Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Wii rpgs  (Read 2610 times)

uma

Wii rpgs
« on: December 20, 2007, 11:29:56 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Well, Christmas is coming up and my mom keeps telling me "WHAT DU U WANT 4 CHRISTMAS" and I'm all "AUGHGHAGH I don't know!" and she's all "WELL THINK OF SOMETHING".

I really can't think of anything I want... So, I was wondering if there are any Wii rpgs that are already out now(... IN AMERICA). There going to be some good ones later(Like Opoona or Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers), but now I can't think of any. Here are the Wii games I have:
1. Super Paper Mario
2. Super Mario Galaxy(Not rpg)

I have Wii sports, but I don't count that one because it came with my wii. Oh, and also, no Twilight Princess. I already have the GC version and plus, it's not even an Rpg.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
Re: Wii rpgs
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 11:31:50 pm »
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is considered a tactical RPG, if you wanna get that. <.<
  • RPG Empire
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 11:32:26 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Well, Christmas is coming up and my mom keeps telling me "WHAT DU U WANT 4 CHRISTMAS" and I'm all "AUGHGHAGH I don't know!" and she's all "WELL THINK OF SOMETHING".

I really can't think of anything I want... So, I was wondering if there are any Wii rpgs that are already out now(... IN AMERICA). There going to be some good ones later(Like Opoona or Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers), but now I can't think of any. Here are the Wii games I have:
1. Super Paper Mario

I have Wii sports, but I don't count that one because it came with my wii. Oh, and also, no Twilight Princess. I already have the GC version and plus, it's not even an Rpg.
Radiant Dawn is basicaaly all right now.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 11:44:38 pm »
  • Silly cat!
The Wii is kind of lacking in the RPG department... for now.

RPGs out now:
- Super Paper Mario
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

RPGs to come:
- Opoona
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
- Tales of Symphonia: Ratatoskr no Kishi

You'd probably want to go with Radiant Dawn if you want an RPG right now. It received mostly good reviews (apart from GameSpot) so it should be a worthy purchase if you're into that sort of genre. I can't say, because I haven't played it, and don't really plan to.

Hoffy.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 12:50:13 am »
  • The Mike
Get Super Paper Mario!!! It's an awesome game, trust me!

• Zelda Eternity

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 01:02:34 am »
  • :3

1. Super Paper Mario

Wii Sports is Simulation, not RPG!
Gannon-banned brother.

uma

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 01:22:55 am »

1. Super Paper Mario

It was okay. Though I felt like sleeping in a lot of the parts for some reason.

Uhhh... Duuuuuhh. I never said it was... :S

EDIT: Almost forgot! Fire Emblem is meh to me. I don't like tactical rpgs very much... I don't know why the Wii is so radiculously lacking in rpgs. After playing Super Mario Galaxy, an rpg would be perfect with those kinds of controls(Though I would prefer a targeting system like in Kingdom Hearts). Or even a turnbased game, in the vain of Skys of Arcadia or Saga Fronteir 2.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 01:25:19 am by uma »
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 01:36:03 am »
There isn't really RPGs for the Wii out yet... Hm, the nearest things are Fire Emblem (a tactical RPG which hasn't been released in Europe -.-) and Super Paper Mario.
Other than that, I recommend the 4 games I have, and the ones which have been getting the biggest scores... Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4 Wii, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption. They're all worth it.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 02:37:03 am »
  • b e p i s
Fire Emblem seems like a safe bet. I have the GameCube game (Path of Radiance) and it's a lot of fun. :P
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 03:47:10 am »
As everyone else has said, there aren't really any.  Also, there is reason to believe that FFCC:CB has been scrapped and now there is only going to be the WiiWare FFCC game.  If I were you I'd wait until No More Heroes comes out and get it as a late present.

And people wonder why I sold my Wii... <_<  *ducks, covers, and awaits flaming*
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 04:05:13 am »
The wii sucks for rpg's, which is bull,

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 04:11:03 am »
I love my Wii but...

