Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Protest the Hero - (Udated with their other album, and more demos)  (Read 1466 times)

Protest the Hero - (Udated with their other albu...
« on: May 08, 2006, 05:54:24 pm »
Edit: I just updated this post, with their other album 'A Calculated Use of Sound' I also, added a couple more songs that you can listen to from the album 'Kezia', and Ive uploaded nearly all of the songs from 'A Calculated Use of Sound' Reasonf or me adding so many from that album, is you can't buy it anywhere because it was prety underground, before they got signed by a big lable.
If you are interested. Their other album which I uploaded, is a lot heavier, punk, and sounds similar to AFI in a lot of ways. So if that is your thing. Check out the bottom of this post.

Alright well, there has been a few people who I have recomended this band on this forum to so far. I figured maybe I would just make a topic about them. They are a candian band made up of 6 18 year olds who have been playing since they were 14. Anyways. They just finally released their first full length CD and are begining to get noticed in Canada and the US.

I just wanted to share these guys with anybody who doesn't listen becasue I enjoy them. Of course they are not everybodies cup of tea. I mean, they are a different style of metal and not everybody will love it. They would be classified as metal I suppose. But the only real screaming you might hear is some deep back up vocals from the other band members. Most of their music consists of very fast shredding on guitar, and amazing loud and beautifull vocals by the lead singer Rody Walker. It's mostly all really fast paced.

Another thing I really love about this band. Is their creativity. Most bands just make an album and fill it with random songs that aren't related to eachother in any way. But these guys stood out to me, because they went beyond that, they made their entire album like a story. The lyrics are prety powerfull. I know Ive posted them on past ZFC's in the "post some lyrics" topics. It's about this girl named Kezia. And it takes place in the past era. Supposably aorund WWII. (to my knowlage) And it tells this little story in first person from three different perspectives. They split it into 4 sections. The first act is the prison Priest.(which may be hard to interpret the lyrics but give it your best shot) The second part is the Executioner, or the 'Prison Guard'. His part is prety obvious to interpret, he has some morals, but hes been trained to be cold, he has to kill this girl for no reason, etc. And the third act is Kezia's part. She tells about how scared she is, writes to her mom, and so on. (wont ruin it) and then there is the Finale. Which is basicly straight from protest the hero. Kind of like a shout out to society. Try and read them fluently, (probably best if you do it along side the actual song) But don't just read it one line at a time pausing cause its a fluent little statement.

Anyways. I don't really feel like writing them all out. So I will just hyperlink to each one, and If I can I will try and include a demo in each section. But no promises.

Act 1. - The Priest.
- No Stars Over Bethlahem
- Heretics & Killers - Listen?
- Divinity Within - Listen?

Act 2. - The Prison Guard (Executioner)
- Burry the Hatchet - Listen?
- Nauctical
- Blindfolds Aside - Listen?

Act 3. - Kezia (the Executee)
- She Who Mars the Skin of the Gods
- Turn Soonest to the Sea - Listen?
- The Divine Suicide of K. - Listen?

Finale - The Band
- A Platefull of Our Dead - Listen?

So there you have it. That is the details about the new album Kezia. If you like them, cool. If you don't, cool. I just thought I would advertise them here. Becaus I think their songs are meaningfull, and very well composed, and they have lots of talent. And I want Canadian bands to be known more. If you like extreme on the verge of emo vocals, some slight punk sounding backups, and screaming guitar, with meaningfull yrics, check out Kezia. And if you are into the thrashier punk "anti-flag" "AFI" sounding stuff check out the previous album which was sort of underground " A Calculated Use of Sound"

UPDATE: As I said at the top. Ive added details on their previous album before they got signe dby Vagrant records(sp). So If you are into AFI and other bands like that, check out this album. Because they sound similar.

A Calculated Use of Sound
This album didn't really have a theme as their new one 'Kezia'. But its full of thrashy punk, with good vocals and guitar. Still, their songs continue to have meaning behind them, about corruption in the goverment and so on.

These Colors Don't Run - Listen?
Red Stars Over the Battle of CowshedListen?
An Apathetic New World - Listen?
Fear and Loathing in Larime
Led Astray - Listen?
I am Dmitri Karamazov and the World is My Father

There you have it. Hope you like. Because I do. ;)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 08:53:33 pm by skully »
We may be human. But we're still animals.
Re: Protest the Hero - (Udated with their other ...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 05:03:10 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
SIMILAR TO AFI!

* Issac_Amisov sexplodes

Dont listen to him... yikes...

I did see protest the hero at a local show a couple years back, now there on like Muchmusic  :o

Blows my mind. XD
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 11:17:13 pm »
  • You're the yellow bird that I've been waiting for.
Yep, they definately sound like a Vagrant Records band ;) Good music. I liked it up into the vocals, but I only listened to one song.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 11:44:51 pm »
SIMILAR TO AFI!

* Issac_Amisov sexplodes

Dont listen to him... yikes...

I did see protest the hero at a local show a couple years back, now there on like Muchmusic  :o

Blows my mind. XD
The album Kezia doesn't really resemble them at all. But Thats the first thing my brother who is an afi fan said when I showed him a calculated use of sound. Some of their stuff form that album resembles afi in my opinion. Not that they are extreamly alike. But that Afi fans might like that album, beuase there is a resemblance in some of their songs, with vocals, and rytham etc. With a kind of punk sound. (not "these colors don't run" if that was the only one you listened to.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 12:15:04 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
I actually listen to alot of protest the hero and I own kezia. yah, I guess that is true... the first album is pretty punk, I thought you were talking about the new album as sounding like afi, The first album has some resemblance.  ;D
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 12:23:34 am »
I actually listen to alot of protest the hero and I own kezia. yah, I guess that is true... the first album is pretty punk, I thought you were talking about the new album as sounding like afi, The first album has some resemblance.  ;D
Yeah, its not like 'Identical' but its got a punk atmosphere, and actual singing vocals, with backup singers, etc. same kind of feel. That is why I recomend it to Afi fans. But there is differences, like PTH isn't as tender in some of their songs. For example the album 'sing for sorrow' compared to a calculated use of sound. Afi was more tender with that album, where as PTH prety much kept with the fast paced thrashy guitar sound throughout the album. And Afi doesn't go quite as far as pth with technicality. I think on some of their songs they are a bit 'overkill' with the guitar and stuff but when I am in the mood for that kind of stuff its perfect. Yet afi is just like that in some of their older extreme punk stuff and they are just banging around spitting out lyrics. But they also have a more calmed down side to them that I like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 49 queries.

anything