Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012: The Year The Internet Ends (NEW UPDATE!!)  (Read 4797 times)

Ryan

The only Canadian?
2012: The Year The Internet Ends (NEW UPDATE!!)
« on: June 01, 2008, 07:29:13 pm »
http://ipower.ning.com/netneutrality
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XPiqhN_Ns" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XPiqhN_Ns</a>

Almost all smaller websites/services will disappear over time and multinationals who are used to using big budgets to brute force their content into every media outlet will finally be able to approach the internet in the same way.

This well-known illustration of why we need net neutrality turns out to be very close to the truth:

What can we do?
Internet providers have realized that the only way to not lose massive amounts of customers over this is to make sure there are no alternatives, that's why all major Internet providers are currently making agreements and planning to switch simultaneously somewhere in the year 2012. This is currently all going on under very strict NDA's (Non-Disclosure Agreements) because the last thing they want is the masses speaking out against it.

We were able to uncover this information because we have been well-known net neutrality activists for longer than a year now and over time have we've gotten in contact with many high-profile industry insiders. We will continue our activism and the I Power website serves as a platform for joining forces, sharing ideas and spreading awareness.

It's our responsibility to spread the word, use any sort of political or media contacts you may know. The more awareness there is, the more impossible it'll be for Internet providers to make this switch. Let's make sure that by 2012, ISP's won't even dare think about doing anything that goes against the principles of net neutrality.

More info...
Net neutrality has been a much debated issue for several years now and there have been many lawsuits in cases where an Internet provider blocked access to a certain competitor's site or simply crippled download speeds on services that they felt were using up too much of their bandwidth. But this new information that has now been confirmed by inside sources from major ISP's and content providers gives us a far bleaker vision of what the future of Internet freedom will look like if we don't take action in every way we can.

Why is this happening? The entire media and marketing industry is losing its grip on the upcoming generations of Internet-minded consumers. Statistics show that traditional media is losing popularity as the Internet continues to grow drastically every year. And the Internet is a completely different place: consumers aren't passive any more and advertisements don't have the same psychological effect they normally have on television. Internet users are very active and focused: they only go to the sites and services they want, and with an infinite amount of alternatives, users simply switch to something else if one service becomes too commercialized with annoying advertisements.With this in mind, it's no surprise that the past 6 years the industry has secretly been planning a 'take-over' to secure the Internet as a purely commercial playground.

Spread The Word!
But there is hope... More and more people are becoming aware of the importance of net neutrality and now that we have uncovered what the industries have been plotting, it's not just about big corporations forming shady agreements, it's about what they will say to their users who will demand an explanation from their providers on what will happen to their access in 2012. As long as there are alternatives, we can pressure those providers who admit to being against net neutrality and favor those who take a stand and choose to give their users their freedom even after 2012. We can keep pushing for net neutrality laws and we can start spreading awareness on a massive scale to make sure that ISP's think twice before signing anything that'll go against the freedom that made the Internet into the important open medium that it is today.

It's our responsibility, spread the word and use any sort of political or media contacts you may know. Let's make sure that by 2012, ISP's won't even dare think about doing anything that goes against the principles of net neutrality.

For more information:
Mail the I Power team at ipower@movielol.org

For media inquiries or urgent issues:
Telephone: +32 (0) 496 93 90 44

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t89WwcsOj9U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t89WwcsOj9U</a>

Update:
Bell Canada and TELUS (formerly owned by Verizon) employees officially confirm that by 2012 ISP's all over the globe will reduce Internet access to a TV-like subscription model, only offering access to a small standard amount of commercial sites and require extra fees for every other site you visit. These 'other' sites would then lose all their exposure and eventually shut down, resulting in what could be seen as the end of the Internet.

Dylan Pattyn *, who is currently writing an article for Time Magazine on the issue, has official confirmation from sources within Bell Canada and is interviewing a marketing representative from TELUS who confirms the story and states that TELUS has already started blocking all websites that aren't in the subscription package for mobile Internet access. They could not confirm whether it would happen in 2012 because both stated it may actually happen sooner (as early as 2010). Interviews with these sources, more confirmation from other sources and more in-depth information on the issue is set to be published in Time Magazine soon.
What can we do?

The reason why we're releasing this information is because we believe we can stop it. More awareness means more mainstream media shedding light on it, more political interest and more pressure on the ISP's to keep the Internet an open free space. We started this social network as a platform for Internet activism where we can join forces, share ideas and organize any form of protest that may have an impact. If we want to make a difference in this, we have to join together and stand united as one powerful voice against it.

Join the movement.

