Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fable is slowly becoming not Fable.  (Read 3137 times)

Fable is slowly becoming not Fable.
« on: December 28, 2010, 10:06:49 am »
I'm a fan of the Fable series, one of the games we got for Christmas was Fable 3. I haven't played a lot of it but so far it's somewhat annoying.

- Fable 2 had a nice expression wheel which made selecting different expressions easy. In Fable 3 you have to click Interact with the person, then click the expression that comes up until you get the one you want, either that or continually press B to go back and hit interact again and hope that the expression you want comes up.

- You no longer use EXP to level up spells, melee, and such. In Fable 3 you use the Main Road of whatever to spend Guild Seals on chests containing "Melee 2", "Magic 2", etc.

- Remember how Fable 2 had a nice list of Spells to choose from, where you switched back and fourth between them on the fly, oh not in Fable 3, In Fable 3 you have to switch "Gauntlets" to use different spells, which means every time you want to use a different spell, you go into the Sanctuary (more on that soon), go to the door you want, weapons, armor, etc, then run up to the Weapon and hit equip, yeah......

- Remember Health Bars? Oh none of that in Fable 3, Fable 3 has taken the route of EVERY !@#$% NEW FPS and made it so when you are near dead the screen boarders turn Red..... Yeahhhhhhhh.

- The Sanctuary, Remember how Fable 1 and 2 had Item menu? And menu's in general, oh not in Fable 3, In Fable 3 we have "The Sanctuary" a giant room filled with other rooms where you walk around in, There is a room for Armor,  etc. You either run up to that specific room that you want, or use the Dpad to switch rooms fast, but it stops becoming fast once you realize that you have to run up to the Clothes/Weapons and click on them to equip them.

Peter how the hell are you allowed to do this to your own damn Game series.

Also his main thing he was showing off about the game in previews was the ability to "Hold Hands", How in the hell is that a High Point in a damn RPG?

So far i am enjoying Fable 3, but honestly i am worried to see what Fable 4 will look like if this continues.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: Fable is slowly becoming not Fable.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 11:18:45 am »
I actually have to agree. I loved Fable for its RPG traits. At this rate, it'll just be an adventure game.

Though in honesty, the guild seals thing is basically the exp. I think its to give the player more free will on spending their points. Though in honesty the restricted exp colours from 1 and 2 made it fun.

I hope Fable 4 has RPG traits again
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 07:34:56 pm »
I actually have to agree. I loved Fable for its RPG traits. At this rate, it'll just be an adventure game.

Though in honesty, the guild seals thing is basically the exp. I think its to give the player more free will on spending their points. Though in honesty the restricted exp colours from 1 and 2 made it fun.

Guild Seals don't really count as EXP, they are pretty much Road Currency, used to open the chests for whatever you want on the road, Melee Level 2, Magic Level 3, the ability to get married, buy houses, etc.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 07:43:58 pm »

Guild Seals don't really count as EXP, they are pretty much Road Currency, used to open the chests for whatever you want on the road, Melee Level 2, Magic Level 3, the ability to get married, buy houses, etc.

Hence my 'basically'. If I hadn't played Fable 1 or 2 before I wouldn't even mention basically the exp.

Still a good game though.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 11:56:37 pm »

Hence my 'basically'. If I hadn't played Fable 1 or 2 before I wouldn't even mention basically the exp.

It's not bad so far, just has some annoying things. Also apparently it loads a random hero from your Fable 2 Save file. Which makes less sense because it loaded the one who i barely got far with in Fable 2 and acts like she accomplished anything.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 01:46:16 pm »

It's not bad so far, just has some annoying things. Also apparently it loads a random hero from your Fable 2 Save file. Which makes less sense because it loaded the one who i barely got far with in Fable 2 and acts like she accomplished anything.

Haha oh the mistakes of Lionhead. They amuse me but still are great games.

I hate the minimap system. It sucks
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 06:51:32 pm »
Apparently it actually loads the last played Hero from Fable 2, it's really great how they never ever !@#$% mention that at all, anywhere

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 08:44:03 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Wait, you're surprised the game turned out to be a disappointment?
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 10:48:43 pm »
Wait, you're surprised the game turned out to be a disappointment?

Its not a disappointment. More of a let down in comparison. Still a good game. Though not the best of the 3.
  • Phoenix Heart

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 08:02:10 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Fable 4 = VR helmet and walking around IRL kicking chickens.

They're shooting for a non-game setup, which is ruining the game.
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 08:03:08 am »

The game is ruining the non-game.
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 11:33:45 am »

Oh god, I can just see peter molyneux going on about how more realistic moral choices feel while wearing the helmet...
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 06:20:10 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Oh god, I can just see peter molyneux going on about how more realistic moral choices feel while wearing the helmet...

And about how you can totally interact with your pet with it on? :P
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 09:09:34 pm »
I haven't played any Fable past Lost Chapters.
Bought it for 20 bucks at Gamestop like 5 years ago, played it for 2 hours.

I:

~had sex
~got married
~became 60 something years old
~never got any good equipment
~gave the game away because it progressed too fast

Pretty much sums up my Fable experience.  I wanted it to be good.  I was even going to trade(back in the day) my PSP1000 for my uncle's Xbox for a couple weeks.  The agreement was I had to buy Syphon Filter - Broken Mirror or something; he had to buy Fable.
But, when the time came, neither of us had money. 

But, yeah.  The game seemed like it had alot to do but I wanted to play the aPRG side of it...I got wrinkly saggy nuts in 2 hours :(
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 08:29:43 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
But, yeah.  The game seemed like it had alot to do but I wanted to play the aPRG side of it...I got wrinkly saggy nuts in 2 hours :(

Lemme guess, you spammed magic? A major problem I had with the first game was using will powers ages your character sillyfast, in an attempt to make them cliche'd-wizardly...

I don't know if they changed this for the later games, since I've never played them.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:41:13 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 08:35:14 pm »
I haven't played it yet, I bought it for my mom....

I have to say though: nothing compares to Dragon Age at this point for me.. that's my new Fable.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 10:25:27 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
But, yeah.  The game seemed like it had alot to do but I wanted to play the aPRG side of it...I got wrinkly saggy nuts in 2 hours :(

Lemme guess, you spammed magic? A major problem I had with the first game was using will powers ages your character sillyfast, in an attempt to make them cliche'd-wizardly...

I don't know if they changed this for the later games, since I've never played them.

That's not entirely true.  Your character ages by the same amount for each skill you raise, whether they're magic skills or other.  But since there's so many spells, you will get pretty old if you raise all of them to the highest level.  So if you don't want to get too old, don't level up the spells that you'll never use (they're not all that useful anyway).

There's one way to get your character slightly younger again, by donating a lot to the Temple of Avo (I think that's what it's called, iirc).  You're only supposed to get this benefit once (it will lower your age by a random amount), but by exploiting the Hero Save you can keep reducing your age back down to 18.

I haven't played Fable II or III either, but I read that your character doesn't get as old in those games.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:30:00 pm by शेफाली »
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 10:39:05 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Ah, I assumed it was "spells age character" based on one of the early interviews about the game (back when they were throwing over 100 different kinds of !@#$% about the game) where it said that was how it was going to work, and that my own experience seemed to correlate with that...
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 02:05:56 am »
Even though the having to equip different spells annoy me a bit in Fable 3, i'm having a good amount of fun combining them

Combined Vortex and Blades, Knocks the enemy through the air then smacks them with swords ^_^

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 02:29:53 am »
I remember a nice little exploit with the fireball spell and guarding in the first game. I'd trigger the spell and guard, but the fireball would still charge.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 78 queries.