on remakes and "legitimate" emulators? But I don't care, I'm so far loving the purchase made. :D It's just a shame there's no Pokemon or very many RPGs on the 3ds. =\ Oh, and the 3D effect works fairly good for me. I thought I was one of those people who couldn't see it, but I guess my drunkeness from when I first saw a 3DS played a role in being unable to see 3D properly. XD But yeah, the 3D's still a gimmick to me. But the system and its software library seems rather superb.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for 3DS games that are out/are coming out?

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
Re: So I just bought a 3DS...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 02:10:46 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
Super Mario 3D Land for one. It's literally the best Mario game I've played since '64, although it's a bit on the short side.

Tales of The Abyss is a pretty awesome if you like RPG's and Star Fox 64 3D, like OoT 3D, is the deinitive version of the game.

And for games coming out theres Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario: Sticker Star Story, and Animal Crossing 3D (no release date). But yeah, 3DS is awesome.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 01:34:45 pm »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
You'll here no argument from me Malon :D
I'm sure the new Smash Bros will be great once it comes out sometime in the future (probably late next year or early '14)
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 08:15:26 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
you should have waited a few more months and gotten the 3ds XL.. oh well :P

add me as a friend and ill add you as friend.. the same goes for anyone else who has one :D

also, kingdom hearts 3ds comes out the end of this month if you are into that. mario kart 7 is pretty good, and kid icarus.. those are my recommendations other than the ones already posted.

and if you get pokemon, ill take you on :P or anyone for that matter.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:17:59 pm by Crim »
  • Crim is Pro!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 08:39:56 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Well Pilotwings Resort is pretty cool, and there's always Theatrhythm and Rhythm Thief if you're in the mood for some music games. Kid Icarus: Uprising is a must (great sense of humor), and if you want a Diablo-esque lootfest, the recently released Heroes of Ruin could work.

I'm waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3D, which comes out soon.

In terms of downloadables, I recommend getting Pushmo, Ketzal's Corridors, Mutant Mudds, VVVVVV (if you haven't played it before, or have and want a portable version), and Art of Balance Touch! (if you like puzzle games).

Oh, and all WayForward games (Mighty series and Shantae). Also the original Shantae has passed the ESRB again and is ready for a VC release, so be patient for that one if you played it before or want to.

As for future releases, there's the aforementioned Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon this holiday season, and Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem: Awakening coming sometime next year.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:41:40 pm by Mirby »

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

thestig

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 08:54:37 pm »
Heroes of Ruin, huh? And yeah I am waiting for KH3D to come out too. I want to play Shantae (actually been waiting to play that game since its beta leaked out)!

And Crim, I won't be able to touch my 3DS in a few months because I'm doing 18 credit hours in the fall lol. Which saddens me. :(
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 08:56:20 pm »
  • It's the grineer
I'm praying to God that if a sequel to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn will be out, to not be for the 3DS. That would be the only reason for me to buy a 3DS. Anyway, I think that there are a lot of good games. And in case that the sequel is out, wouldn't it be cool to play Golden Sun in 3D?

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 03:48:50 am »
  • I'm Pro!
I'm praying to God that if a sequel to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn will be out, to not be for the 3DS. That would be the only reason for me to buy a 3DS. Anyway, I think that there are a lot of good games. And in case that the sequel is out, wouldn't it be cool to play Golden Sun in 3D?

if another golden sun comes out, i don't care what platform it is.. im buying it. im preordering the instant a rumor pops up lol.. but in seriousness if there is one, it better be more challenging. dark dawn was fantastic, but not tough enough.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 01:46:27 pm »
I found Four Swords AE a really good game, although I don't know if it is still available or download. For the rest I enjoyed Kid Icarus and Sonic Generations a lot. I hear Mario Kart 7 is a good game.

I also advice NOT to snd your money on Super Mario 3D Land. you can probably finh within a day. And I mean completely finish it. It took me a couple of months, because I put it down due to boredom. This game is so ridiculous easy that it becomes boring. I have bought a lot of mediocre games in my time, but this is the first one I have regretted buying.