Wii + RPG =
[insert HAHA, OH WOW image]

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 04:37:11 am »
  • Silly cat!
EDIT: Almost forgot! Fire Emblem is meh to me. I don't like tactical rpgs very much... I don't know why the Wii is so radiculously lacking in rpgs. After playing Super Mario Galaxy, an rpg would be perfect with those kinds of controls(Though I would prefer a targeting system like in Kingdom Hearts). Or even a turnbased game, in the vain of Skys of Arcadia or Saga Fronteir 2.
The Wii lacks RPGs because practically all good RPGs in existence have "Square" somewhere on their box, and Square aren't major contributors to the Wii. Crystal Bearers will be released, though. I don't think it has been scrapped, Domo.

The GameCube got few RPGs too (except the infamous Tales of Symphonia), and I don't think the N64 had any at all. I doubt the Wii will have many. OSHI, I just saw lightning *turns off PC*

Hoffy.
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 05:11:01 am »
The Wii lacks RPGs because practically all good RPGs in existence have "Square" somewhere on their box, and Square aren't major contributors to the Wii. Crystal Bearers will be released, though. I don't think it has been scrapped, Domo.

The GameCube got few RPGs too (except the infamous Tales of Symphonia), and I don't think the N64 had any at all. I doubt the Wii will have many. OSHI, I just saw lightning *turns off PC*
Actually, the N64 had Quest 64 for one rpg *woohoo!*...And if !@#$% Nintendo and Square hadn't had issues, FF6 was going to be remade to the N64 in full 3d....
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 05:12:03 am »
You could always buy an RPG for the GameCube and play it on your Wii. ;D
ZFGC Veteran since 2004
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 05:19:08 am »
Oh and to further the n64 rpg thingy:
Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage
Ogre Battle: Person of Lordly Calibur

Back to topic:
Sorry but Nintendo's days of rpgs will probably only continue on the DS and their next handhelds...
The SNES had the largest base of rpgs I think for a console of Nintendo's...
Get a bunch of old skool games with Wii Points from the SNES era if they have the greats(Crono Trigger, SoM, FF6, Star Ocean...).

Sony's consoles will dominate the rpg for a good next few years...Microsoft may make a good impact depending on how they do with Square and Mystwalker(or moonwalker I can't remeber what's the name of the company the former founder of Square created)...
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 07:26:52 am »
(Crono Trigger, SoM, FF6, Star Ocean...)

Not yet.. =/

I wait with eager anticipation for FF6 and Chrono Trigger.

I believe they have one of the Breath of Fire games on the Virtual Console. And they have random old retro RPG's that were very much little known.
ZFGC Veteran since 2004
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 07:27:22 am »
Crystal Bearers will be released, though. I don't think it has been scrapped, Domo.

I hope so, but there are plenty of rumors.  For one we've seen one trailer for Crystal Bearers since it was announced and like three for "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Young King and the Promised Land" and it was only announced a couple months ago.  Also, the site for the WiiWare title has a link to the DS game's site but no links to FFCC:CB's site.  It obviously hasn't been confirmed, but then again when was the last time we heard anything about it at all?  I hope it wasn't canceled because it looked much more interesting to me and I'd like to be able to play it once I buy another Wii.

Anyway, I'm getting really off-topic...so yeah.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]

uma

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 11:50:13 am »
Crystal Bearers will be released, though. I don't think it has been scrapped, Domo.

I hope so, but there are plenty of rumors.  For one we've seen one trailer for Crystal Bearers since it was announced and like three for "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Young King and the Promised Land" and it was only announced a couple months ago.  Also, the site for the WiiWare title has a link to the DS game's site but no links to FFCC:CB's site.  It obviously hasn't been confirmed, but then again when was the last time we heard anything about it at all?  I hope it wasn't canceled because it looked much more interesting to me and I'd like to be able to play it once I buy another Wii.

Anyway, I'm getting really off-topic...so yeah.

When FFCCRoF was announced, they didn't have nothing on it until like waaay later, so they probably are doing the same thing with FFCCCB
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 03:04:17 pm »
  • :3

1. Super Paper Mario

It was okay. Though I felt like sleeping in a lot of the parts for some reason.

Uhhh... Duuuuuhh. I never said it was... :S

Err, sorry 'bout that. Context confusion?

Is Monster Hunter 3, or whatever it's called (the ex-PS3 title) an RPG?
Gannon-banned brother.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 77 queries.