Projects > Recruitment

Zelda:Lttp fangame!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tonydaderp:

--- Quote from: sephiroth976 on October 24, 2016, 11:54:39 am ---What you have so far looks great, looks very much like the original LTTP, as for having the boomerang return to link, just have it go towards the player in the step event instead of just back the way it came from:

--- Code: ---if instance_exists(obj_player) {
    direction = point_direction(self.x,self.y,obj_player.x,obj_player.y);
}

--- End code ---

Not sure exactly how your boomerang mechanic works but i hope this helps anyway, gonna keep an eye on this project.

--- End quote ---

My boomerang mechanic is when the you press "x", if spawns the boomerang and changes its speed depending on the direction link is facing. The boomerang has an alarm that turns its own speed into -speed, so it comes back. When it hits link, it destroys itself.

edit: It worked! It now returns back to link, however, if you manage to quickly turn around a wall, the boomerang will hit the wall and get stuck until link moves. Thanks a lot anyways!

MG-Zero:
Probably would make sense to stop detecting collisions on walls with the boomerang when it's coming back to you

sephiroth976:

--- Quote ---Probably would make sense to stop detecting collisions on walls with the boomerang when it's coming back to you
--- End quote ---

Pretty much this, just have it ignore certain collisions on return.

Also if you need the actual font without it being a picture: http://www.dafont.com/return-of-ganon.font

Tonydaderp:
Thank you! I looked at return of the font return of ganon before, but it is in black. The font in lttp is blue and white. Thanks tho.

sephiroth976:
Using scrips in game maker you can draw the text as white with a blue outline, it isnt too hard to do, just google drawing text with outline in game maker, you should be able to find info on it, if not i can probably post it here later when i have more time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version