Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 preliminary reviews from the bargain bin  (Read 1194 times)

3 preliminary reviews from the bargain bin
« on: December 23, 2009, 02:15:20 am »
Well, I have quite a bit of extra cash and already bought Christmas presents, so I bought myself some games I never played before.  Gamecrazy has a "buy 2 get 1 free" deal on used games.
Keep in mind: these are just preliminary thoughts from playing each game for about an hour.
These are pretty unbiased too as I haven't read or watched anything about these games except maybe a quick peek on the games' reviews scores. I'll refrain from possible spoilers.

Assassin's parkour
I remember reading articles about it in a game magizine when it was being previewed.  Nothing about the bizarre story was present so I was kinda like "what?" when I started the game.
Controls leave much to be desired.  The combat doesn't seem to flow very well.  Cutscenes are
really a bore for me.  Maybe it'll get better as I get more into it.  For now, it'll sit at the bottom of the pile of games to beat.

Dead Space
Loving this game!  This game is what RE5 should have been like(love or hate that comment as I played RE5 into the ground for about a month straight when it was released).  The controls in Dead Space should have been implemented in RE5.  Though they are very similar, they are also very different.  The graphics are pretty sweet too for a game that is what, almost 2 years old(going by the copyright year).  It's been a long time since I jumped from a game(Resident Evil 2...lol).  The story seems lack-luster thus far but I only played past Chapter 2.  But, the gameplay, enemies, setting, and zero-gravity make up for it.
Oh and Dolby 5.1....<3

Infinite Undiscovery
Had to grab it since it looked like a jRPG.  Pretty weird at this point for me.  The combat is somewhat bizarre at the moment.  Probably have to just get used to it.  The voice acting...>.>, when there is voice acting.  This is 2009.  Since when do we still read dialogue in a next-gen game? j/k  I am liking the soundtrack.  Soon as I finish Dead Space, I am going to dive into this one.

Well, like those or hate 'em.  I got all three for $35.  Plus, it's only at least an hour into each so there is a lot to be desired but I have always been the gamer that can decide in the first half-hour if I am going to like a game or not.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: 3 preliminary reviews from the bargain bin
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 02:08:12 am »
Assassins parkour 2 > Assassins parkour 1

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 02:10:43 am »
  • :D
Assassins parkour 2 > Assassins parkour 1

True fact.

Dead space is a game with great graphics, great sound design, and all sorts of other well-designed features, but for some reason I can never get myself dedicated/interested enough to finish it.  Meh :/
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 05:25:05 am »
  • odens knop
I enjoyed Assassin's parkour, but in my opinion it was a bit to repetitive. Dead Space is a great game, I just haven't had time to beat it yet.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 42 queries.

anything