Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Hero of Time Movie!  (Read 5209 times)

Re: The Hero of Time Movie!
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 11:00:16 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Niek, I have learned not to listen to a single word you say. ^_^ (please take no offense)  XD

Hey Niek, I just reread what I said and I wanted to apologize. What I said was rude, no matter which way you look at it. I haven't been having the best week and I guess it kinda showed there. Sorry. Just to be clear, I have nothing against you at all. ^_^

Anyway Niek, it just seems like you haven't really taken much of a look in to why they made the film the way they did, as Bludleef pointed out. But that's understandable, since you'd have to be watching all of their HoT updates and, unlike me, I doubt you've wanted to take the time to watch all of those.

Also, when I was referring to "imagination", I was wasn't talking about the movie in its entirety, but I was just referring to Link talking... but, yes, judging from the trailers and outtakes, there probably isn't a lot of breakthrough stuff in what Link says. Anyway, it's obvious that it reflects OoT pretty heavily.

Actually they specifically wanted to remake OoT as a movie. That was the whole idea in the first place. But obviously nobody wants to see a direct copy of the game put in to a movie (right?) so they attempted to make it their own thing while still keeping a lot of stuff from OoT, figuring that it would be the best way to make the most fans happy. I do not know if they succeeded in doing that just by watching the 3 trailers, but I guess I'll find out when I see the movie. XD

I still don't get why people are so gay for fanfics...

This is a fanfic with moving pictures... :x

Honestly, I'm not big on any fanfics, but this is a rare exception. I just think it would be cool to see somebody's interpretation of OoT in movie format, which is basically what this is. It'll probably only be a one time watch, but I at least think it'll be fun to see once.

Niek, I have learned not to listen to a single word you say. ^_^ (please take no offense)  XD

He's right though, and perhaps you should set aside your desire for a Zelda film to be completed to examine this a bit further.

I'm probably coming across a little more excited about this than I really am.
I have just been checking up on the HoT site every now and then for a couple years, so it's cool to see that it's finally coming out.
I've enjoyed watching their HoT updates because they're kinda funny (Link killing to "Let the bodies hit the floor!" was my fav). Because of that, what I really want to see are the outtakes for the film. I also expect that some of the poorly executed drama in the movie will give me a few laughs as well. XD
I have examined it enough to know that it will be pretty entertaining in some form or another.

...I AM a student filmmaker that you can do far better than this on their budget. It all looks so plasticy and ridiculous.

Hey, cool that you're a student filmmaker. So is my brother and I've often helped him with his films (mainly musically and being the guy that moves lights around, etc).
I do know that this film sucks in comparison to most movies, probably even some other independent films (except that Indiana Jones one SUCKS! Very boring and why wouldn't the dude shoot him a couple more times instead of thinking that a 2 foot deep grave would hold a live man..? Stupid).

One thing though... they never said what their budget was... so... :huh: I'll just leave it at that.  ;)

Just because you can do something does not mean you should. I'll still watch the final film, more than likely, but like any other movie with a shitty looking trailer, my expectations are not too high.

I agree with your statement here. The trailer looks pretty bad and the voice acting wasn't the best at all.
I'm not expecting to be blown away by an amazing movie, but I am expecting to have a few laughs and to possibly see a bit of good action.

If it makes any sense, my expectations are not too high for this, but I'm pretty excited to see it anyway, just because it's Zelda, it's free, and I can. ^_^
  • My Music
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 06:22:29 pm »

Hey Niek, I just reread what I said and I wanted to apologize. What I said was rude, no matter which way you look at it. I haven't been having the best week and I guess it kinda showed there. Sorry. Just to be clear, I have nothing against you at all. ^_^

Don't worry. I have heard ruder stuff. And those weren't said to insult. So don't sweat about it. I have also said rude stuff with no intention to insult people.

Anyway Niek, it just seems like you haven't really taken much of a look in to why they made the film the way they did, as Bludleef pointed out. But that's understandable, since you'd have to be watching all of their HoT updates and, unlike me, I doubt you've wanted to take the time to watch all of those.

You are absolutely right. I don't have the time to read it all. Definitely, considering I'm dyslectic. So I have to go at trailers.

Actually they specifically wanted to remake OoT as a movie. That was the whole idea in the first place. But obviously nobody wants to see a direct copy of the game put in to a movie (right?) so they attempted to make it their own thing while still keeping a lot of stuff from OoT, figuring that it would be the best way to make the most fans happy. I do not know if they succeeded in doing that just by watching the 3 trailers, but I guess I'll find out when I see the movie. XD
If they really intend that, than they are plagiarizing. Even if they are not selling the movie for profit, they still put it on their Resumes. And as far as I have seen, this movie isn't approved by Nintendo. I hope for them, that Nintendo is nice enough not to sue their asses off.

Also I'm afraid that they have removed the four things that made OOT a great game. Well I know they removed two things.

- The long Length of the gameplay.
- The great dungeons
- Playing of the Ocarina
- The time traveling (if this is away than it isn't really "the Hero of Time" anymore isn't it)

Well, we will see .
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 08:45:13 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
If they really intend that, than they are plagiarizing. Even if they are not selling the movie for profit, they still put it on their Resumes. And as far as I have seen, this movie isn't approved by Nintendo. I hope for them, that Nintendo is nice enough not to sue their asses off.

The irony of this statement being posted on this forum is worth 10 lulz.
I really doubt Nintendo gives a !@#$%, they probably know about it.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 08:46:03 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Woo first post since it's release...

