Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just bought Final Fantasy V *Spoilers!*  (Read 3274 times)

Re: I just bought Final Fantasy V *Spoilers!*
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 05:17:01 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
there is a glitch in the game. 

*spoilers*
when the king of tycoon dies, he calls the main character butz, even if you name him something else(butz is the default)
*end of spoilers*

that's a bad glitch.

Dascu

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2007, 04:11:28 pm »
Best job:
Bares but with lots of stat boosts from the other classes.
Although Mime works fine as a Magic Class.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 04:44:16 pm »
  • .越//
5 is my favorite 2D FF, even thought i never got through ( somewhere in the third world ) and i never played ff6 ( which was the ff part which was ported to n64 and changed to 7, just like with oot and lttp where lttp is my favorite and the most have oot.... maybe its better )

btw: i use always default names, thats how the story should be told i think

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Dascu

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 05:20:10 pm »
FF6 is better than FF5.
FF5 had a superior battle system though, even with the very nice Esper Stat boost system in FF6. But characters/storywise, FF6 wins by far.

Busternaut

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 09:29:20 pm »
Ramuh is so !@#$% easy to get.

All you need is the Ifrit summon and a Blue Mage with the Blue Spell Death Claw.
You have to go to the big forest east of the Town of Istory. Eventually you'll get in a battle with Ramuh. Have your Blue Mage use Death Claw thenthe next person no matter who attack Ramuh. Ramuh will die in 2 hits. If you don't have the Ifrit summon then you won't get the item Ramuh that teaches the group the summon Ramuh.
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 10:40:45 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
FF6 is better than FF5.
FF5 had a superior battle system though, even with the very nice Esper Stat boost system in FF6. But characters/storywise, FF6 wins by far.

I see, and I might agree, but I haven't gottet the game yet, and wouldn't know where to find it anyway, to see so for myself.  Still, after reading about him, Kefka seems interesting.  I think I probably have the titles messed up though.  It would help if there were actually subtitles, such as The Wind Waker. :p

As for where I am in the game now, I have no idea where to go.  I've recently gotten the airship, and tried going back to the Town of Ruin, something came out from under it, and then I was able to play again.  So I traveled some, and found the main character's/Travis's home town, saw the scene with him and Faris, and then left.

Busternaut

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2007, 11:11:07 pm »
FF6 is better than FF5.

I see, and I might agree, but I haven't gottet the game yet, and wouldn't know where to find it anyway, to see so for myself.  Still, after reading about him, Kefka seems interesting.  I think I probably have the titles messed up though.  It would help if there were actually subtitles, such as The Wind Waker. :p

As for where I am in the game now, I have no idea where to go.  I've recently gotten the airship, and tried going back to the Town of Ruin, something came out from under it, and then I was able to play again.  So I traveled some, and found the main character's/Travis's home town, saw the scene with him and Faris, and then left.
FF6 is coming out for the GBA like next month.

Also go back to were you get the airship and talk to Cid and he'll tell you what to do next.
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 11:57:07 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
yeah, airship!!  after you get the airship, you really should find the town that is in a far corner on the map. it is right beside a river, on the other side is a huge forest surrounded by mountains, and through the mountains there is another river with a lot of waterfalls.  anyways, once you find it, go into the forest and you'll eventually find ramuh, the lightning summon.  yeah!!!!!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2007, 12:54:39 am »
  • .越//
i found it so unfair, the ff3 which noone outside japan knows ( who isnt a freak ) put into 3d and the coolest ff games like 5 & 6 are in the same version as in ps1... ( and ff1-2 were simple wonderswan ports too >_> )

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2007, 01:02:54 am »
  • Shunner of Light
i found it so unfair, the ff3 which noone outside japan knows ( who isnt a freak ) put into 3d and the coolest ff games like 5 & 6 are in the same version as in ps1... ( and ff1-2 were simple wonderswan ports too >_> )

I wouldn't really know, as I haven't played much of any other FF games, and I don't really care to play all of them, although I look forward to playing FF6.

Again, thanks for the help, although I've kind of accidentaly stumbled onto the answer of what to do next.  :P
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 07:52:45 am »
Yeah.. I just bought this in trhe beginning of the week.. and.. mm hm. It's pretty amazing. The little quips and dorky ass jokes are amusing and.. iu don't know. Even though it's al about the crystlas like in the frist few games, it's still really entertaining.

Spoilers -- ..ish.

I'm in the second world. Faris, Bartz and Lenna are level 42 and Galuf is only 38 since he gets taken away for awhile. I have to start training again, though. That's another thing. I actually LIKE leveling in this game. It's fun.. i like mastering as many jobs as I can. But yeah. I just finished with Moore City and I'm going in the forest to the right of it to find whatever ExDeath wants. Good stuff, good stuff.

