Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts Fan Video Game  (Read 11652 times)

Kingdom Hearts Fan Video Game
« on: August 21, 2015, 07:11:44 am »
Hey everyone,

I'm new here. Pleased to be among all of you. I absolutely love Zelda too, but a few days ago I already embarked on a KH inspired project. I hope you guys will really love it and perhaps I will move on to Zelda someday.

Update 1:
Show content

(In case image script doesn't work).
http://i.imgur.com/XQQlZjy.png

I'd love to chat with all of you.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:43:00 am by voltage »
Re: Kingdom Hearts Fan Video Game
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 02:46:39 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Hey, welcome! Kingdom hearts is a phenomenal game, I recently replayed it and got the ultima weapon for the first time, felt like such a badass.

There's some pretty brilliant coders here who I bet would help you. I am not one if them, sadly :/
But best of luck with your game. I'm eager to see it progress.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 07:28:51 am »
@Donotfeedthemax

Thank you so much for stopping by! It's great to be welcomed in a community to share. Kingdom Hearts is a wonderful series, I think some of its plot lines have stretched far enough and I'd like to create new ones. It's been years since I've played. I picked up Kh 1.5 Remix just last week to remind myself of the gameplay.

Great programmers you say? I'd love to talk to all of you, I've got quite a few years myself. XD (What engines are common here)?

Update 2:
Show content

(In case the image script doesn't work).
http://i.imgur.com/gL5kKgD.png

Unlike other fan games, I won't be ripping a single 3d model for this. I'm not as good as the pros, but I think I'm good enough. I want to make sure all the content melds together nicely.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:44:17 am by voltage »
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 01:36:19 am »
Hello everyone!

Update 3:
Show content

(In case the image script doesn't work).
http://i.imgur.com/91es9m8.png

It's been awhile and this time around, I've got for you a few bits of news. First off, say hello to our first heartless Requiem. He comes in all sorts of variants, some big/small/fire/ice/thunder/etc. From this screenshot here, you can see not only is the Requiem model finished and in need of a skin, but he's also playable for the time being as programming the game mechanics are underway.

Along with our new baddie, we've also got a shot at our new gummi. A first in any fandom, the Valkyrie. This ship will serve you well as you travel the deep space missions.

In addition to this small news, it's also worth noting that 3 worlds are currently written up and hopefully more along the way. I think you'll find them quite nostalgic.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:44:46 am by voltage »
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 06:05:42 am »
I know those of you who follow this thread have been patient and I hope this satisfies you until next week!

Update 4:
Show content

I'm taking suggestions for in-game content btw. If you're a fan of this series and want to incorporate some kind of influence. Here's your chance!

There's a couple of huge Youtubers out there that I know would cover my content further down the road. I intend on emailing them when a playable demo is attainable.

(Image links aren't working because of dropbox?)

Till next time.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:45:23 am by voltage »
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 12:17:41 am »
  • It's just Max.
For me, the image links aren't working (yeah, probably because of dropbox), probably because following the link, I have to download the image to see it on the page. Probably just posting the image somewhere other than dropbox would be better for showing the images on forums. Also, if you hit the reply button here you can attach the image right to your post and don't have to upload it anywhere else, I assume that hosts the image on the ZFGC servers or something. I actually have no idea how it works :p
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 05:47:00 am »
It's nice to hear from you again Max! The views are climbing up there, so I know some people are interested!  XD

I figured out the dropbox issue and all of the spoilers should work just fine without the links.

Update 5:
Show content
Yikes! I won't rest until you have a quality game!

Show content

The Unknown character model was severely unfinished. I imported him to the engine and he had plenty of graphical errors. Now he's more refined and there'll be at least two variants! What could this mean for the story?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:14:04 am by voltage »
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 04:19:44 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Sorry, at least on my end, I'm still just getting tinly boxes with "?" in them.
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 04:26:41 pm »
  • Personal Saucier
Hi voltage -- those dropbox links are not publically viewable, so we cannot see them since we are not logged in as you :(
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 05:47:33 am »
Hey guys. Thanks for continuing the feedback. How strange this has turned out. I switched to Imgur and updated the posts. Can you see them now?  :huh:
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 08:28:49 am »
  • It's just Max.
Works perfectly now : )

I don't know if it's just me or the perspective or something, but it looks kinda like the Nobody has pretty short legs and/or a long torso. Reminiscent of Wind Waker's style, which I love. It'd be interesting to see Kingdom Hearts done in wind waker style, haha.

The model definitely seems to have a bit of a giraffe neck going on there though.
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 05:24:08 pm »
The torso is an illusion, because he's wearing the coat. More of his legs are actually tucked underneath the tasset portion of the outfit. I've been wondering the same about his neck. Someone else pointed this out to me too, so I think it shall be dealt with.

As a side note, I'm happy to report I've got a dubstep mixer on the team. He goes by Termina Valley and you can hear one of his great songs below;

https://soundcloud.com/terminavalley/dearlybeloved
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 05:48:59 pm »
Update 6:
Show content

All content is subject to change/additional mechanics to be applied at a later date.
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 11:05:08 pm »
Update 7: Heartless inbound!
Show content

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:33:50 am by voltage »
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 05:33:07 am »
Update 8:
Show content

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 08:22:36 am »
Hello Everyone! I am back. Newer content is continually on the horizon and for this update I have a four part segment;

Update 9:
Show content
The Enigma Floating Anim
Show content
Enigma Leaning Anim
Show content
Show content

I am so excited to keep pumping out content for you guys! Gameplay is just around the corner, perhaps within the next 5 updates? Maybe longer as I will want to refine animation as beautiful as I can, as well as create a youtube channel. I'm hoping my content will reach the X-Keepers on youtube. If you've been following this, please put in a good word to them for yours truly. I'm always looking for more inspiration and you guys are my motivation.

I know there've been gaps between the usual Update time spans and I took this liberty in-order to keep behind the scenes content hidden. You can expect random drops for updates from now on, but rest assured hard work is always underway.

You can find my Imgur channel here for up-to-date images;
Voltage114 on Imgur

Till next time.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:25:00 am by voltage »
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 04:59:26 am »
I forgot to mention something.
Show content
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 04:22:54 am »
  • It's just Max.
Haha, is Hyrule one of the worlds Sora can visit in your game? That would be sweet, especially if you got a master sword inspired keyblade for completing the level :D
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 10:59:26 am »
Yeah, Nintendo is replacing Disney. I would've left some plot, but it seems like not many are interested here.
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 11:29:49 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Whaaaat? So Sora's traveling to like, the Mushroom Kingdom and Hyrule and Brinstar and stuff? That is SO cool.

And yeah, in general it is a little dead around here. Lol, I'm like the only one who's replied to you, but good for you for continuing on posting updates here in the face of overwhelming apathy! You have a strong game developing spirit :p

Even if I am the only one, I am pretty psyched to see Sora wandering around Nintendo's worlds. Keep it up, man!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 78 queries.