Resources > Coding

Beginning with C++

<< < (2/4) > >>

MG-Zero:
Yea, I actually do like it.  I always refer to that book when I need help before comming here or to hl2world

Raen:
I'd like to give a bit of advice to those who wish to learn C++.

I myself am in the learning process, and I was talking to my dad the other day about what I was doing. He himself is a programmer, so he knows what he is talking about. He told me that learning C++ is good, but that as I learned, and need to be sure I was learning just as much about how to program as about C++. It's good to know a language, but learning how to program and how to think like a programmer is more important.

Languages change, and the industry standard changes. Right now C++ is dominant, but within 5 or so years, there will be a new language on top. But if you are a good programmer, then learning a new language is easy. But you have to be sure to learn about how to program, and not just memorize the languages.

Cassyblanca:
yeah, that is a great point. I myself know quite a few different languages, and it's a WONDERFUL thing to be multilingual with programming, because things will change. A lot. Fast. This is the technology world, after all.

aab:

--- Quote from: Acid Rain on December 08, 2006, 12:57:56 am ---I'd like to give a bit of advice to those who wish to learn C++.

I myself am in the learning process, and I was talking to my dad the other day about what I was doing. He himself is a programmer, so he knows what he is talking about. He told me that learning C++ is good, but that as I learned, and need to be sure I was learning just as much about how to program as about C++. It's good to know a language, but learning how to program and how to think like a programmer is more important.

Languages change, and the industry standard changes. Right now C++ is dominant, but within 5 or so years, there will be a new language on top. But if you are a good programmer, then learning a new language is easy. But you have to be sure to learn about how to program, and not just memorize the languages.

--- End quote ---
Yeh, thats very important.
Thats pretty much how a proper university course is layed out.
In fact, they are making us write assembly programs this week, yet having not told us about it (im ok with the assembly, its dealing with the PIC microcontroller that's puzzling as they havent old us how the hell it does what it does, just to make it do things.. Hello, there are 65025 input possibilities and we have to somehow know on our own which ones do which things) ...Next year i've been told that they basically mention an obscure language and tell us to have programs finished for it in a week etc.
Fun!

Riisnæs:
Is there a good guide to learn how to program?  Not some specific language, just basically how it's done to learn a thing or two?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version