Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resource storage suggestions  (Read 7320 times)

Re: Resource storage suggestions
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 08:36:39 am »
I think so too. That would mean that with the searching and just browsing you would need to be able to select "resource ready only". But I do think that only a few can decide whether a submission is resource ready.

There should also be some notification on the forum or website to show that someone has added a resource. I don't go to the resource section to often to comment on the resources.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:40:39 am by Niek »
Re: Resource storage suggestions
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 12:43:19 pm »
It was my expectation that any resource submitted to the site would be resource ready, if it can't be used in a game it's worthless from our perspective, probably the only exception I would make if it were freely editable, and thus members could submit their contributions. As far as quality goes, my desire is that each animation is considered a separate resource (not having two almost identical sheets sans a few animations), no recolours etc. though I'm not necessarily going to hold to it. Personally I'm going to leave it up to the discretion of the members, if they think a resource is !@#$% they can report it and then moderators can decide whether or not to delete it, someone uploading something that isn't that good isn't going to take away from the overall system.

Also I might add that a topic is created on the forum when a resource is created, as to combat the fact that not everyone is going to check the resource system.

I have to be extremely careful when it comes to making changes to the tagging system, as most of the time it requires me to reset the tag database.

I do have a few extra ideas that I want to implement.
- Having tags with multiple names
- Updating the tag UI on the submission form to how it is on actual search & to also add tag suggestions based on similar resources
- Add a Tag Cloud showing all the tags and their use
- Adding a tag management page

I'll probably follow through with the grouping idea by adding a few extra tick boxes for each group option as well as the author and then converting them to tags in the back end as that's the easiest way of doing it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 39 queries.