Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

The best Zelda game of all time?

Legend of Zelda (first)
- 1 (1.2%)
Adventure of Link
- 1 (1.2%)
Ocarina of Time
- 23 (28.4%)
Link to the Past
- 15 (18.5%)
Wind Waker
- 11 (13.6%)
Minish Cap
- 3 (3.7%)
Four Swords (Adventures)
- 0 (0%)
Majora's Mask
- 13 (16%)
Twilight Princess
- 4 (4.9%)
Phantom Hourglass
- 0 (0%)
Link's Awakening
- 8 (9.9%)
Oracle of Seasons
- 0 (0%)
Oracle of Ages
- 2 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What was the best LOZ game of all time?  (Read 5114 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: What was the best LOZ game of all time?
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 08:02:07 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
AoL and lttp.
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 09:13:07 am »
The Wind Waker, easily. Even if it wasn't difficult, and even if the sailing was apparently boring (I didn't think so), and the fetch quest at the end was apparently nonsense, I don't think many can deny it is the most beautiful of the Zelda games, in narrative, characters, graphics, music, and the main character. The Link from Wind Waker is actually likable.

Minish Cap is possibly the most underrated in the series, and is actually within my favourites.

I like the way you think, Hoffy. I am in 100% agreement with your post.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 10:11:17 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
*stuff*

Ditto.  I'm replaying The Minish Cap at the moment and I'm seeing a lot of nice touches that nobody seems to appreciate.  The vast amount of stuff you can do between the dungeons, and the amount of exploring there is to do both as normal and Minish-sized Link, really make the game fun to play.  And the dungeons are probably the best in any 2D Zelda game.
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 10:25:07 am »
I like lttp the most. It's the most memorable for me. I was pretty young when I played it, and it took me awhile to beat it. As for the WW discussion earlier, at first I didn't care for the style either, but after playing it, it's just awesome. Also, without WW, MC, 4S, and possibly PH would've never been inspired in the style that they became.
  • Pyxosoft

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 10:36:16 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
^ oh god don't remind me :\...

I hate the artistic direction Zelda has taken... I really do.

I see MM as the bane of the Zelda series; it took it down hill... From then on each game got progressively less interesting. The only one that has held my interest was tmc, and I thought it was horribly dry :( BUT it was satisfying dungeon-wise.

WW was too short. The art wasn't bad in it, but when games like FS started popping up that used that style in 2d, I was irritated. I saw WW as being lttp style but in 3d, not as a whole new bubbly style.

*cries*
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 10:55:16 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I luuurve the style of The Wind Waker.  Visually it's my favourite, and I love the 2D style that followed it—I never saw it as being similar to LttP.

I hate the artistic direction Zelda has taken... I really do.

I loved it, until Twilight Princess came around.  It totally killed what I loved about the newer Zelda games.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 10:58:52 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
TP had a god aweful art direction too lol

See, I didn't mind WW visually; it's just using that art style with the 2d games that bugs me.

WW looks the way lttp would if lttp were 3d. You could probably pan the camera up to a top down view above link and it'd look like lttp did :p That's what I like about that... but... The game was too short, and the dungeons were boring.

Zelda hasn't been "great" since before MM was released
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2009, 11:45:40 am »
*stuff*

Ditto.  I'm replaying The Minish Cap at the moment and I'm seeing a lot of nice touches that nobody seems to appreciate.  The vast amount of stuff you can do between the dungeons, and the amount of exploring there is to do both as normal and Minish-sized Link, really make the game fun to play.  And the dungeons are probably the best in any 2D Zelda game.
I do like the unique puzzle ideas that they put into the dungeons in TMC, especially in the ones when you're minish link.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2009, 12:16:08 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Good god getting the Triforce pieces was like pulling teeth slowly over time! Granted you could warp some, but it was still:
"*sail sail sail sail... 30 minutes later* Hey! Chart! *sail sail sail sail... 30 minutes later* Hey! Tingle! *sail sail sail sail... 30 minutes later* Hey! Random Task! *Hours Pass* Hey! One Triforce Piece! Woo! 7 more!" Then repeat.
I'll give people that the story was intriguing, but the story alone doesn't make the game. So please... Why?!

I agree that getting the Triforce piece is a load of balls: I hate that part of WW. But the rest of the game is purely fantastic in my eyes. And I love the art style, it gives the game so much character, and even though I didn't like it at first Its really really grown on me. I liked Twilight Princess' style, but there wasn't enough green for me. Like, Kakariko was wasteland, Hyrule field had too much rocks etc., even the forest had little green in. I don't know why it bugged me so much, but it did.

