Projects > Zelda Projects

[W.I.P.] TLoZ: New Beginnings ver. 1.7 (LoZNB)

<< < (2/51) > >>

King Tetiro:
I watched the videos of the game and I have some critisms. Note that they're meant to lead you to a good game

-Stick with 1 style. GB,Lttp,MC,etc. Never more than 1
-Too many NPCs in Kafei's section. (May become redundant)
-By the looks of Kafei's section, there isn't much of a story.

If you need help/advice on it, feel free to ask me stuff.

Zhello:
The sorry was cut down due to a change, his orginal story is at zeldalegends.net.  It will be hard to find due to how old it is, and the name it was in.
lol I adde so many sprites for 2 parts of the game back then^_^

Bludleef:
loks promising keep up the good work.

Zhello:
Orlo Gale:

Orlo Gale, once known as Mt. Goron, is now a home to Humans and Dekus.  Most of the Terrain is far different from the terrain found in Flora Town and Orsa.  An old Deku Shrine can be located there but today, it is buried in rubble.  It is now known as the Forest Cavern due to the fact that in the olden times, the shrine for the dekus contain types of flora which can only be foun in Flora Town today.

Flora Town:

South of Orlo Gale, is a town with the population mainly Human.  An Inn and a Ranch can be found here.  As for the ranch, it has many components to it, also a Maison due to the fact that the brothers who owns the ranch are rich.  At some point in the game, Link must return here due to the fact a greed salesman at the ranch is keeping Epona for an upcoming sale which you cannot miss.

Orsa Field South:

This area contains forest Like areas.  There is also mountain areas which is unaddressable to begin with.  There are also small Towns.

Orsa Field East:

Orsa Field North:

Orsa Field West:

The great blue sea can be found here, if you had a boat, you can travel to the forgotten Castle, Fuerur, and if your lucky, meet the Rezorans which is rare.
Outskirts of New Orsa:

Fuerur Ilse:

Soldalia(Solidad) Desert, home of the Guerudo Tribe:

Town of Shiru:

Zaeranos:
Your concept looks very promising and has a lot of potential to become a great game. My points of criticism are therefore not discourage you but as advice for some improvement.

- The multiple graphic styles do not fit together very well. You use MC graphics along with ALttP graphics and in one of the videos you even show Metroid and Fire Emblem sprites. Additionally the boss battle area clashes with the regular Zelda boss battles.

- The HUD really is confusing and obstructing the view. Take a look at the HUD's from other 2D Zelda's.

- The story doesn't read as one complete story. It reads more like background information for various characters in the game. Is it that each character has its own storyline with the other characters as players in the their story. Does your game have a story that can be played from multiple points of view or do you jump characters during the game? For example: games like "Sword of Mana" and "Command & Conquer" have stories with multiple points of view. You choose a character/side at the beginning and play with them until the end. Or is it more like the Kafei/Link part in Majora's Mask of jumping characters. Story related triggers send you from one character to another. Or is it something more in between, like "Jet Force Gemini"?

- The prologue reads a lot like a fanfiction and is very detailed for a prologue. I think to much detail. It could be part of a story for an independent project. My advice is that you start to look at the prologues of actual Zelda games. Preferably TWW or Oracles and later. Abstract your prologue a bit, remove names, omit dialogues and all that. Those things are more in depth history during the game. A prologue has to set the mood and explain bits of events at the beginning of a game, while keeping the player shrouded in mystery.

- My last point of advice is about your language. I am not saying that my English is perfect, but half of the time I spend reading the stories, I was deciphering what English word or correct grammar there should be. I don't know if English is your native language or not, but my advice is to put those stories through the grammar- and spellchecker of microsoft or open office. It is really difficult to read.

I hope you find my advice useful and keep up the good work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version