ZFGC CP > Management

Story Pass: Fourth Chapter

(1/5) > >>

MG-Zero:
And here we are at Chapter 4, the Goron Arc!

What we have so far is that the Gorons are plagued by a bone/tooth/whatever the hell it is rot disease.  Many of them have retreated to the depths of the Goron Mines to escape the disease.
Unlike Gorons of previous Games, they live on the outside of the mountain instead of in a giant cave.

Mirby:
I'd say tooth rot. That would make it hard to eat the rocks that are the staple of their diet. If the Goron Mines have some... volcanic activity within them, perhaps they'll have fled there because the rocks are softer?

Thought I'd try adding some explanation (plus, Gorons are my fav Zelda race so yeah)

Max.:
Mirby, chiming in is great, 'cause the story team seems to have mostly dwindled down to me and Steve :p

So, here was my idea for the Goron's backstory:

Years ago, a young Goron prospector was digging a new tunnel and stumbled across a vain of an undiscovered mineral. This mineral was named Goro Ore. Goro Ore is incredibly hard, and metal forged from it is known for never breaking or rusting. As such, it was alloyed with other metals for use in steam pipes and pneumatic systems in the Goron Carbon mines. Some swords were been forged out of pure Goro Metal, and they are prized and passed down for generations. Occasionally, one was be awarded to an Officer in the Hylian Guard for outstanding service. Notably, Gorons ate small quantities of Goro Ore for strong teeth.

The Goro ore vein, wonderful as it was, quickly ran out. The Gorons found another vein that seemed similar to the Goro Ore Vein. When forged, it showed many of the properties that Goro Ore has, and was more plentiful. The material was dubbed Violet Ore for its color. A large mining operation was set up. Long tunnels were bored into the vein, until disaster struck on two fronts.

Goron workers began to go missing, and a plague struck the Gorons, who had been eating rocks from this new vein. Working with a Hylian geologist and blacksmith, Blaine, the Gorons tested the Violet Ore and found out that the rock, except for it's hardness, was nothing like Goro Ore. It was normal granite that had become tainted with some sort of poison, and although it caused strong material, it also caused Goron tooth rot.

Mining operations were shut down, even as more Gorons went missing. Rumors of some sort of monster spread, and although this was neither proved or disproved, the mine was sealed shut. The Gorons ceased trade with the rest of Hyrule and became suspicious of outsiders. The Goron Elder shut down the Gorons' borders until they figured out how to deal with their problem.

This is the state of the Goron mountains when Link arrives...

I haven't actually given much thought to what Link will actually do there. Here's the general things I was thinking:

- Link needs to find out Maple's backstory, if he hasn't yet, to realize that she wants the cogs to become the greatest witch. If Maple hasn't already said this in battle. She probable should have said this in the Deku or Zora areas, actually...

Also, the poison in the Violet Ore comes from a monster, the dungeon boss, who lives deep in the mountain. It'd been taking Gorons from the mines, and Link will free them through the dungeon, like the fire temple in OoT. Also, I was thinking, at the boss, Link and Maple could team up to fight it.

After defeating the boss together, Maple swoops in a grabs the cog. Victory is finally hers, for once, but looking at Link, she pauses. Reflecting, she realizes that all this time, even without getting any other cogs, she has grown in her magic. She never would have been able to face that boss before. Even without the cogs, just by believing in herself, she became a better witch. She also takes time to realize that she can help people, inspired by Link's constant care. Using the cog and the venom of the boss, she whips up a potion that can cure the Gorons. Then she hands Link the cog and the potion, and tells him to deliver the cure to the Goron people. She's going back to her mentor, Syrup, to apologize to her for running away, and complete her witch training!

Link would then deliver the potion to the Goron Elder, curing them, proving to the elder that the Gorons CAN use the help of other people and shouldn't just withdraw and be stubborn, and finishing up their story arc.

Link then moves on toward the Shiekah arc.

I think this is the most satisfying ending for Maple, since the Gorons need a magic cure, and she's a witch and going back to this after the Shiekah dungeon wouldn't really work. The problem is that this takes Maple out of the equation for the next arc. I think we can use this to our advantage, though, and have Link confront the ancient hero directly, which is a good place to start instilling doubt about the Gerudo King's true motives. Also, the shiekah, if Link talks to them, would serve a similar purpose.

Sooo, anyway, we've gotta figure out what Link will do upon arriving in the mountains, how he'll get in if the Gorons are being isolationist, and what he'll do to get access into the Goron mines.

MG-Zero:
That all sounds pretty good and it closes up Maple's purpose in the story.  That in itself gives reason to face the Hero directly as you said in the valley.

As for what to do, Link needs to acquire the bow in the mountains before moving to the mines.  Maybe there's an overgrowth of bomb flowers due to the poison and it's interfering with their steam-based technology used for mining and such?

Mirby:
Bomb sniping. Use it as a puzzle element. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version