Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time 3D  (Read 4892 times)

Ocarina of Time 3D
« on: June 17, 2011, 09:18:55 pm »
  • odens knop
I picked up my copy this morning when the store opened. The pre-order bonus we got in Sweden is a little pin. The same kind of pin we got as a bonus when we pre-ordered Ocarina of Time likea decade ago. Anybody else got theirs?

I'm at the Forest Temple right now. So far the only con has been that Ruto's message in the bottle looked sort of wierd when Link got it if you have the 3D on max. The best improvements I have found so far:

• The gyroscope controls for first person stuff. They work amazing and allow quick and accurate aim beyond what was possible before.
  • Mido's walking animation. Maybe it was present in the original, but it's really funny looking in the remake. It suits him well.
  • The rework that has been done on Temple of Time. Temple of Time looks absolutely stunning. Especially when Link is a child.

Some things have just changed though. Camera angles during scripted events is one thing that isn't particularly bothering me, but it just feels unfamiliar. Oh example is when Link is sitting on his bed (?) in the beginning and when Darunia is dancing to Saria's song. I can see why they didn't want the camera to spin like in the original because of the 3D, though.

What are your thoughts?
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
Re: Ocarina of Time 3D
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 10:11:19 pm »
  • Minalien
You Swedish !@#$%, I have to wait until Sunday. >:(

Still, I'm excited for it, and it's good to hear that it's keeping to the values of the original. :D

As far as the OOT2D comment.. Well, see my signature. ;3
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 10:55:12 pm »
I've got a copy as well. Already up to Fishing as an adult and haven't even spent all day on it

I have to agree with Riisnaes

UK get a special edition game sleeve and a poster
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:57:36 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 12:22:14 am »
  • odens knop
You Swedish !@#$%, I have to wait until Sunday. >:(

Still, I'm excited for it, and it's good to hear that it's keeping to the values of the original. :D

As far as the OOT2D comment.. Well, see my signature. ;3
This is the first time since like Shenmue 2 something similar has happened!  :o I lol'd at the signature, btw.

King Tetiro, selected retailers in the UK also got green Link hats I believe. Very limited quantities were produced. Didn't Australia get ocarinas? What is America getting?
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 12:56:05 am »
  • Minalien
I can't find any information on America getting one at all, actually. >.>;;
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 04:24:44 am »
  • .越//
don't have a 3ds but germany had a preorder package with an ugly ds-bag and a oot logo pressed on it

edit: @ topictitle: oot2d is better than a oot3d because its retro style if it would be finished... retro pwns all ;)

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 05:17:45 am »
Wasn't ocarina always a 3D game :S?
And yeah, Aus gets plastic ocarinas. Not a great incentive if you ask me.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 06:51:59 am »
Yay for being in Sweden and getting Ocarina of Time yesterday ^_^
I was at home being quite sick, so my gentleman of a fiancé went and bought a 3DS and Zelda on my behalf (I'll give him money today though, lol.) So damn good! But I didn't get far at all, I just ran around happily in kokiri forest, and then I fell asleep. ;>_<; I guess I really am sick...
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 10:24:55 am »
Heading to the Fire Temple now. But before having a blast at the Boss Battle Time Mode. I've set the bar for Gohma. 00:25:86 seconds to beat her
  • Phoenix Heart

GANONSLAY3R

my xbox live gamer tag - GANON SLAY3R
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 11:41:01 am »
i got mine from amazon so i didn't get anything with it, but just having the game good because it's freaking awesome  XD

Ocarina of Time Re-imagined cooming soon....
  • OOT Re-imagined Web

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 04:19:12 pm »
Woot the Water Temple is no longer a !@#$% of a dungeon. Now to !@#$% my pants at the Shadow Temple (Shouldn't have done that dungeon at the age of 9 LOL)
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 05:14:52 am »
  • 笑い男
Been playing it since the 16th :D
And already on my way to death mountain :D ...well I've been busy with other stuff! D:

But man, I'm sure glad I did buy this. Such a great feeling playing this game lol

Also, I never got a 3DS because of it's 3D screen, but I must admit, playing with 3D on and then trying to play with it off... it's completely different.
People stick "3D!!!!11" in too many things making it a gimmick, when when used naturally like this it's just fantastic, in a way you don't realise until you go back to 2D.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 03:18:13 pm »
I have played the original quest except the fishing game because I got pissed off with it and I have to say even with the fishing game being some reason harder this game is actually better than the original.

And Ganon looks epic. Well done Nintendo

EDIT: Ok this is awesome. We get 6 save files overall. 3 for original quest and 3 for master quest.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:30:25 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 05:04:15 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Heading to the Fire Temple now. But before having a blast at the Boss Battle Time Mode. I've set the bar for Gohma. 00:25:86 seconds to beat her

If the little trick in the original still works, I'll have her down in 2 seconds flat :)

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 05:55:48 pm »

If the little trick in the original still works, I'll have her down in 2 seconds flat :)
What trick?
I think they've removed the sinking lure so I dunno. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong
  • Phoenix Heart

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 08:16:44 pm »
  • Idk
I've set the bar for Gohma. 00:25:86 seconds to beat her.

My record for Gohma is 00:09:50.
King Dodongo: 00:41:10.

Gonna make a topic for Boss Challange records, could be cool to see if we can beat each others records.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:19:24 pm by SinkinDevil »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 08:28:46 pm »
I've set the bar for Gohma. 00:25:86 seconds to beat her.

My record for Gohma is 00:09:50.
King Dodongo: 00:41:10.

Gonna make a topic for Boss Challange records, could be cool to see if we can beat each others records.
Oh well it's good whilst it last. Still at least I'm the first on this forum to beat Ocarina of Time 3D's original quest :P
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 03:23:58 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
The "trick" is to nail her with the slingshot as soon as the match starts, lock on, jump attack with deku stick, remove the lock, hold up the shield and mash the B button.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 06:44:38 am »
  • Idk
I know that trick. But in the boss mode you only get the slingshot, the sword and a shield.

EDIT: New record for Queen Gohma. It's 00:08:70.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:22:31 am by SinkinDevil »
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 01:12:24 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Tell me experience with 3D mode and do some animations look as odd as in videos. I am buying 3DS later (year maybe), so I am interested in how it feels like.

Also have you tried glitches which were in old N64 game, like infinity sword glitch?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 74 queries.

anything