Also I felt it was too much of a LOTR wannabe with shitty story telling :x

While I still reserve the right to hate anything involving Link with blond hair, I'll ignore that issue and just move on to how this movie felt to me-

"A bunch of college kids playing around in the woods"

Dialog was about as good as reading a cereal box, and the acting reminded me of that time I tried taking a rage dump while reciting the national anthem.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 08:48:33 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 08:47:44 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

I just watched the movie...

Ok, 1/2 of the movie is absolutely unbearable; mostly being in the beginning. And I can't even begin to tell of all the reasons why.

There are about 3 actually good parts in the movie.

1. When Link gets his bow. LOL'd pretty hard.

2. I was surprised that the dragon actually looked better than I had previously imagined from seeing the crappy trailer. The whole part with the dragon was actually interesting to watch for the most part.

3. The fighting toward the end of the movie had some good gore. Chopped off a guys head. Great action there.

Besides that, omg, this was so bad. LOL!

My advice is, watch the part where Link gets his bow, then skip forward to the end to watch some violent fighting.

I really didn't expect this movie to be amazing or anything. However I did expect it to be entertaining, either in the fact that it was done so bad that it was funny or that it might have some good action or maybe a few lols, but really, I found it to be quite boring for the most part.

Don't get me wrong. Every once in a while there would be a beautifully done scene (or part of a scene) but it would soon be destroyed by what was to follow.

Definitely only a one time watch for me, probably won't be downloading the DVD.
If only they'd put in a blooper reel at the end. That was what I really wanted to see.

Honestly though, their HoT updates were more interesting than this. :(
  • My Music
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 10:25:12 am »
Yup, I spent the whole time watching with my frozen in the "what the hell?" look.

I found many of the dialogues and scenes in the beginning unnecessary and boring, there were a whole lot of "mood" setting pictures, no dialogue and just showing the scenery or circling around Link that went on for ridiculous amounts of time.

And then they skipped through the sages of water, forest & shadow(?) in, what, three minutes? It would have been far better if they'd skipped all that cosy kokiri-hyrule-death mountain beginning and made it better paced.

And what was the meaning of ganondorfs henchman with the weird hair? It cried LoTR: Two Towers, Gríma Wormtongue.

complain, complain, complain...
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 01:29:55 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Best parts of the whole movie imo:

1ST PART:
Starts here 25:25
Which builds to the best part of the whole movie at 26:33ish
"Ohoho! You've got a bow!"
*duh duh duh duh!*

2ND PART:
77:43-80:24
(Link really isn't very courageous though...)

LAST PART:
100:45 = gore done right.

If anyone reading this still hasn't seen it and is still thinking about watching it. You won't miss anything important/of interest if you just watch those parts.

EDIT:
LOL, I see, that word gets censored... ;p
  • My Music

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 12:03:32 am »
  • b e p i s
I'm watching it tomorrow after exams are over with two fellow nerds...hopefully we'll be able to sit through all two hours of it :/
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 01:41:33 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
I have watched about 60 minutes and I'm still thinking, What the !@#$%?
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 02:21:14 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I will say that I enjoyed watching Link run from a Giant Octopus.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 02:31:06 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
I will say that I enjoyed watching Link run from a Giant Octopus.
That was just another wtf -moment.
But !@#$%. Fugg you Link. You got backstabbed by mere minion after beating crap out of Ganondorf. Fugg you.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 02:36:47 am by drandula »
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 04:17:18 pm »
Ugh, daily motion shows the movie in a slide show manner. So I've only seen the first 3 minutes. But of what I have seen, the prologue seemed like some bible program from the EO.

Well I'll wait for the torrent and then just watch it with VLC.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2009, 02:26:18 am »
  • b e p i s
Just finished watching it and can say this: a sincere but inept effort.

High Points:
- Many of the locations were very well-chosen, save Hyrule Castle.
- The compositing, when it was good, was REALLY good, especially in the Death Mountain exterior shots.
- Talon gave the best performance in the entire film, which was actually rather good.
- The fight choreography was excellent throughout, even if the camera work wasn't always so good.
- Some of the characterizations were interesting, especially Malon.
- Some of the cinematography was surprisingly powerful.

Low Points:
- The dialogue. !@#$% terrible throughout.
- The compositing, when it was bad, was REALLY bad, especially with the 3D skull. UGH.
- The majority of the performances. Link wasn't as bad as he could have been actually.
- The Gorons. I would understand if they were going for a realistic adaptation to use "real looking" people, but it doesn't match the very fantastic vision of the Zelda world present in the rest of the film.
- The pacing. The beginning drags on too long, and the ending happens too fast.
- All in all, it simply doesn't feel like Zelda. It's too violent, too British, and too uninspired to have the ESSENCE of Zelda that's so badly missing here.

Overall, I'd give it a 3/10. It's entertaining, especially when they toss in references to the Zelda games, and it's a really good effort, but the final product just isn't good.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 05:18:04 am »
Well I finished watching, and I agree, it was entertaining, but not something I would watch again.

I liked malon as an actor as well.
I really hated the whole death mountain thing, except for some background parts, but Dodongo/Volvagia or whatever the heck that was looked stupid. Saria really just stood out to me as just totally wrong, as links "foster" mother???. And she gets all dramatic when link leaves.

My favorite part was when the octopus chased link platform game style xD.

The rest of the bosses were just ugh... I'm really just rambling and throwing out thoughts here. It could have been much less cheesy. The dialogue was a piece of crap -_-

Some parts when they talked were medieval talk, and sometimes they talked like we do now, too much of a change there imo. Darunia was just... ugh too. The problem with basing, or even making a zelda movie, is that zelda's main areas are puzzles, the challenging feel of dungeons coupled with epic bosses. You can't capture that too well in movie form, which is probably why nintendo never did it in the first place. I say it was a good attempt, but so many things could, or should have been changed.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 66 queries.

anything