Resources > Audio

Twilight Princess - Overworld

<< < (4/4)

Q.K.:
Hey, I'd love to hear the version with soundfonts, but currently, that link is redirecting me to some Trustsoft Inc Antispyware page. :P

Gyrowolf:
Alright. I don't think I can direct link. Try downloading it from here:
http://gyrowolf.weezyhost.com/music.html

It's towards the bottom. Thanks for the heads up!

Q.K.:
It's definately a lot better now... One thing. On the pan pipes, are you doubling it with a breath noise? Now, I'm not an expert, but it seems to me as if those are only used when players start their breathing. It's really a miniscule thing, and hard to tell really, but if you're doubling the breath sounds with the flute, I'd suggest changing things up a bit, and not have them on the ... I don't know, the 5 really fast notes that go upwards. I also noticed there's a breath sound sticking out after somewhere in the middle, it might be some sort of offset, or panning causing this, but it sort of sounds like a "beep" and it sticks out a bit.

^^Please note... I'm being REALLY picky. It's just that it's so good already, there's not a lot I can suggest. Keep it up.

EDIT: It's right at 1 minute, 9 seconds. :P

Gyrowolf:
Thanks for commenting! ;D

--- Quote ---One thing. On the pan pipes, are you doubling it with a breath noise?
--- End quote ---

I'm using two Forest Flute soundfonts I got off of Hammer Sound.com/net/whatever. Forest Flute II which is a soft blow with a hard release, and Forest Flute III which is a hard puff followed by a soft blow. The FFIII is turned down low, because it was too overpowering, yet just what I needed. I think what you're hearing at the end is the FFII's hard release. Perhaps if I fade it out a bit.

You may have also noticed that the timpanies have more boom than the ones in Koji's version (the original). I thought it gave it more power, so I kept it, though some may think it's too much.

--- Quote ---^^Please note... I'm being REALLY picky. It's just that it's so good already, there's not a lot I can suggest. Keep it up.
--- End quote ---

picky is good, it means you're listening. Thanks!

Q.K.:
Hey, no problem. If you ever want to collab and try doing some music together (mp3 of course, or ogg, if file size is an issue ;)) that would be fine. We can just chuck all our MIDI stuff into FL and I'll do some work on it "humanizing" it and adding whatever kind of extra stuff we need (Got a huge-ass sample collection that I'm dying to put to good use :P) just let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version