I voted OoT (My favorite game ever, it had such a large impact on me - Im still get urges to write fan-fic about it, shame they turn out that good...) and Links Awakening, because I found the plot fantastic and somehow Marin has become my favorite Zelda Lady.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2009, 12:24:25 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I love Marin too, but my favourite female character has to be Princess Agitha.  Bugs bugs bugs~ <3

cosmicbrownie

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2009, 04:21:27 pm »
i liked majoras mask and twilight princess the best
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2009, 04:49:08 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
OoT and MM here. It is most definitely not an easy task for a game to match the greatness which was introduced by the timetraveling in OoT and the mask transformations in MM.
My name is Pitt

gm112

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2009, 07:52:45 pm »
I chose ALTTP and Majora's Mask. A Link to The Past for its time was a very in-depth and developed game. It houses a lot of my early gaming memories and was what a Zelda game should be. Nothing more can be said.

Majora's Mask is a very developed Zelda game in terms of story. When I played through it a second time I realized how dark it really was O_o. It won my heart over OOT mainly due to how dramatically different it is from other Zelda's. It's not different in a bad way, but good and it retains that "Zelda" feeling even if it lacks Hyrule Field.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 01:18:55 am »
  • Silly cat!
I love Marin too, but my favourite female character has to be Princess Agitha.  Bugs bugs bugs~ <3
Princess Agitha is probably my favourite female secondary character too. And my favourite male secondary character would have to be DeSalvatore... the painter guy from Wind Waker.

Hoffy.

eyeCube

I'm a Maverick!
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 04:27:15 am »
I'm actually suprised OoT isn't being dominated on the votes, lol. (It's winning, at least, so I don't care) The new artistic (cartoony) version of the series is quite unique, and it doesn't bother me at all.
TP's art was also good, I like the way the world looks in Twilight. The wolf transforming was pointless, but was still somewhat entertaining to me. However, what really bothered me was the Magic Armor. It took like 5000 rupees to get, and it SUCKS. You have to use rupees to wear it! Was this just put in the game to make a purpose for the large amount of rupees you aquire? It looks cool enough, but it's such a let-down.
  • eyeCube Productions

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2009, 04:50:18 am »
  • Silly cat!
I'm actually suprised OoT isn't being dominated on the votes, lol. (It's winning, at least, so I don't care) The new artistic (cartoony) version of the series is quite unique, and it doesn't bother me at all.
TP's art was also good, I like the way the world looks in Twilight. The wolf transforming was pointless, but was still somewhat entertaining to me. However, what really bothered me was the Magic Armor. It took like 5000 rupees to get, and it SUCKS. You have to use rupees to wear it! Was this just put in the game to make a purpose for the large amount of rupees you aquire? It looks cool enough, but it's such a let-down.
The game originally had a magic bar, and it was only removed late in development. I guess Nintendo thought you wouldn't be using your magic enough, as you'd only use it for the Dominion Rod, and... not much else. Well, the Magic Armor. But, you didn't have magic. So, it drained rupees instead. Kind of annoying.

I like Twilight Princess' narrative... I love the events and characters. The world is also impressive in my eyes, and I really like the dungeons. Even if they're easy, they're exceptionally designed and fun to complete... the length of the game is also good. The game was just let down in music and graphics, in my eyes. The art style is cool, but is too anime-ish and bothers me. The OoT and MM style was far more artistic.

Hoffy.

Weapon Master

りしゅ にっぽん わたし です。
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 03:01:15 am »
i cant choose between OOT and links awakening, both easily enter my top 20 favorite games, but i have to leave them as a tie, links awakening for its nostalgic feeling i always get when i playe it, and ocarina of times epicness of the best 3d adventure.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 11:43:41 am »
OOT FTW!!!! We all love it. They should remake it with up to date graphics :)
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 02:11:03 pm »
Not enough love for the Gameboy games! OoA and OoS had some really great storylines and a nice graphic style for the time. Haha. I feel they incorporated a lot of what made older Zelda games great and had some nice similarities to OoT. Oddballs to the series, yes. Still great, though. Buuut, LA is probably my favorite! Marin is wonderful as is the whole feel of Koholint. I'm not sure why.. I think it's because LA gives me that nostalgic feeling like OoT does. Both wonderful games. :D And that Wind Fish! I love it!
  • My Photostream
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2009, 06:14:46 pm »
Lttp and MM were the entrants i chose

Lttp was probably my all time favorite. the first zelda i ever played! had plenty of puzzles and pretty difficult dungeons. even when it came out for GBA, still one of my favorite zeldas.

MM was another favorite because it wasn't the same ha. It still had a pretty large storyline, but the days and days of side quests were what made this game fun for me. along with the characters, the darker tone, and many other things
xbox live: kirkking look me up!

your Romanian Captain Kirk speaking....yes i said Romanian....
dang it doesn't sound near as impressive on a worldwide board, than in a class of all Oklahomans, lol

-The non DJ Jordan.

When life gives you lemons, THROW THEM BACK AND DEMAND LIMES!"
thomas combs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 77 queries.

anything