Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WoWDesktops.com  (Read 12291 times)

Re: WoWDesktops.com
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 05:08:51 am »
You're never going to change my opinion on it, because I AM going from personal experience, not just stereotypes.
And no, I never played it, ever.
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 06:10:19 am »
  • (b'-')b Jesus Guitar d('-'d)
You're never going to change my opinion on it, because I AM going from personal experience, not just stereotypes.
Then stating that you're going by "personal experience," is out the window. I know people that play WoW that also take time to go to work, work out at the gym, hold up a personal (romantic) relationship, have a social life, and get 8 hours of sleep a night.

I would think twice before you bash, assume, and stereotype.
T H I R T Y - T H R E E   T H R E E

Blog | Myspace | Facebook | Clan LmS
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 06:36:46 am »
Then stating that you're going by "personal experience," is out the window. I know people that play WoW that also take time to go to work, work out at the gym, hold up a personal (romantic) relationship, have a social life, and get 8 hours of sleep a night.

Uhh, so you're allowed to say "I know people who..." and have it count as a valid opinion, but I'm not?
Just because I've never played it, doesn't mean I don't know people who have. And if that's just a stereotype, it's a very valid one. All of them fit it. (I'm talking about 50+ people here)

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 06:50:52 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I think all MMOs are laaame.  I'm also surprised that no mods said anything about this going way off-topic.
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 11:44:16 am »
  • ZFGC Founder
Well, when your in Iraq in the Army (a job) away from your wife and kid(s) - Another on the way (gee, I do have a life besides WoW)... and you're trying to get the guys (and gals) in your unit to have some down time; WoW is a great thing, especially since a lot of us don't have Internet access, so I set up private servers and Lan parties for those who CASUALLY play...

I might log a total of an hour or two a day, other than that, I'm writing letters, getting my gear up to snuff and talking to my wife...

I can assure you NONE of my players here is addicted or 14 year olds who don't have a life, almost all of them are 20+ and most are married and have kids.
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2008, 07:48:51 pm »
  • (b'-')b Jesus Guitar d('-'d)

Uhh, so you're allowed to say "I know people who..." and have it count as a valid opinion, but I'm not?
Just because I've never played it, doesn't mean I don't know people who have. And if that's just a stereotype, it's a very valid one. All of them fit it. (I'm talking about 50+ people here)

I never stated that I knew this from personal experience. Stereotypes are never valid and you'd do well to remember that.
T H I R T Y - T H R E E   T H R E E

Blog | Myspace | Facebook | Clan LmS
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2008, 07:50:36 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

I never stated that I knew this from personal experience. Stereotypes are never valid and you'd do well to remember that.

Alright this is getting too off-topic. Just stop it here or I'll lock it.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2008, 07:51:04 pm »
I know plenty of 20+ year olds who play and neglect their spouse/kids.
If you're away from family, why not use your spare time to write letters?

But this is going way off-topic, sorry TRM.
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2008, 10:22:37 am »
  • ZFGC Founder
Not a problem, you have your opinion and as you said, we're not going to change your mind... and that's ok...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 54 queries.

anything