End Spoilersss --

And FFVI comes out on February 5.. so I want to beat this game before then.. just so I can start over with a clean plate. Then I have to beat VI, IV, III, I and II. XDD I have them all and I just haven't gotten around to them, you know?
  • My Photostream

Dascu

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 12:26:34 pm »
Lvl 42 in main party is quite good. Castle Kushar (or something), the place with the Death Dragons, is a very good spot to train. Lots of Exp and Job Points. Just make sure all your characters can use the Beast Tamer skills. Take Control of the enemy and just let him attack himself every time until he dies.
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2007, 08:34:18 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
*More spoilers*

Do I s*** at this game if my characters are only at level 24, and can't get past the boss on that flying fortress(I forget what that is called at the moment, but it was that thing that came out from under the Town of Ruin)?  I kept trying to use Fira and Ifrit against it, but eventually it kept getting healed by that, and so I used ice-based magic, and the same thing happened, until all the characters were dead, even if I have about a thousand Pheonix Downs.
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2007, 11:05:58 pm »
lol. I love this game. Got pretty far twice. Both times almost beating it. Third time I got to the main boss got stuck and gave up (after quite many weeks of trying)
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2007, 01:11:38 am »
Love it. Ive played all final fantasy games, and pretty much every other single rpg ever made for the playstation, not PS2 though. I just bought my ps2 and finally played 10 and 12. I wasted so much of my life on these ridiculasly long rpg's but it was well wasted in my opinion.

I hope you are only just getting started. There are so many great ones out there. Playstation one in particular holds a lot of gems.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2007, 01:38:59 am »
I've beat this game twice.I found an easy way to beat this game is to take butz and change him to a hunter class.Let him learn
X-Fight(you have to master this class).Then switch him to ninja and add X-Fight to the extra slot.(If you were a fighter/knight ..I
cant remeber which....also equip the Sword Equip in the other slot if you learned it.)Now you can equip 2 weapons as a ninja
and use X-Fight over and over.That's 8 attacks in one turn,16 if you use the double lance..if I remember correctly.But its a mid-level
damage weapon so its up to you.Also master the red mage if you wanna have good magic users.Mastering red mage grants you
X-Magic....X-Fight also works well with Monks(gives you 8 attacks with nothin equipped)
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 02:06:30 am »
  • Shunner of Light
Love it. Ive played all final fantasy games, and pretty much every other single rpg ever made for the playstation, not PS2 though. I just bought my ps2 and finally played 10 and 12. I wasted so much of my life on these ridiculasly long rpg's but it was well wasted in my opinion.

I hope you are only just getting started. There are so many great ones out there. Playstation one in particular holds a lot of gems.

Well, I'll definetly get some of the older FFs, as well as FF6, although I'm not so sure about the newer ones, especialy since I don't plan on getting a working PS2, or a PS3.  And I'm not really going to go out of my way to make sure I get every FF game, as the Zelda series is my main priority.
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2007, 03:05:41 am »
make sure you play FF7...completely.Overworld graphics were bland but it was square's first ff game in 3d so let it slide....
FF9 was pretty decent.FF8 was only good through about disk 3,but i finished it 3x so it's up to the player to decide
if it's good or not.It's also too easy.If you want a somewhat hard FF then play the original FF on NES.The updates
let u lvl up too easily.Original FF3jap for nes was hard too.Ive beaten all FF's up to X-2 so if you have any questions just ask.
I've beaten them all multiple times trying to figure out best strategies and such.The only thing I could not do was the
Excalibur 2 sword in FF9.You had to get to the end of the game in under 12 hours I believe.That's pretty hard with the amount of
bosses and hard monsters u cant run from.Well pm me if you need help or advice on any FF or recommendations on rpgs.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2007, 03:50:15 pm »
  • .越//
make sure you play FF7...completely.Overworld graphics were bland but it was square's first ff game in 3d so let it slide....
FF9 was pretty decent.FF8 was only good through about disk 3,but i finished it 3x so it's up to the player to decide
if it's good or not.It's also too easy.If you want a somewhat hard FF then play the original FF on NES.The updates
let u lvl up too easily.Original FF3jap for nes was hard too.Ive beaten all FF's up to X-2 so if you have any questions just ask.
I've beaten them all multiple times trying to figure out best strategies and such.The only thing I could not do was the
Excalibur 2 sword in FF9.You had to get to the end of the game in under 12 hours I believe.That's pretty hard with the amount of
bosses and hard monsters u cant run from.Well pm me if you need help or advice on any FF or recommendations on rpgs.

you really have to much time or no life

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.311 seconds with 76 queries.