Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: [Engine Demo] tLoZ: Echoes of Aurelia  (Read 119484 times)

Re: [Screens] tLoZ: Echoes of Aurelia
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 02:56:36 am »
LOL, this is hypocrisy, Zelda is a copyright of Nintendo and no one say nothing about that!
He will not get money from this, so what's the problem?
Giving credit is ok, but nothing more...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:00:47 am by Metal_X »
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 03:00:27 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
LOL, this is hypocrisy, Zelda is a copyright of Nintendo and no one say nothing about that!
-Walks away, slowly out the room before something happens...
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 03:00:51 am »
You should give credit for everything that you did not make on your own. Generally, if you did not make something in your game and neither did Nintendo, if you don't give credit it makes it look like you did it. It is wrong to take credit for something you did not do. In terms of asking if you can use it, it is the extension of being courteous - you wouldn't want someone taking something from you without letting you know.
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 03:15:14 am »
I agree about the credit, but ask permission is too much, it's fan game made from fans to fans, nothing more than that. The more barriers we put fewer fan games we see.
I really think that the prior here is to make a good and interesting game and learn a lot from that. We are amateur devs, not professionals.
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 03:26:07 am »
I agree about the credit, but ask permission is too much, it's fan game made from fans to fans, nothing more than that. The more barriers we put fewer fan games we see.
I really think that the prior here is to make a good and interesting game and learn a lot from that. We are amateur devs, not professionals.
I don't see anything wrong asking for permission for something someone else decided to take time to make, more if the artist doesn't mention if he wants his work to get used in a game or not.

thestig

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 03:35:12 am »
Giving credit is ok, but nothing more...
Yeah, I guess its somewhat of a hypocritical thing on the artists end to ask for credit on a ripped asset or a slightly modified asset. But yeah, credit's good as for permission? Well, lol. That's a conflict of interest especially in this case.

It's like saying that you should ask for permission to take a !@#$% in your own house. I don't know why I used that analogy, but it is another "wtf" scenario. Nobody wants that.

We are amateur devs, not professionals.
Quote of the day. Copycats *cough*zygna*cough* shouldn't be allowed to claim ownership of anything. You win the internets!

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention, them bushes that Kren was pointing out might be custom work. So the whole "hypocritical" argument might not apply entirely in this case. If that particular sprite ISN'T custom? Then Metal_X's argument fully applies, Kren.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:37:36 am by gm112 »
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 10:12:16 am »
The area is not a snow area. :P  Its a forest.

I didn't know the name of the sprite creator, If i would know it I would've credited him.

thestig

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 10:52:22 am »
Well then that settles it. It's not a big issue in all honesty, Gonken. It was just an oversight that got pointed out and lead to a somewhat pointless bickering lol. Anyhow I look forward to further progress on this project. :)
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 05:08:11 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Looks pretty damn nice. Hopefully everything goes well with the programming department, because visually it's very pleasing :P

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 07:11:39 pm »
One of my favorite spots in the Floating Fields:

thestig

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 02:04:54 am »
Damn does that look gorgeous. Whoever handles your mapping sure knows how to make effective use of the vibrant color scheme behind MC. Those look like custom cliff tiles... are they?
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 12:33:01 pm »
Thanks, currently I am the only one mapping. The colors and mountains are custom by me too. :)

DaSpirit

The Quiet
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012, 05:15:53 pm »
  • The Mad Programmer.
I am impressed. I really want to see how this plays.

This seems by far the best Zelda fan game I've seen showcased on this website.
I support:
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 09:00:39 pm »
Gonken is doing a wonderful job on the mapping indeed. :) I hope that I'll find some time to learn GM8 mapping and map some parts of the world myself, but we will see.

Meanwhile, I thought I might show you some of the concept art I drew for EoA. Here's two pieces centered around creatures known as "Dreamkeepers". The Dreamkeepers of Aurelia have the task of giving hope and new energy to the dreamers ( - "dreamer" is the Aurelian word for the Hylians).
(Edit: In the terms of Aurelian lore, the Windfish of Koholint would be considered a "Dreamkeeper". One of impressive power though, as he holds control over a whole dream realm on his own. Aurelian Dreamkeepers aren't as powerful on their own.)
Notice the paralells to the Link's Awakening theme of dreaming? They are intended. Aurelia is supposed to be one of many "possible" dreamworlds, much like Koholint. (I was pending whether to give away that Aurelia isn't "real" in the sense that Hyrule is considered real, but I suppose that's clear so early in the game that it's not spoiling the player too much. There's waiting real threaths in Aurelia, though!)

The concepts are in the spoiler tag below. They are kinda big, that's why.

Show content
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:04:11 pm by Sheik »
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012, 12:13:09 am »
Concept art of Aurelia, the floating fields.

Show content

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:29:28 pm by Gonken »
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 02:12:13 pm »
Another post that's actually lacking any new content: You should try out some of the music InvertedMean composed for this. I'll embed the Title Screen Theme (the forum does support this, right?) and you can click through some of the other songs on yourselves. Enjoy!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHfXjfi6X2U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHfXjfi6X2U</a>

Edit: Check out the Credits Theme, too. You can hear an orchastrated version of the Echoes of Aurelia there.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:17:32 pm by Sheik »
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2012, 05:42:18 pm »
  • It's just Max.
The music sounds beautiful. What program does invertedman use to make it?

The graphics are also beautiful, and I love the surrealistic approach, it's one I don't think I've ever seen in a Zelda game, but one you're making fit really well. The graphical style is seamless, everything fits very well together and looks marvelous. Any word on the gameplay, though?
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2012, 05:54:35 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
The music sounds beautiful. What program does invertedman use to make it?

The graphics are also beautiful, and I love the surrealistic approach, it's one I don't think I've ever seen in a Zelda game, but one you're making fit really well. The graphical style is seamless, everything fits very well together and looks marvelous. Any word on the gameplay, though?
The engine is on is way. It'll be done eventually. :P
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2012, 06:01:59 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.

Now what can I say about the engine, Freki did an amazing job with the engine and everything runs smooth at 60 fps, there are still a lot of things that has to be done before the first Chapter is complete, the other coders are doing a good job too I suppose. ;)

thestig

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2012, 11:15:28 pm »
Thanks, currently I am the only one mapping. The colors and mountains are custom by me too. :)
Give yourself a pat on the back!

Another post that's actually lacking any new content: You should try out some of the music InvertedMean composed for this. I'll embed the Title Screen Theme (the forum does support this, right?) and you can click through some of the other songs on yourselves. Enjoy!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHfXjfi6X2U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHfXjfi6X2U</a>

Edit: Check out the Credits Theme, too. You can hear an orchastrated version of the Echoes of Aurelia there.
What a nice score! I love it when things like this happen, people get together to do something amazing.. even if it is for a fan game. It's truly remarkable what can happen when you combine engineers with designers. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 77 queries.

anything