Don't let the Internet evolve to this:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 10:41:59 pm by Ryan »
  • Likes to Ramble
Re: 2012: The Year The Internet Ends
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 07:55:14 pm »
Ha, I am all for net neutrality but I doubt your motives for posting this.  Judging by all I have seen I can say that is the same girl that said that she would do pretty much anything sexually to whom she saw as the greatest supporter of net neutrality.  I wonder if you want some, lol.  Meh, but yeah, by packaging content, you pretty much destroy the chances for start-ups to make it; and more and more categories are becoming obsolete as websites offer more as they expand.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 07:56:45 pm »
This will never happen. People WILL get pissed off that they can't start their own site, like small buisnesses, companies, and the many people who profit off of their websites. If this happens, all hell will break loose.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 07:59:39 pm »
Well if its ISPs issuing this block. Cant you just set up your own ISP company as a solution?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 08:02:42 pm »
Well if its ISPs issuing this block. Cant you just set up your own ISP company as a solution?
I can't see that happening, but I think that BBS systems will arise from this... if it ever happened.

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 08:03:31 pm »
That's what they suggest.
Which is what I want to do.
  • Likes to Ramble

gm112

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 08:04:05 pm »
This is when pirate internet rises up. If this does happen, people will start an OpenISP to counter this.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 08:13:19 pm »
  • The Mike
This is the stupidest thing ever. People have said years ago the internet would end but it didn't. Or was that something else? Anyway, I doubt anything would happen to it and if it did, then yeah, all hell will break loose.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 08:20:40 pm »
  • =/
 Haha, I can see a get rich quick scheme here. In 4 years, when these dumb asses take over the "internet", you just start your own ISP with access to the full internet instead of these 2000 sites. Everybody switches, all major ISPs fail, ???, profit. : D
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 08:54:14 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 09:03:59 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I thought this would have to do with the Aztec calander or something..."In 2012, the internet ends! I swear!"
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 09:59:25 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Heh, internet conspiracy theories :)

I like this issue, it gives us a break from all the "Neil Armstrong didn't go to the moon"/"Bush was responsible for 9-11"/"JFK was murdered by the CIA" crap ;)
My name is Pitt
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 10:50:28 pm »
Okay guys, let's agree on this. If this crap does happen, we will all help to support an OpenISP type deal. I'd do anything to keep my good old internet. That, or you can help to control the riots that break out, which will make it illegal to have internet at all. D:
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 11:02:00 pm »
  • :'O
Ha, I am all for net neutrality but I doubt your motives for posting this.  Judging by all I have seen I can say that is the same girl that said that she would do pretty much anything sexually to whom she saw as the greatest supporter of net neutrality.  I wonder if you want some, lol.  Meh, but yeah, by packaging content, you pretty much destroy the chances for start-ups to make it; and more and more categories are becoming obsolete as websites offer more as they expand.
You gotta be 18 Ryan then she will blow you.

Doubting this will happen as long as Google is around, they will probably just start giving out free internet

TiSP ftw!

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 11:06:27 pm »

Doubting this will happen as long as Google is around, they will probably just start giving out free internet

TiSP ftw!
I don't want to be part of that virgin movement !@#$%.
I don't even think it's real.
So no. I am not doing this for a damn BJ.
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 11:18:06 pm »
  • :'O

TiSP ftw!
I don't want to be part of that virgin movement !@#$%.
I don't even think it's real.
So no. I am not doing this for a damn BJ.
Well if you really believe in the cause make a video you have a fan base right, doesn't matter if its not huge you have viewers so tell them about this
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 11:53:52 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
Okay guys, let's agree on this. If this crap does happen, we will all help to support an OpenISP type deal. I'd do anything to keep my good old internet. That, or you can help to control the riots that break out, which will make it illegal to have internet at all. D:

This.

I'd hate to only have access to the icky websites big monopolistic companies want you to see. I'd hate not being able to share the games I make with others (although in the not-too-near future, I'd probably share them for a profit). I'd... I'd hate not being to go to The Spriter's Resource! >:( That, a VGMusic.com and HelpTheWretched's Zelda sounds. Those are like my number one resource sites... Afdack!

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 02:38:49 am »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
I was kind of shocked to see this topic, I had no idea what net neutrality was or anything.

So if it's taken away then I doubt zfgc will have a future. But yes, as long as google is around I think we should be safe, see what google itself has to say: http://www.google.com/help/netneutrality.html
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 02:56:30 am »
I think taking down the internet entirely would be more likely

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 04:40:09 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
This is bull !@#$% !@#$%!
This aint hapening anytime soon .

This is like trying to limit what people you can call on your phone.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 77 queries.

anything