Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved] Inside cave alttp  (Read 7332 times)

[Solved] Inside cave alttp
« on: May 17, 2007, 10:13:19 am »
  • A little Alive
I am trying to get just plain normale alttp cave in this chipset (tileset)

but the colours change the whole time.
and sins I dont know hwo to get the right colours
Could some one please try and get
Normal alttp cave tiles
in this chipset
and it should be alowed in rpg maker

Thanks alot already
And I understand if no one can do this is pretty hard
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:17:29 am by Malonfan2012 »
Re: Reqeust Inside cave alttp
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 07:17:48 pm »
  • A little Alive
bump
sorry I really need this

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 11:25:40 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
It's not hard, just time consuming, what program are you using?
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-

Bistian

Procedurally generated bro.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 02:08:17 pm »
  • That's right, I'm back.
Rpg Maker !
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 05:42:23 pm »
  • A little Alive
and it should be alowed in rpg maker

Thanks alot already
And I understand if no one can do this is pretty hard
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 07:34:21 pm »
That you have to modify your sprite's and tiles to an certain format so RPG maker can use it is retarded! The creators of RPG maker should've done it like Mark Overmars did for Game Maker. Anyway I think Crystal Angel ment what program you used to modify the tile?
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 08:17:27 pm »
That you have to modify your sprite's and tiles to an certain format so RPG maker can use it is retarded! The creators of RPG maker should've done it like Mark Overmars did for Game Maker. Anyway I think Crystal Angel ment what program you used to modify the tile?
Thats not neccessaraly true, what was the most efficient way for Mark Overmars may not be the most efficient for RPG maker.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 09:17:44 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Anyway I think Crystal Angel ment what program you used to modify the tile?

That I was. Since when I make those damned tile sets I used Photoshop, set it to 16x16 grid and worked from there and it automatically snaps the tiles in the right place. And as for the color, in photoshop set the mode to "Indexed" and it will be free to use in RPG Maker since it restricts it to the 200 and some colors that it recongnizes... but to be perfectly honest its easier (and you can throw in a lot more detail) making the map as you would normally then set it as the parallax background and save the tile/chip set for the objects that need to be on different layers... that is of course unless you're using the parallax background for other purposes (ie: the background in a hole when you look down in it or a sky). Anyway way you do it make sure its limited to 256(?) colors.

http://www.zfgc.com/index.php?topic=2512.0

For future reference, use the search feature of the forums to look for things before requesting, what took you over two days to get took me 2 minutes to find.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-

uma

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 03:29:48 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.

What? So your calling Rpgmaker's method of splitting tiles into 16x16 blocks and having to format them that way retarded? Well, seeing as how rpgmaker's main purpose is to create games similair to classic Snes games, I think it makes perfect sense.

You see, the Snes(And nes) store tile data in 8x8 blocks in the cartridges. When the cartridge is loaded into the Snes, and the power is on, then map data and tile, palette, sprite and other offsets are called up. Usually tiles are stored in compressed memory were as sprites are stored in uncompressed. Thats why they can be viewed and edited using Tiled2002(Tile rom editting program).

Anyways, when the tile offsets are mapped, 8x8 square are put together in groups of 4(Or 16 like in Seiken densetsu 3). For example, grass tiles in most 2d Snes or Gba games are put into 16x16 squares, which takes 4 different looking 8x8 tiles.

My point is, Rpgmaker does what the Snes does. Except making mapping *much* easier. Sure, you could do what gamemaker does and have tiles that don't have to be right next to each other, but you couldn't do auto tiles i'm assuming. Or maybe you can but I would also assume putting the tiles in format would make it much easier to do... where as rpgmaker uses it's format to make mapping much easier, with auto tiles.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 07:12:54 am »
  • A little Alive
I use rpg because as uma said, I can do the basic stuff of alttp.
and I know much of the ''coding'' of rpg already.

