Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Supeesu Seizon  (Read 2378 times)

Koh

Supeesu Seizon
« on: February 18, 2013, 04:15:06 am »
  • Tamer Koh
Supeesu Seizon

Development Info
-Made in Game Maker 8.1 Standard.
-Programming and sprites done by Dominic Brooks (Tamer Koh AKA Dlbrooks33).
-Sound Effects from RPG Maker.
-MIDI Music from a 1996 Windows PC Puzzle Game, Üz 3.0.  MP3 music created using Solmire.com.

Overview
This started out as a little challenge from a friend of mine, who was bored, and I accepted the challenge to sate his boredom by the end of a weekend by making a game for him to play.  I started it on Saturday evening, and finished it by Sunday afternoon.  He played it and liked it, and so I considered it a 1-Day Game Development challenge.  However, the game was endless and repetitive, so I decided I wanted to take it further and turn the challenge into a 1-Week Game Development Challenge.  By the end of the week, I only added half of the things I wanted to add, so now I plan on finishing it with no time constraints.

Game Info
It's an arcade-style, horizontal-scrolling survival-shooter.  Your objective is just to survive.  Can you make it through the end of the waves of enemies alive?  It becomes more bullet-hell like the deeper into the waves you go.

Current Features
-8 Waves (Levels)
-3 Unique Enemy Types.
-2 Bosses.
-3 Different Weapons.

Planned Features
-18 Waves (Levels)
-6 Unique Enemy Types.
-6 Bosses.
-6 Different Weapons.

Demo Video
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghFBzurF3_w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghFBzurF3_w</a>

Demo Download
Supeesu Seizon Demo Download
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:21:02 pm by dlbrooks33 »
  • Megaclipse Games

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: Weekend Game Development
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 12:28:18 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Hehe I love the sweet music. What did you code this in? It's pretty good. I guess you did a sort of solo game jam.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Koh

Re: Weekend Game Development
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 04:12:18 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
Why thank you =).  This is made in Game Maker 8 Standard, and the music is from an OLD 1997 Windows Puzzle Game I used to play a lot, and happened to still have the CD for, Uz 3.0.  They were in MIDI format, so I passed them through soundfonts for the higher quality music found in the video.
  • Megaclipse Games

Koh

Re: Supeesu Seizon
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 05:21:23 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
Well the week is over, and I basically only have half of the new game done.  It went from being a complete, endless game, to an incomplete, more content-stuffed, non-endless game, but that's okay.  Since I'm at the halfway mark, I'll just go ahead and work on finishing it, no time limit.  That said, I have prepared a demo for you guys to play, as well as a new video to show what's in the demo (see the first post).  Have fun, and post any criticism and/or praise here.
  • Megaclipse Games
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 45 queries.

anything