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 05:09:37 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
I found Four Swords AE a really good game, although I don't know if it is still available or download. For the rest I enjoyed Kid Icarus and Sonic Generations a lot. I hear Mario Kart 7 is a good game.

I also advice NOT to snd your money on Super Mario 3D Land. you can probably finh within a day. And I mean completely finish it. It took me a couple of months, because I put it down due to boredom. This game is so ridiculous easy that it becomes boring. I have bought a lot of mediocre games in my time, but this is the first one I have regretted buying.

4 swords is not free anymore. that ended February i believe. mario kart 7 is actually really good. to me its as good, if not better than mario kart wii.

super mario 3d land is a good game. short? well, depends. did you collect all the coins, all the extra stages, and even special stages? cause i wouldn't really call it that short. id say beat it in 2 days if you play it a lot.
  • Crim is Pro!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 08:13:50 pm »

4 swords is not free anymore. that ended February i believe. mario kart 7 is actually really good. to me its as good, if not better than mario kart wii.

super mario 3d land is a good game. short? well, depends. did you collect all the coins, all the extra stages, and even special stages? cause i wouldn't really call it that short. id say beat it in 2 days if you play it a lot.
Considering he said "completely finish" I think that's exactly what he meant.

Also I don't think FSAE is available at all anymore. Searching for "four swords" and "zelda" on the eshop does not reveal it. I'll see if I can find a QR code for it, though I doubt that will help.

• Mirby Studios

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 09:02:58 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
i see. i'm maybe halfway through just the levels. (not trying for 100% with coins, and stuff) and i have already put in 21 hours.

i would suggest getting it if you liked super mario bros. 3 and mario 64.

and im positive the zelda 4 swords ended back in february or somewhere around there.
  • Crim is Pro!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 12:16:32 am »
Yeah, it became permanently unavailable on February 20, 2012.

Also New Super Mario Bros. 2 is looking fun; it'll have some DLC stage packs too.

Oh, and I totally forgot to mention Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, coming in November. It'll have free daily DLC puzzles for a whole year (if I'm not mistaken, Last Specter's weekly DLC ended in early June).

• Mirby Studios

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 12:50:17 am »
  • I'm Pro!
Anyone other than me getting pokemon black or white 2?
  • Crim is Pro!

thestig

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 12:55:11 am »
Yeah, it became permanently unavailable on February 20, 2012.

Also New Super Mario Bros. 2 is looking fun; it'll have some DLC stage packs too.

Oh, and I totally forgot to mention Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, coming in November. It'll have free daily DLC puzzles for a whole year (if I'm not mistaken, Last Specter's weekly DLC ended in early June).
Damn that sucks. Also I've been checking out the Virtual Shop titles and they seem alright. Though to be fair I've been playing around with the virtual console more. xD

I'm getting Pokemon Black and White 2.. also another Golden Sun's coming out?! ;o

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 02:06:36 am »
  • I'm Pro!
I'm getting Pokemon Black and White 2.. also another Golden Sun's coming out?! ;o

sweet. and no, nothing has been said or rumored of one. its wishful thinking.
  • Crim is Pro!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 08:00:43 am »

sweet. and no, nothing has been said or rumored of one. its wishful thinking.
actually... in an interview with one of the takahashi brothers regarding mario tennis open, he said he'd love to, but he'd need to hear fan input to know they want it or something like that. a whole Operation Sunrise and everything was started as a response, but I don't think anything came of it.

• Mirby Studios

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 08:09:07 am »
  • I'm Pro!

actually... in an interview with one of the takahashi brothers regarding mario tennis open, he said he'd love to, but he'd need to hear fan input to know they want it or something like that. a whole Operation Sunrise and everything was started as a response, but I don't think anything came of it.

wishful thinking :D i think if going by fans, there would be a chance. those games were amazing, and i think they have a good amount of fans.
  • Crim is Pro!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 08:28:44 am »
Well the petition is at 1,252. Not many, but it's something.

• Mirby Studios

thestig

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 09:16:13 am »
Well the petition is at 1,252. Not many, but it's something.
Should round up a few media outlets to advertise the petition and try again. >: 3

^^ Now that, is wishful thinking! Haha.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 1.325 seconds with 78 queries.