Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Everything's going to change now, isn't it Harry?  (Read 11143 times)

Re: Everything's going to change now, isn't it H...
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2007, 12:56:52 am »
Okay, I read up to page 2, but that's it... so, how do you think stopping spam will help fangames? "Oh, sorry, couldn't make a fangame. I was too busy spamming." I agree that spamming kinda needs to stop, but how will it affect fan games?
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2007, 01:00:55 am »
Okay, I read up to page 2, but that's it... so, how do you think stopping spam will help fangames? "Oh, sorry, couldn't make a fangame. I was too busy spamming." I agree that spamming kinda needs to stop, but how will it affect fan games?

Read further, I think we actually came to an agreement. :p
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2007, 01:06:56 am »

They never said stopping spam would help fan games. They are basically two different subjects. Basically to help Fan Games we need to get more people into looking at Fan Games. Wether it being rating sprites, downloading demo's, checking out screenshots. The Fan Game part of zfgc has taken a backseat.

And now i finally realize why Z3 was invented O_O

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2007, 01:17:06 am »
  • w00t

And thus, the revelation is complete. 

imfletcher raises a good point.  We wanted to separate the projects that were actively being worked on from those who have been dead for months, but perhaps the name "graveyard" is not the most encouraging of names if the creator wants to eventually finish it.

I think it's small details like this that can turn the tide somewhat. 

On a side note, personally I started a fangame about a week ago after having neglected them for years, so hopefully I'll have something to show for Z3.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2007, 01:18:50 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
<3 Fissy.

While we're on the subject, I think it would be beneficial for the viewers of this thread to take a look at the Official z3 Announcement Thread.  It might clear a few things up.  As for future contests: we hope to have making various fan projects more accessible to the community and with sites such as YouTube, applications such as FRAPS and much more, we're hoping to generate interest and participation better than ever.

Generating participation is our strategy, and we're working on things to make participation easier and more fun.  We're also working on inscentives and we're hoping to get other sites generating some interest in what we're doing.

Make any sense?

[EDIT]

On a side note, personally I started a fangame about a week ago after having neglected them for years, so hopefully I'll have something to show for Z3.
I certainly hope so.  I'd love to see it.
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2007, 01:23:24 am »
Oh... sorry. I misread Vash's comment or something... lemme quote it.
The focus of ZFGC should be game development, other wise whats our purpose? To sustain ourselves as a community we have to act as a community, which is what you're saying our focus is. If we have no focus, and we just have the community part of ZFGC,
I still think that we have had the community part of ZFGC for a long time with no complaints whatsoever, why start now? Our community sucks and is now about tr... I mean, we have a great community, and it's a great part of ZFGC. After all, what's in a name?
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2007, 01:25:58 am »
<3 You possy. I checked out the thread, can't wait to see what this year Z3 brings, happens like 6 days before my birthday. Z3 is an awesome way to bring interest and light back into the fan game side of the forum. It's a great way to get people interested at looking at, and making fan games. Putting something up on stage for everyone to see that you worked hard on must feel really good. I know at last year's Z3 i loved checking out all the fan games.

For the past two years Z3 has been a step in the right direction in helping the forum. It helps the Fan Game part of the name stand out. The next step is to stop posting pictures of dead babies, and maybe make a little more effort into not breaking the rules.

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2007, 02:09:55 am »
Well, I think Z3 will help get this back into the gaming idea, I really am seeing some good projects, like SG.

BTW, thanks for putting it on my birthday.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2007, 12:39:24 pm »
  • b e p i s
Third'd (maybe fourth'd? fifth'd?)

Z3 is going to be really cool this year. It's broader in scope and more all-encompassing...remind me if I ever run for President and turn Republican to hire you for my campaign manager Possy...you seem to have a talent for scheduling and bringing to life cool things like this.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2007, 04:30:23 pm »

remind me if I ever run for President and turn Republican to hire you for my campaign manager Possy...you seem to have a talent for scheduling and bringing to life cool things like this.
Its not worth it Knivu.
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2007, 05:25:21 pm »
ZFGC was never a very good game development community, and it just becomes less about fan games every year. >_>

Good luck trying to give this site a point. It would be nice.
  • Yudia

Dascu

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2007, 06:37:43 pm »
Interesting thread. Good discussion. I know I can be an ass every now and then. I'm just trying to have some fun (and I try to limit myself to Off-topic). I basically lost a lot of respect for this site and I've alienated myself from the staff (mods? huh, who are those?). I'd like to help out, get back involved in the community and fangaming business, but I just don't really care all that much anymore. I've got other forums and activities that interest me more.

Eh, try to get that site up. Attract talent. Maybe I'll try to help out then (yeah, I know, easy way out and you, Vash, don't want my help anyway).

Regardless, good luck.
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2007, 06:45:12 pm »
Interesting thread. Good discussion. I know I can be an ass every now and then. I'm just trying to have some fun (and I try to limit myself to Off-topic). I basically lost a lot of respect for this site and I've alienated myself from the staff (mods? huh, who are those?). I'd like to help out, get back involved in the community and fangaming business, but I just don't really care all that much anymore. I've got other forums and activities that interest me more.

Eh, try to get that site up. Attract talent. Maybe I'll try to help out then (yeah, I know, easy way out and you, Vash, don't want my help anyway).

Regardless, good luck.

All help is good help, unless it comes from someone I don't want help from.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2007, 06:54:32 pm »
Again, like I said before, not everyone has to be a game maker.  It would be nice if people cared more about that section and brought more attention to it.  At least make the "gems" really stand out so people are inspired a little to try things for themselves.
The retarded part about the (fan)games is that if one game gets completed, it gets almost every time less attention then an uncompleted (fan)game.

Dascu

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2007, 07:03:32 pm »
All help is good help, unless it comes from someone I don't want help from.
... ;_;

I can clean out the toilets... :(

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2007, 04:05:06 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Awesome discussion. Read it all, and seriously, pics of dead babies? WTF? What kind of monster would post that &#@%? Good that an agreement was reached, but a good point was proven. Every year, half the forum's title becomes less and less important. Now I've finished 2 fan games, but have been unable to get them. An uncompleted fan game had to be stopped since my file was corrupted, but I have an EXE of the first world complete. A Zelda fan game I was making is incomplete but is good, even with voice acting. I believe in the concept of fan games, and z3 is helping that. The forum was originally designed around OoT2D and other fan games like it. But through ZFGC's many incarnations, the fan games' importance has slowly declined. We need to go back to the original ZFGC spirit, back to when fan games dominated the forum. I hope everyone here thinks I'm making some good points. Just keep this in mind: if the idea of fan games become lost forever, so will this forum. Its roots are based in them.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.447 seconds with 69 queries.