Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interview with Miyamoto  (Read 3297 times)

Interview with Miyamoto
« on: June 15, 2009, 02:52:02 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/everybody-wave-yo-hands/

Just posted yesterday.  Look, they're actually working on gameplay this time!!!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

DJvenom

super-sage
Re: Interview with Miyamoto
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 03:17:39 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Link, the main character of The Legend of Zelda, loves to shoot arrows himself.
That's my new favorite quote :3
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 03:39:58 pm »
Interesting. At least they will take the time to develop the game. For all I care they can postpone it to 2012. I'm still a bit skeptic about how well the motion plus will be, because with the release of the wii they also said that the wiimote would have full motion control. Ah well, be patient and wii will sii.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 08:09:09 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
D: Okay, I just read the whole thing and this is what I got out of it...

"We want to sell more extra !@#$%, so we're making the game require more extra !@#$%, but we're also making it pretty to make people want to buy our extra !@#$%" - Miyamoto

:(
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 09:38:19 pm »
Actually this is cool. It hopefully marks a trend where instead of pumping out a game for everyone Miyamoto is actually producing the game the he wants, which has worked for all the other good Zelda games.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:29:24 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Actually this is cool. It hopefully marks a trend where instead of pumping out a game for everyone Miyamoto is actually producing the game the he wants, which has worked for all the other good Zelda games.

And most Miyamotos games. Hell, even Wii Music is good at what it does. Its just a lot of people don't like what it does.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 10:58:06 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Well no, that's not good <_<... That's what Square started doing, and look at the flack they've taken in :s... Developing for themselves and not their audience is horrible, and Miyamoto has been doing it for quite a while. Like it or not, Nintendo has abandoned what made them great because of the fact that they're more about making games *they* enjoy instead of games their demographic enjoy.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 04:00:27 am »

Well no, that's not good <_<... That's what Square started doing, and look at the flack they've taken in :s... Developing for themselves and not their audience is horrible, and Miyamoto has been doing it for quite a while. Like it or not, Nintendo has abandoned what made them great because of the fact that they're more about making games *they* enjoy instead of games their demographic enjoy.
Yeah but up to this point everything he wants has been games for everyone and this shows more of a dedication to making a game that is what the creator imagined rather then just what will appeal to large audiences.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 04:27:51 am »

Miyamoto has almost always made games how he wanted them.  The original Zelda?  Exactly how he wanted.  Nintendo actually wanted him to completely change it and make it a linear game.  We all know how linear Zeldas turn out.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 04:30:46 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Well, Zelda is linear. No matter how you slice it, you still need ITEM X to get to LOCATION Y. You may be able to *enter* some dungeons prematurely, but it doesn't mean you can complete them. You're required to follow the events sequentially.

There hasn't been a truly non-linear Zelda game to date O_o;;
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 12:57:20 pm »

Miyamoto has almost always made games how he wanted them.  The original Zelda?  Exactly how he wanted.  Nintendo actually wanted him to completely change it and make it a linear game.  We all know how linear Zeldas turn out.

I agree with you about the fact that Miyamoto has always created the games they want. I have to agree with Mamo, that Zelda games never have been completely linear. You could divert from the main story to do sidequest or part of later dungeons, but the completion of dungeons has always been sequential.

That developers are making games they like and just for their audience, is a good thing. Gamers notice the passion or the lack of it in games.

The problem is that the most prominent faces at Nintendo have grown older and you notice that in the games. They should put some more younger talent forward.
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 01:36:58 pm »
I would rather not wait longer then needed. I mean... !@#$% Metroid and Super Mario Galaxy 2 I want the new Zelda! :D
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 02:34:32 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
Well, Zelda is linear. No matter how you slice it, you still need ITEM X to get to LOCATION Y. You may be able to *enter* some dungeons prematurely, but it doesn't mean you can complete them. You're required to follow the events sequentially.

Though, in A Link to the Past you could do the dungeons out of the intended order.  It's possible to do the 4th and 6th dungeons before the 3rd and 5th.

Also, the Light and Shadow temples could be done in any order in Ocarina of Time.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 02:39:38 pm by Mitsu »
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 03:05:40 pm »

You could do the dungeons in Zelda 1 in almost ANY order O_o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda
the see the gameplay section

Anyway, point is, Nintendo wanted him to drastically change the game, but he said no, screw you and made it how he wanted.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 03:07:11 pm by MG-Zero »

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 09:25:04 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
You could do some dungeons out of order in OoT and LttP as well.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 09:46:14 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
But in the end you still have to beat all the dungeons to get to one certain one. Non-linear in my eyes is you have 3 dungeons, and beating each one makes a certain event happen, which unlocks another 3 of 9 dungeons, and beating one of those triggers another event that maybe unlocks another one of the first dungeons, etc. Flags and Multiple paths that cant be explored in 1 playthrough ftw :]
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 05:16:40 am »
  • The Mike
You could do some dungeons out of order in OoT and LttP as well.
...and you can do all the dungeons in MM out of order. XD

• Zelda Eternity

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 05:34:00 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
o.0 but the point is you can't go to Dungeon 7, then do 1, then 3, then 6, then 2, then 4, so on so forth. There's usually like one or two dungeons you can go through by sequence breaking, but it doesn't mean you can complete the game from there. For example, in lttp, you can get the heavy gloves and get the tempered sword before beating dungeon 1 by grabbing the hammer first, but you still *need* the hammer from dungeon 1 to sequence break. It's not truly non linear due to sequential limitations. I suppose it involves how you perceive a non-linear game should be. I see Zelda as an exploration game; they want you to enter the wrong dungeon and say "!@#$% I need to do something else to get further", as apposed to "!@#$% yeah I found a dungeon randomly so I'll complete it and go to the next", whereas in games like GTA they sandbox you entirely with multiple paths from the start.
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 03:54:49 pm »
It really depends on your interpretation of linear, I guess.  I see linear meaning that you have to do it in order of 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on (alla Twilight Princess), where in the original Zelda, I was able to complete dungeon 4 before anything else.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 76 queries.