Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hope this is in the right place, but about the censors...  (Read 7263 times)

Re: Hope this is in the right place, but about t...
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2007, 05:04:55 pm »
why not change the censors to ?
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2007, 04:54:41 am »
  • w00t
This is a funny topic to read with the censors on due to the new system.  Half of everyone's posts in page 2 are all solid black areas.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2007, 09:46:26 am »
  • Fight the Power
Yup, I understood half of it.

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 05:00:20 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
http://www.zfgc.com/index.php?topic=13944.0

The topic title just looks stupid now.

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 05:04:23 pm »
Yep - Blame .TaKaM, was this idea :D.
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2007, 05:07:58 pm »
  • Back again.
This topic did more than I intended. Oh, well, reading the second page is funny.
Just kinda moseying along.
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2007, 05:21:43 pm »
  • I murder your toys as well
This is a PG-13 forum, and I'm pretty sure you'd hear words like !@#$% and DICK in a pg-13 movie. Only "!@#$%" and stronger words like that should be censored.

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2007, 05:32:26 pm »
  • [sic]
You censored !@#$%? And these boxes are ridiculous.
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2007, 06:20:15 pm »
So turn them off then, It's in your profile. I don't know why people have to be so incompetent. It's all a matter of personal opinion. If these words go against your nature, use the censor feature provided to you. If you have a problem with which words are censored or don't like the way it appears censored then turn it off, don't complain just turn it off, its that simple.

If you would prefer to have only certain words censored rather then all of the ones Infinitus chose to censor, then you need to use a third party program to customize it yourself. But even though I disagree with censoring something like !@#$%... This way, everything is censored and nobody can complain, about certain words not being censored. It's not a half assed one, its complete. You either want it or  you don't, the choice is entirely yours.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2007, 07:51:58 pm »
  • IBV
Why not make it an option for people to actually write in their words in a box in their profile? That way anyone could customize it how they want it. Plus, it probably remove the problem that quotes automatically get censored since the censor is done as the last step, before actually sending the page to the browser.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2007, 07:56:30 pm »
  • [sic]
Why not make it an option for people to actually write in their words in a box in their profile? That way anyone could customize it how they want it. Plus, it probably remove the problem that quotes automatically get censored since the censor is done as the last step, before actually sending the page to the browser.
Wow, that'd be really nice.

So turn them off then, It's in your profile. I don't know why people have to be so incompetent. It's all a matter of personal opinion. If these words go against your nature, use the censor feature provided to you. If you have a problem with which words are censored or don't like the way it appears censored then turn it off, don't complain just turn it off, its that simple.
And if you have both? Then what? The fact is that the current censor is impractical and overdone.
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2007, 08:06:14 pm »
whoa, I was being sarcastic, I think you guys have gotten completely out of control with the censors.

censoring words like !@#$% is !@#$% retarded
I don't know how much clearer I need to make this, but the only words that should be censored are:
!@#$%
!@#$%
DICK
!@#$%/!@#$%
anything more is not a good precaution, it's just retarded.
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2007, 08:19:09 pm »
whoa, I was being sarcastic, I think you guys have gotten completely out of control with the censors.
Don't worry I was just joking, besides I quite like the black bar idea :D - mainly just because its fun to play with but what the hey.

censoring words like !@#$% is !@#$% retarded
I don't know how much clearer I need to make this, but the only words that should be censored are:
!@#$%
!@#$%
DICK
!@#$%/!@#$%
anything more is not a good precaution, it's just retarded.
Ah but the thing is it goes both ways you think it may be retarded to censor any mooe but someone who is overly sensitive to swearing may think the censor is half-arsed if I don't censor any more than that. Its a matter of balance really, my personal opinion is to setup the censor so its overly precautious and the leave it up to individual members to decide if they wish to turn it on or not.
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2007, 08:52:17 pm »
if I had a problem with a few swear words I think I would find it offensive you assume Im offended by words like '!@#$%'
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2007, 09:05:38 pm »
  • [sic]
if I had a problem with a few swear words I think I would find it offensive you assume Im offended by words like '!@#$%'
OK, let me speak as someone who uses the swear filter. (I do) I'm not a prude, but I don't like swearing when it's really not necessary, and I find it offensive when used that way. I don't know why, but something about a masked word, even with just one asterisk, like f*ck (although I prefer f**k) seems less offensive. I do want to know what the person is saying, though, and word replacement does work, but the problem is that it needs to be very, very precise, especially with words as volatile as !@#$% or words like hell, which can be vulgar or not depending on their context. (I don't have a problem with the word hell, and use it sometimes) Like !@#$% to funk. It makes no sense in any situation, and it's pathetic. So, overall, it's better to mask words so as not to offend those who don't want to see the words without making it unclear what the person is saying. Also, when quoting posts, if !@#$% changes to funk, it is annoying for users who don't use filtering, but changing to f**k is far less annoying.

And as Taka said, I am not offended by !@#$% - the only people who are offended by words like !@#$% are super-conservative people of the previous generation or little kids who are being raised by those kinds of people.

As a side note, I also don't think sexual slang or racial slurs should be censored, except for DICK, which is used more as a swear word than anything else. And I have never read a topic with the words !@#$% or cum here anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 68 queries.

anything