Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] Megaman X: Eclipse  (Read 7085 times)

[WIP] Megaman X: Eclipse
« on: July 13, 2012, 01:16:48 am »

Megaman X: Eclipse is a response to the decline in gaming, particularly to the decline in the Megaman X series. It is meant to be the 4th installment for the SNES that many of us wanted after Megaman X3. Its going to have 8 bosses, its going to be 16-bit. Its going to be everything you would expect from a 4th Megaman X game on the SNES. We plan for Megaman X: Eclipse to be released for Windows, Mac, Android, HTML5 (if we wish) and hopefully OUYA. If you don't know what OUYA is, it's video game console that is based on the Android operating system. We aren't exactly sure how developing for OUYA works yet, but the fact that it runs on Android makes MMX Eclipse on OUYA a possibility. We will know for sure once it is released.

Here's a picture of it running on my Xperia PLAY

Show content

We spend a lot of time testing our game to make sure it stays true to the SNES series. We need every smallest detail to be perfect so that we keep it from feeling like some glitchy fan game. Of course we're doing our best to be as innovative as we can so that we can bring a whole new experience to Megaman X.

For now, only 1 of our 8 bosses has been revealed. His name is Scorch Raptor, and if you click the spoiler below you can see our art design of him. Credit goes to justicefrog of deviantart.com

Show content

There's also some videos of gameplay and some music. The gameplay is over a year old and very much outdated, but we'd like to upload some new footage as soon as possible.

We'll be doing our detailed updates on our blog, http://mmxeclipse.blogspot.com , so be sure to follow us!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:34:17 pm by Eclipse »
Re: [WIP] Megaman X: Eclipse
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 01:33:31 am »
  • It's the grineer
In a couple of days you will have at least 849.263.469.853 mails of me about bosses. I REALLY LOVE MEGAMAN X SERIES.

thestig

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 01:39:41 am »
Wow. I'm guessing you guys are composing this using the SNES MMX sound engine or are you just using sound fonts? From the gameplay exert you showed, it looked like you're taking the best of Megaman X6 and merging it with Megaman X3. If so, then I will simply say: that is pretty !@#$% awesome. :)
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 01:40:50 am »
  • It's the grineer
Wow. I'm guessing you guys are composing this using the SNES MMX sound engine or are you just using sound fonts? From the gameplay exert you showed, it looked like you're taking the best of Megaman X6 and merging it with Megaman X3. If so, then I will simply say: that is pretty !@#$% awesome. :)

Nah, Megaman X6 was good, but not as good as X5 :P

thestig

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 01:45:19 am »
I liked the gameplay in X6 better than X5, to be honest.. X5 just was too easy for me. :\ But even then, what these guys are doing is great work. I like it when people put in dedication to stuff they love.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 03:42:19 am »

Yep, we're using soundfonts to create all of our songs. Haha actually I thought X6 (other than the story) was the only good X game after X3. They had some good idea's in X4 and on, but the game as a whole just didn't feel like it did from X1 to X3. So we're definitely looking at all the good things that Capcom tried and seeing if we can bring it all together.

Edit: We also have a playlist of other videos which I just edited into the main post. Heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL46F4CFDF5FFE2B6E
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 03:45:31 am by Eclipse »
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 01:40:11 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
This looks really good!  I really liked The Megaman X games on the SNES (I never played the playstation ones)  I will be watching this project!  Can't wait to be able to play it!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 08:17:08 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Oh this is still going on? Awesome.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 03:37:50 am »
We have quite a few major updates that we're very excited to share.

Check out the updates in detail here. To summarize, we're now able to publish this game on Windows, Mac, Android, HTML5 and hopefully the OUYA. Our soundtrack of 47 songs is being finalized as well.
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 01:10:39 am »
  • "Know suffering! Know death!"
Megaman X rockz!!! the project sounds good, i hope to play it some day! go megaman go!!
"I am the wellspring of darkness, fed by Zemus's unbridled hate... I am He who is called Zeromus... I am he who knows naught but hate!"

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 11:00:52 pm »
Mega Man X for the SNES once more? Count me in! XD
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 60 queries.