Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No LAN in Starcraft II  (Read 2399 times)

No LAN in Starcraft II
« on: December 29, 2010, 02:50:04 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
WHAT GOT INTO BLIZZARDS HEAD?  Okay other than trying to cut down on piracy...  I just got STARCRAFT II and went right away to set up a local game with a friend only to find out it has none!  That makes me mad!  Only Online crap???  How stupid!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 07:00:44 am by Aero88 »

Xiphirx

wat
Re: No LAN in Starcraft II
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 03:42:40 am »
  • Xiphirx
Yeah, one of the biggest mistakes they could have made...

They could have easily made it so you had to be verified online before playing LAN.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 03:45:50 am »
Wasn't this the talk of the town like a year or so ago when the game came out xD. Sorry Aero, but you probably should have checked first. Doesn't the back of the box or sides or whatever say if there is LAN support?

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 04:07:40 am »
Wasn't this the talk of the town like a year or so ago when the game came out xD. Sorry Aero, but you probably should have checked first. Doesn't the back of the box or sides or whatever say if there is LAN support?
^this

I have had the game since launch day.  You forget about LAN support pretty quickly.
I am now at about 700 matches just on 4v4 alone.  Rank 1 Silver about 2.3k.

Nerdrage code 458 if you guys wanna add me.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 06:07:44 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I don't get why it's really such a big deal anymore. Everyone who has a beefy enough computer to run Starcraft II has internet.
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 06:43:34 am »
I don't get why it's really such a big deal anymore. Everyone who has a beefy enough computer to run Starcraft II has internet.

Don't have to deal with lag and such in LAN games. i don't think. Though i guess the option to do LAN would be nice for people.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 06:46:30 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
They might have it, but not everywhere has good Internet service.  :V

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 06:48:44 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
They might have it, but not everywhere has good Internet service.  :V

Not everybody has good computers either :P They're not catering to that market ;3
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 06:50:21 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
But you can buy a good computer and still be stuck in an area that has no good Internet.
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 06:55:03 am »
  • ...---^^^---...

Yeah maybe I should have.  I suppose I thought it was just a given based on blizzards past games.  I have always played LAN with my friends.  It was always nice to be able to hook up and play even in an area with no internet.  Yeah apparently I haven't been in the loop when it comes to StarCraft because I had no idea.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 07:29:34 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
But you can buy a good computer and still be stuck in an area that has no good Internet.

My point is that people with bad internet isn't their demographic :P Just like people who have bad computers.
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 10:11:01 am »

My point is that people with bad internet isn't their demographic :P Just like people who have bad computers.
I lol at the people who try to play SC2 on 256k and a P3/P4.  You can tell they have one of those because each person could have around 50 units or so and they start to lag everyone.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 12:01:58 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Yeah, this is what stopped me getting the game. I'd only ever play it at LAN parties, and since Starcraft 2 would result in 8 computers trying to get through a 1MB internet connection...yeeeah, that just wouldn't happen.
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 04:03:53 am »
  • ...---^^^---...

Obviously you didn't like to use LAN much, but some people still like to use it a lot.  Even if it isn't their main market though, they could have satisfied both markets by keeping it in.  They could have made it so that two of the same serial numbers cannot play with each other if they were worried about piracy (or the could have found something at least).  It was just stupid to get rid of it all together.  Personally I think they should have gone with the spawn approach that they had in WarCraft 2 (Wow!  That is an old game now).  Giving LAN multiplayer to a group with one serial number.  What they did was really just a slap in the face to those of us who used LAN for multiplayer games.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 04:45:56 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Obviously you didn't like to use LAN much, but some people still like to use it a lot.

Actually I used to LAN all the time :P I just think in this day and age it's a moot thing to have. People don't realize that Blizz is a company and much like every company out there are out to make money. They don't see it as profitable to have one major exploit in their business model; the ability to play a game without validation of purchase.
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 08:13:38 am »
  • ...---^^^---...

Obviously you didn't like to use LAN much, but some people still like to use it a lot.
They don't see it as profitable to have one major exploit in their business model; the ability to play a game without validation of purchase.

Sure.  That is what they are thinking ...  But I think they could have found a way to validate the purchase while still allowing LAN games.  Maybe it would be difficult.   I don't know all about it, but surely there is a way they could have...  And obviously there would be a lot more happy fans if they had done it that way.  Of course there isn't much that can be done about it now, but that doesn't mean it isn't frustrating still.  It is a bigger deal to me because that is really the only way I played multiplayer and I don't really have interest in battlenet.  Regardless though, you can't say that other people shouldn't care about LAN just because you don't anymore.

F.Y.I: I am not trying to be argumentative... just trying to be clear on my perspective.  I really could care less who uses LAN.  I just wish it was still an option when I wanted to use it.

***End Rant***
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:16:16 am by Aero88 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 70 queries.

anything