Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AeroGames Presents: Tank Tactics [DEMO]  (Read 7435 times)

AeroGames Presents: Tank Tactics [DEMO]
« on: March 08, 2015, 11:46:41 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...

Hi guys.  I have been a member here for a long time and have made many games that some of you may remember such as Smash Bros ZFGC.  Over the years you have heard me mention my new game Tank Tactics that I have been working on.  It has been a really long road considering I am working full time and am only programming on the side (as the sole programmer for the game), but we have now released a demo in a greenlight campaign for Steam.  I would really appreciate it if you would take a minute to look at it on steam and up vote it and perhaps pass the demo around.  Thanks!   You guys have been a great resource for questions and answers over the years so thanks again!   XD

About Tank Tactics
Tank Tactics is designed to be a fast paced, arcade style shooter requiring high levels of dexterity, critical thinking, and a love of blowing the smithereens out of everything!  It features multiple play modes, difficulty settings, and interesting game elements like gravity wells and teleports.  And of course...  The ability to combine any two weapons you find into bigger badder enemy splattering rounds of ammunition!  Tank Tactics also contains both elements of high density action and mind bending puzzles.

Unlike other tank games you might have played the AI, on the more difficult play settings, can be extremely challenging as the enemy CPU will actively look for ways to blow the tracks off of your tank by calculating bullet trajectories around corners and actively dodging and shooting down bullets you fire at them.  You must out think and outplay the enemy in order to take the victory!  Do you have what it takes to save this future syfy appocolyptic world from the ravages of these tank tactical overlords?

System Requirements:
* Decent Windows PC running Windows 7 or newer:  Specs are in the process of being determined so please feel free to post your specs and game play experience here!
*We will be releasing Tank Tactics on multiple platforms, but since we are currently working to get the game on steam we are focusing on our PC build

Media
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY_YQ3abLb4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY_YQ3abLb4</a>

and feel free to check our greenlight campaign on steam and vote for the game!
and feel free to check our indiegogo campaign on indiegogo and support its development!

I would love to hear about your experience playing the Tank Tactics demo so please feel free to comment and share your thoughts!
Our website is currently in development, but you will be able to get more info here at www.tanktacticsgame.com
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:10:28 pm by Aero88 »
Re: Tank Tactics
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 11:49:39 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Anybody here have a chance to try this yet?

AJAX

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 04:58:08 am »
Missed this dude. I have it downloading, I'll check it out and give you a review in a bit. The video shows lag though.. I notice that every in game object stalls for about roughly a second and a half in the video. Is this reflecting online gameplay or was that just poor capture footage? Might want to correct stuff like that towards full release. I mean, why not have things smoother? :D
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 12:08:42 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
The game itself runs pretty smoothly from my experience.  The lag I believe is due to the image capture.  Of course if you are experiencing lag when playing that is a different story.

AJAX

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 02:42:18 pm »
Well, alright. :) Just thought I would point that out.. anyways, I have this game downloaded. When I have some downtime here in a bit(lunch time lolz) I'll give it a good playthrough and give some C+C and such.

I really think it's awesome that you followed through with an entire game. The game's logo is dope and from observations the effects looks nice. Something tells me that a game like this is best experienced by pissing off a friend or something by playing online ;p
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 01:47:46 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Thanks.  Yeah I am really happy with how the art turned out.  It has been a long road getting it this far, but a good experience for sure.  I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts on it then.    :)

AJAX

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 04:03:24 am »
Ooo alright so I finally played it for a few levels.. I like it for the most part. Some things, on my Lenovo Y50 I had a white screen until I crtl+atl+del out and opened the game without killing it in order for the display to update.. weird bug, it was like the game itself didn't have focus. Because even when I got it working I was accidentally selecting windows under the game while in full screen..

I wanted to enjoy the gameplay but the crosshair felt too robotic.. like, I would be aiming and then the cursor would stop moving. I don't know if that's the behavior you intended but if not, then yeah.. fix that and the game would be just fine. ;p

Hope this helps!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 12:49:21 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Thanks for taking the time to try it out.  Hm.  No...  Robotic is not the intention.  It should move smoothly.  What are your computers specs if I may ask.  Are you running windows 7 or 8?    Sounds like it is not running correctly on that machine for some reason as I have not seen any of these issues pop up before.  Did you have other programs running in the background?  While is was running, other than the cursor, was the game running smoothly?  It sounds like the cursor probably stopped moving for the same reason the windows behind it were being selected.  Strange behavior indeed.

It sounds like the white screen was probably Game Maker throwing an error.  If you had pressed the windows key you might have been able to see what the error was.  For whatever reason when you are in full screen mode, game maker has a hard time displaying the error pop up.  Did the white screen show up more than once?

Has anybody else here seen similar problems?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:58:43 pm by Aero88 »

AJAX

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 08:31:10 pm »
Oh, I apologize.. one sec

Show content
OS Name   Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview
Version   10.0.9926 Build 9926
Other OS Description    Not Available
OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer   LENOVO
System Model   20378
System Type   x64-based PC
System SKU   LENOVO_MT_20378_BU_idea_FM_Lenovo Y50-70
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date   LENOVO 9ECN31WW(V1.14), 8/18/2014
SMBIOS Version   2.7
Embedded Controller Version   1.49
BIOS Mode   UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer   LENOVO
BaseBoard Model   Not Available
BaseBoard Name   Base Board
Platform Role   Mobile
Secure Boot State   On
PCR7 Configuration   Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory   C:\Windows
System Directory   C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device   \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale   United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer   Version = "10.0.9926.0"
User Name   WIN-DSNKM7J2ENL\Agent
Time Zone   Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory   15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory   10.6 GB
Total Virtual Memory   18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory   11.6 GB
Page File Space   2.38 GB
Page File   C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions   Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions   Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware   Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection   Yes

And I am running in a single-GPU mode where everything is running on the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M. That MIGHT have something to do with it.. Maybe there were GM errors being thrown under the full screen Window which is causing this "robotic-ness" of the mouse movement?

Hmmm...
Re: AeroGames Presents: Tank Tactics
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 05:35:34 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Hello Everyone!  Please see the first post!  We have released a new demo and have launched a greenlight campaign on steam.  Please take a moment to check it out and perhaps even upvote the game on steam!  Thanks! You guys are the best!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY_YQ3abLb4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY_YQ3abLb4</a>

Check out Tank Tactics Greenlight Campaign!
Download Tank Tactics Demo!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:57:07 pm by Aero88 »
Re: AeroGames Presents: Tank Tactics [DEMO]
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 04:18:54 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Hi everyone!  So Tank Tactics has been in the works for over 3 years while working days jobs trying to keep our houses. You understand...  Many of you are also indie developers.  Anyhow,  My team has now launched a crowdfunding campaign for Tank Tactics.  We would greatly appreciate any support for your fellow indie friends.  Please feel free to spread the word, and try out our game, and perhaps even consider supporting us.

Check our indiegogo campaign and support its development!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:00:25 pm by Aero88 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 60 queries.

anything