I think that you can make a much beter game with rpg then gm.
why, well because gm is so freaking hard, and then you dont know how to do what.
I mean I have seen cool games made with rpg then with gm.

but hej maybe that just me.
I am not saying gm is bad, no not al all I mean look at what other people made. like kleaver, and the maker of orecal of life.

all I am saying is that rpg maker is easier, wich there for you can make a faster fan game.

any way
does anybody have kleavers tiles in pgn?
the colours are all !@#$% up.
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 09:01:22 am »
I use rpg because as uma said, I can do the basic stuff of alttp.
and I know much of the ''coding'' of rpg already.

I think that you can make a much beter game with rpg then gm.
why, well because gm is so freaking hard, and then you dont know how to do what.
I mean I have seen cool games made with rpg then with gm.

but hej maybe that just me.
I am not saying gm is bad, no not al all I mean look at what other people made. like kleaver, and the maker of orecal of life.

all I am saying is that rpg maker is easier, wich there for you can make a faster fan game.

any way
does anybody have kleavers tiles in pgn?
the colours are all !@#$% up.
You can't compare RPG maker with Game Maker since RPG maker is waaaay to limited compared with GM. The name itself says it already 'RPG Maker' that means its mainly made to only make RPG games. While Game Maker its name means that you can make any game with it. And then I hear you saying yeah but some people made non RPG's in RPG maker. That's true but most of them suck in my opinion. And there are allot things that bug me in RPG maker. Here are a few things.

1) That you can't set your own resolution wich you easily can set in Game Maker.

2) Diagonal movement seems to be pretty hard to do in RPG maker from what I heard of many RPG maker users. While this can easily be done in Game Maker. So that's why most RPG games have that very lame and old 4 directions walking. Then I hear you saying yeah but new and populair games like Pokemon Diamond/Pearl have 4 directions walking. And that's right but that doesn't mean its good. But this point can be debated on forever.

3) How you have to modify your sprites and tile in order to use them is way to not user-friendly. But in Game Make you can easily load sprites and tiles without having to modify them in a certain format.

And I can keep going on like this for a long time but that's not needed. I'm not saying that RPG maker is an bad program. It's good for standard RPG's but nothing more. Anyway I wasn't planning to start an debate here so I won't!  XD It seems you have thanks to Crystal Angel allot alttp tiles in RPG maker format. So I wish you good luck for whatever you're gonna use them. :)
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 09:53:02 am »
  • A little Alive
yes, and I said that gm is bad at all.
and I didn't say that rpg isn't limited cause it is
and yes sorry with gm you can do more, not only rpg

Point:
Rpg: is limited but good for rpgs
gm: hard, not limited and good for 3d and more.

rpg: easy, good for starters
gm: hard, not good for starters

any way
yet again.
if some one has the dungeon tiles from kleaver in pgn, I would like that :)
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 03:47:13 pm »
yes, and I said that gm is bad at all.
and I didn't say that rpg isn't limited cause it is
and yes sorry with gm you can do more, not only rpg

Point:
Rpg: is limited but good for rpgs
gm: hard, not limited and good for 3d and more.

rpg: easy, good for starters
gm: hard, not good for starters

any way
yet again.
if some one has the dungeon tiles from kleaver in pgn, I would like that :)
You're the first one that I know of says that GM is hard! The GM manual is even in our language... Anyway I think you'll have to pm Kleaver for those.

uma

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2007, 05:47:05 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
GM is most certainly not user friendly! I tried the unregistered 6.0 version, and I had no idea what the f*** I was doing. I tried making a walking thing, but I phailed... GM is pretty hard compared to other makers. But I didn't get this magical manual of which you speak... is like online or something? I didn't check because I just wasn't feeling GM...

Rpgmaker is not as limited as most people think. For instance, this is Rpgmaker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7SotgdE824
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmnD-4dYZkY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKND0QPXkv0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-zb1CWhZp4

Then again, no beginner could ever do that! Just as GM, it takes time, patience and experience.

Then theirs rpgmaker XP, which is as good, if not, better than GM. I've seen some pretty amazing stuff in XP! It just needs more time.

Now, its GM's scripting looked more like Visual Basics, I could probably get something done, mainly because its the only language I have a thorough knowledge of. Sorry for being so radiculously off topic everyone!
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.367 seconds with 62 queries.

anything